- Volume 13 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Influence of Ego State and Interpersonal Skill among Nursing Students
간호대학생의 자아상태가 대인관계 기술에 미치는 영향
- Sim, Hee-Sook (Dept. of Nursing Science, PaiChai University) ;
- Ahn, Sung-Yun (Dept. of Nursing Science, PaiChai University)
- Received : 2015.10.19
- Accepted : 2015.12.20
- Published : 2015.12.28
The objective of this study was to examine the effects of ego state on the interpersonal skills of nursing students. The targets of this study were the nursing students in D city. The questionnaires were administered to one hundred forty-four nursing students between March 15 and March 30 in 2015. For ego state, the study used Egogram checklist, developed by Bernes and standardized by Korea Transactional Analysis Association, and for interpersonal skills, it used Relationship Change Scale, developed by Schlein and Guerney and revised to suit the conditions in Korea. The collected data were analyzed using t-test, Pearson's correlation, and hierarchical regression. The study results showed that the variables that had significant explanatory power (33.8%) for interpersonal skills were the nurturing parent ego, adapted child ego, and free child ego. The study suggests convergent implications on a transactional analysis programs for nursing students to improve interpersonal skills as the findings showed that the ego state of nursing students affected the interpersonal skills.
Ego state;Egogram;Transactional analysis;Interpersonal skills;Convergent implications
- DOI: http://kabone.or.kr/kabon10/index.php. 2015.11.30
- K. S. Han, S. H. Yang, J. N. Son, J. W. Park, & K. M. Kim, The Interpersonal Relationship and Communication. Seoul: KMS, 2014.
- DOI:http://kabon.or.kr/kabon02/150112_a.pdf. 2015.11.29
- J. Y. Lee, The effect of ego states and life positions on empathy in nursing students. The Korean Journal of Stress Research, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 113-122, 2012.
- H. J. Ahn, Y. N. Lee, M. J. Kim. H. M. Kim, M. S. Song, K. Y. Jo, S. J. You, Y. H. Kwon, M. J. Kim, J. Y. Kim, H. J. Kim, & Y. J. Son, Human Relation and Communication. Seoul: Soomoonsa, 2015.
- H. S. Yoon, G. H. Kim, & J. Y. Kim, Effectiveness of an interpersonal relationship program on interpersonal relationships, self-esteem, and depression in nursing students. J Korean Acad Nurs, Vol. 41, No. 6, pp. 805-813, 2011. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.6.805
- L. Magnussen, & M. J. Amundson, Undergraduate nursing student experience. Nursing and Health Sciences, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 261-267, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1442-2018.2003.00158.x
- K. H. Chung, & C. S. Lee, A study on nurses' human relationships and ego states displayed by ego gram. Chonnam Journal of Nursing Sciences, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 107-125, 1999.
- K. J. Ji, & J. Y. Yoo, A study of emotional intelligence, interpersonal relationship and psychological happiness university student division of health. The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No 10, pp. 653-660, 2013.
- E. Bernes, Transactional Analysis in Psychotherapy. New York: Grove Press, 1961.
- A. Schlein, & B. G. Guerney, Relationship Enhancement. Sanfrancisco, CA:Josey-Bass, 1971.
- S. M. Moon, A study on the effect of human relations training of university students. Journal of Gyeongsang National University, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 195-203, 1980.
- J. S. Won, Study on the ego states and coping style of nursing students. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 608-619, 2002.
- S. Lee, A transactional analysis group program to improve nursing college student's ego states. J Korean Acad Psych Mental Health Nurs, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 279-286, 2003.
- K. J. Lee, & S. Lee, The study of nurse's ego states on the basis of transactional analysis. Kor Res Inst Better Living, Vol. 50, No. 1, pp. 195-205, 1992.
- S. Lee, A study on the relations of ego-state and interpersonal attitude in transactional analysis. J Korean Acad Psych Mental Health Nurs, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 265-276, 2000.
- E. J. Lim, & Y. J. Yi, Comparison of operating room nurses and general ward nurses on communicative competence and interpersonal relationship ability within the medical team. J Korean Acad Nurs Adm, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 313-321, 2014. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.3.313
- Sun-im Bae, The effects of ego state and life position by transactional analysis theory on college adjustment and personal relationship of freshmen. Master's thesis, p.1-97, Changwon University. 2011.
- M. Jung, Influence of ego states, self esteem, and empathies on interpersonal relationship of nursing students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 7, pp. 4614-4620, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4614
- Y. M. Hwang, The relationship between ego-state and career decision status, career barriers of college students. The Journal of Korea Transactional Analysis Research, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 19-38, 2011.
- Y. R. Hur, & A. R. Cho, The relationship between ego-state and communication skills in medical students. Korean Journal of Medical Education, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 59-62, 2014. https://doi.org/10.3946/kjme.2014.26.1.59
- M. K. Jeon, & M. S. Kim, A study on relationships among parent-adolescent communication, self differentiation, self esteem, life stress in nursing department students. The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 293-302, 2013.
- Y. H. Lee, H. K. Kim, & N. S. Kim, Mediating effects of self-esteem and social support on the relationship between physical, psychological symptoms and campus life satisfaction of students. The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11. No. 10, pp. 483-492, 2013.