- Volume 13 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Effect of Visual acuity for Change of Astigmatism axis in Myopic astigmatism
근시성 난시안에서 난시축 변화가 시력에 미치는 영향
- Choi, Jun-Gyu (Dept. of Visual Optics, Far East University) ;
- Kim, Bo-Yun (Dept. of Visual Optics, Far East University) ;
- Lee, Eun-Hee (Dept. of Visual Optics, Far East University)
- Received : 2015.10.25
- Accepted : 2015.12.20
- Published : 2015.12.28
The purpose of this study is to compare the status of eyesight according to the change of astigmatism axis in myopic astigmatism and to minimize errors in making astigmatic glasses based on accurate optometry and prescription. The subjects were 93 males and females(186 eyes) who have myopic astigmatism without any ocular disease or systemic disease. We performed comparative analysis on the status of visual acuity according to the change of astigmatism axis to 5, 10 and 15 degree in corrected eyesight 1.0. The direct astigmatism was the most common astigmatism type among the 186 eyes. After all subjects were perfectly corrected into 1.0, the change of astigmatism axis affected eyesight; The results suggested that the more change was made in astigmatism axis, the worse their eyesight would become. The main astigmatism type was changed from direct astigmatism to inverse astigmatism as age increased. The change of the astigmatism axis resulted in failing of corrected eyesight. Therefore, the convergence of examination and correction for astigmatism strength and axis is necessary when conducting refraction inspection for astigmatism.
Astigmatism;Astigmatism Correction;Astigmatism Axis;Visual Acuity;Convergence
- Hyun Sik Kang, Introduction to visual optics. p.169, Shinkwangpub, 2011.
- Hyun Seung Kim, Hyo Myung Kim , Gong Je Seong, Young Suk Yu, Ophthalmology, p.338, Ilchokak, 2014.
- Jung Hee Kim, Sue Ah Kang, A Study on the Relationship Between the Off-Axis Cylinder and Corrected Vision of Astigmatism, J. Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc, Vol 12, No. 3, pp. 83-87, 2007.
- Pung-Ju Sung, Optometry, p.91-92, Daihakseorim, 2004.
- Jung Hee Kim, In Suk Kim, A Study of the Relationship between the Disc of Least Confusion and Corrected Vision of Astigmatism, J. Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 51-57, 2008.
- Capone RC, Astigmatism, In: KE Brookman, "Refractive Management of Ametropia", Boston, Butterworth-Heine-mann, pp.78, 1996.
- Hyun Ju Park, Jai Min Kim, Headache Associated with Refractive Error and Binocular Anomalies, Korean J. Vis Sci. Vol. 1, No. 1, pp, 125-135. 1999
- Tae Mo Chung, Chung Kil Choi, Ouk Choi, Relationship Between Visual Acuity and Refractive Error in Myopia. J Korean Ophthalmol Soc, Vol 18, No. 4, pp. 305-314, 1977.
- Tunnacliffe AH, "Introduction to Visual Optics" 4th printed and bound by Unwin Brothers Ltd, p.134-155, 1993.
- Yong Han Jin. Refractive Test and Prescription, Korean University of Ulsan Press, pp. 163-167, 1999.
- Na ri Ha, Jung Kone You, Jai Min Kim, Ten-year Refractive Error and Astigmatism Change in Korean Subjects, J. Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 389-397, 2010.
- Chan Su Kim, Muyan Kim, Hyun Seung Kim , Young Chun Lee, Change of Corneal Astigmatism With Aging in Koreans with Normal Visual Acuity, J Korean Ophthalmol Soc, Vol. 43, No. 10, pp. 1956-1962, 2002.
- Chan Soo Kim, Jung Wan Ryu., Hyun Seung Kim, Young Chun Lee, Distribution and Change of Total Astigmatism, Corneal Astigmatism and Residual Astigmatism with Age in Patient with Emmetropia, J Korean Ophthalmol Soc, Vol. 46, No. 3, pp. 485-493, 2005.
- Douk Hoon Kim, A Young Sung, Stanley Crossman,. Clinical Study on Measurement Accuracy of Astigmatic Components, J. Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 63-69, 2006.
- Sang Yeob Kim, Min Jae Lee, Kang Cheon Lee, Tae Hee Lee, Byeong Yeon Moon, Hyun Gug Cho, Changes of Corrective Astigmatism Values Depending on Position of Circle of Least Confusion in Astigmatic Refining Test Using Cross Cylinder, J Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 349-354, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2015.20.3.349
- Effects of Stray Light in Blue-light Blocking Lens on the Quality of Image vol.17, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.5.612