- Volume 13 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Effects of The concentration Program Based on Acceptance-Commitment Therapy with High School Students
수용전념치료 기반 집중력프로그램이 고등학생들의 집중력 증가에 미치는 효과
- Received : 2015.10.20
- Accepted : 2015.12.20
- Published : 2015.12.28
The purpose of the this study was to evaluate the effects of self-Control, avoidance cognitive fusion, concentration and learning attitude with high school students. For this, the group acceptance-commitment therapy programs were administered for 12 sessions on a weekly basis. 10 high school students were assigned to treatment group and 10 were assigned to control group. Both pre- post- follow-up of self-Control, avoidance cognitive fusion, concentration and learning attitude were assessed. The results were as the treatment group reported significantly lower avoid fusion to the control group. In addition, the treatment group reported significantly higher score level of self-Control, concentration and learning attitude compared to control. Results indicate that the treatment group is more capable than the control group, of decreasing avoid fusion, while increasing self-Control, concentration and learning attitude. This results suggest that can be applied effectively. Finally, limitations of the present study and suggestions were discussed.
Acceptance-Commitment Therapy;avoidance cognitive fusion;self-Control;concentration;learning attitude
- Kirk S. A., & ChalfantJ. C, "Academic and developmental learning disabilities. New York: Denver Love Publishing. Skills. Technology Teacher", Vol. 49, No. 5, pp. 29-30, 1984.
- Warm, Harriot. L, "Planning in a Public Child Welfare Agency; A Case Study. Child Welfare", Vol. 57, No. 2, pp. 93-100, 1978.
- Bloom, B. S, "Human charateristic and school learning. New York: Mcgraw-hill Book Company", 1976.
- H, J, Lee, "Csikszentmihalyi, Joy of immersion, Seoul: Heameam Publisher", 1999.
- Saarmi, C, P. Salovey & D. J. Sluyter (Eds.), "Emotional development and emotional intelligence, New York : Basic Books", 1997.
- Brownell, C., Ethderidge, W., & Hugerford, "A. Socialization of Self-Regulation: Continuity and Discontinuity Over Age and Context. Presented at The Biennial Meeting of The Society for Research in Child Development", 1997.
- Wegner, D. M, & Pennebaker, J. W, "Handbook of mental control Englewood. Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall", 1993.
- Craig, A. E. & Sandra, V. E. "Family therapy for ADHD: Training children Adolesecencs and Adult. Guilford Press", 1999.
- Beck, A. T, "Cognitive therapy and the emotional disorders. New York: International Universities press".1978.
- Hayes, S. C. Strosahl, K. D. & Wilson, K. G, "Acceptance and commitment therapy: An Experiential Approach to behavior Change. New York: Guilford Press", 1999.
- Hayes, S. C, "A contextual approach to therapy change. In N. Jacobson(Ed.), Psychotherapist in clinical practice: cognitive and behavior perspective, New York: Guilford", 1987.
- Wilson, K. G., & Hayes, S. C, "Resurgence of derived stimulus relations. Journal of the Experim-ental Analysis of Behavior", Vol. 66, No. 3, pp. 267-281, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1901/jeab.1996.66-267
- Biglan, A,"A contextural approach to the clinical treatment of parental distress. Support for care giving, families: Enabling positive adaptation to disability", pp. 299-311, 1989.
- Murrell, A. R., Coyne, L. W., & Wilson, K. G. "ACT with children, adolescents, and their parents. In S. C. Hayes, & K. D.Strosahl (Eds.). A Practical Guide to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, New York: Springer Science & Business Media", 2005.
- Sun-hi Kim, "Mediator effect of self-control on attachement stability and studies accomplishing", Th.M, dissertation, p16-30, Jeonbuk univerity, 2011.
- Ji-hwan Son, "Effect of morning physical train on a school record, numeracy, attention concentrion, study attitude", Th.M, dissertation, pp16-30, Jeonbuk univerity, 2012
- N. K. Gwan, "The Study Elimentary school curriculum. Korea Education Development institue", Vol. 2, No.1, pp. 20-40, 1985.