- Volume 13 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Design of an Integrated Product Management System for Game Software Development
게임 소프트웨어 산출물 통합관리시스템 설계
- Kim, Byung-Cheol (Information and Culture Technology Studies, Seoul National University)
- 김병철 (서울대학교 정보문화학전공)
- Received : 2015.10.24
- Accepted : 2015.12.20
- Published : 2015.12.28
This paper proposes an integrated management system for products of game software development. Those products generated over software life-cycle are generally huge in numbers, various in kinds and interconnected in relationships among them. Especially they are highly complex and tightly coupled each other because they are used to build another world which is composed of multi-modal data such as graphics, sound, logics and so on. Therefore it is critical to manage development products in an integrated manner to guarantee the quality of software. The proposed system is designed to provide project/requirement/configuration/traceability management capabilities and interfacing to CASE standards. To achieve the objective, it is based on data warehouse technologies which provide central repositories of heterogeneous data, multi-aspect reporting&analysis capabilities, traceability, verification, etc.
Software Quality;Product Management;Development Process;Integrated Management System;Data Warehouse
- A. Labodova, "Implementing integrated management systems using a risk analysis based approach," Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 571-580, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2003.08.008
- O. Hermanns, "Data Access Protocols for Integrated Engineering Environments", Proc. CompEuro '93: Computers in Design, Manufacturing and Production, IEEE, pp. 350-357, 1993.
- K. Pohl and S. Jacobs, "Concurrent Engineering: Enabling Traceability and Mutual Understanding," Concurrent Eng.: Research & Applications Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 279-290, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/1063293X9400200404
- A. Gunasekaran, "An integrated product developmentquality management system for manufacturing," The TQM Magazine, Vol. 10 Iss: 2, pp.115 - 123, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1108/09544789810211425
- M. Braglia and M. Frosolini, "An integrated approach to implement Project Management Information Systems within the Extended Enterprise," International Journal of Project Management, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 18-29, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijproman.2012.12.003
- C. W. L. Hill et al., "Strategic Management: Theory: An Integrated Approach (11th Ed.)," Cengage Learning, 2014.
- DOI: http://www.eurostep.com/
- R. Kimball, "The Data Warehouse Toolkit: Practical Techniques for Building Dimensional Data Warehouses," John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1996.
- T. Thalhammer et al. "Data warehouses: Complementing OLAP with active rules," Data and Knowledge Engineering, Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 241-269, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-023X(01)00042-8
- W. H. Inmon, "Building the Data Warehouse (4th Ed.)," Wiley Publishing Inc., 2005.
- A. Vaisman and E. Zimanyi, "Data Warehouse Systems: Design and Implementation," Springer, 2014.
- Y. S. Lim et al., "The Use of Fagan Inspection in Software Fault Detection and Comparisons with Other Methods: An Experiment Study," Journal of the Korea Information Science Society(C), Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 1-11, 1996.
- R. McLeod, "Software Tesing," John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2007.
- DOI: http://www.esterel-technologies.com/
- J. E. Hajlaoui and N. Hamdani, "Active data warehouse: Review, challenges and issues," 2014 World Symposium on Computer Applications & Research (WSCAR), 2014.