- Volume 13 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on Efficient Vehicle Tracking System using Dynamic Programming Method
동적계획법을 이용한 효율적인 차량 추적 시스템에 관한 연구
- Kwon, Hee-Chul (Dept. of Industrial Engineering, Gachon University)
- 권희철 (가천대학교 산업경영공학과)
- Received : 2015.10.20
- Accepted : 2015.12.20
- Published : 2015.12.28
In the past, there have been many theory and algorithms for vehicle tracking. But the time complexity of many feature point matching methods for vehicle tracking are exponential. Also, object segmentation and detection algorithms presented for vehicle tracking are exhaustive and time consuming. Therefore, we present the fast and efficient two stages method that can efficiently track the many moving vehicles on the road. The first detects the vehicle plate regions and extracts the feature points of vehicle plates. The second associates the feature points between frames using dynamic programming.
Vehicle Tracking;Feature Point;Matching Algorithm;Dynamic Programming;Plate Detection
Supported by : 가천대학교
- S. Rhee, et al., Vehicle Tracking Using Image Processing Techniques, in Rough Sets and Current Trends in Computing. Vol. 3066, S. Tsumoto, et al., Eds., ed: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 671-678, 2004.
- L. Jin-Cyuan, et al., Image-based vehicle tracking and classification on the highway, in Green Circuits and Systems (ICGCS), International Conference on 2010, pp. 666-670, 2010.
- H. Chung-Lin and L. Wen-Chieh, A vision-based vehicle identification system, in Pattern Recognition, 2004. ICPR 2004. Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on 2004, Vol.4, pp. 364-367. 2004.
- B. Coifman, D. Beymer, P. McLauchlan, and J. Malik, A real-time computer vision system for vehicle tracking and traffic surveillance, Transp. Res. Part C, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 271-288, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0968-090X(98)00019-9
- Jung-Soo Han, Intelligent Recommendation Processor Simulation using Association Relationship, The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 12, pp. 431-438, Dec. 2013.
- Z. Iftikhar, P. Premaratne & P. Vial, "Computer vision based traffic monitoring system for multi-track freeways," Intelligent Computing Methodologies(Lecture Notes in Computer Science), vol. 8589, pp. 339-349, 2014.
- Margrit Betke,, Esin Haritaoglu, Larry S. Davis, Real-time multiple vehicle detection and tracking from a moving vehicle, Machine Vision and Applications, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 69-83, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1007/s001380050126
- Yen-Lin Chen Bing-Fei Wu Chung-Jui Fan, Real-time vision-based multiple vehicle detection and tracking for nighttime traffic surveillance, IEEE, Vol. 58, No. 5, pp. 3352-3358, 2011.
- Jalpa Patel, Zalak Dobariya, A Survey on Traffic Monitoring System for Detection And Tracking Vehicles at Night Time, International Journal of Innovative Research in Technology, Vol. 1, No. 10, pp. 82-86, 2014.
- Saeed Samadi and Farhad Mohammad Kazemi, A Multi-Agent Vision-Based System for Vehicle Detection, World Applied Sciences Journal, Vol. 15, No. 12, pp. 1722-1732, 2011.
- Jung Sang Yoo, Hee Chul Kwon, Intelligent Inference Architecture in Parking Control System, Journal of the Korea Management Engineering Society, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 231-237, 2008.
- Jung Sang Yoo, Hee Chul Kwon, Fuzzy Inference System Architecture for Customer Satisfaction Service, Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 219-226, Jan. 2010. https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2010.15.1.219
- Jung Sang Yoo, Hee Chul Kwon, A hybrid Inference System for Efficiently Controlling Reversible Lane, Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol. 17, No. 11, pp. 19-26, Nov. 2012.
- D. Koller, K. Daniilidis, H. Nagel, Model-based Object Tracking in Monocular Image Sequences of Road Traffic Scenes. International Journal of Computer Vision, Vol. 10, pp. 257-281, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01539538
- I. Sethi and R. Jain, Finding Trajectories of Feature Points in a Monocular Image Sequence, IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 9, No.1, pp. 56-73, Jan. 1987.