- Volume 13 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Agile Product Backlog Reuse : Backlog Factoring Approach
애자일 제품 백로그 재사용 : 백로그 팩토링 접근
- Kim, Ji-Hong (Dept. of Computer Engineering, College of IT, Gachon University)
- 김지홍 (가천대학교 IT대학 컴퓨터공학과)
- Received : 2015.10.10
- Accepted : 2015.12.20
- Published : 2015.12.28
The aim of the study is to introduce a software reuse technique into a generalized agile process for a reuse of a product backlog item. The software engineering community has made some efforts to integrate software reuse and agile methods. Most studies have emphasized the use of agile practices in software product line engineering, whereas reuse in agile methods has received little focus. Nevertheless, the activities and artifacts that provided by an agile method exhibit characteristics that promote reuse. In this paper, we identify catalytic activities and characteristics that promote reuse in a generalized agile process, and we suggest a reuse technique for a product backlog item. Based on our results, we integrate a backlog factoring technique into a generalized agile process for reuse. In addition, we apply the proposed technique and demonstrate a prototype of backlog item reuse in agile methods for a restaurant chain application.
Product Backlog;Software Reuse;Agile Reuse;Agile Method;Software Engineering
- Martini, A., Pareto, L., Bosch, J., Enablers and Inhibitors for Speed with Reuse, Proceedings of the 16th International SPLC, pp. 116-124, 2012.
- Farid, W.M., Mitropoulos, F.J., NORPLAN: Non-functional Requirements Planning for Agile Processes, In 2013 Proceedings of IEEE Southeastcon, pp. 1, 2013.
- Yuri Chernak, Requirements Reuse: The State of the Practice, 2012 IEEE International Conference on Software Science, Technology and Engineering, 2012.
- Martini, A., Pareto, L., Bosch, Communication factors for speed and reuse in large scale agile software development, Proceedings of the 17th International SPLC, pp. 42-51, 2013.
- R. Carbon, M. Lindvall, D. Muthig, P. Costa, Integrating product line engineering and agile methods: flexible design up-front vs. incremental design, 2006.
- Tian K., Cooper K., Agile and software product line methods: Are they so different? APLE '06, 2006.
- Dina Salah, A Systematic Literature Review for Agile Development Processes and User Centred Design Integration, EASE, 2014.
- K. S. Rubin, Essential Scrum: A Practical Guide to the Most Popular Agile Process, Addison-Wesley, pp. 99-103, 2012.
- Dean Leffingwell and Dave Muirhead, Tactical Management of Agile Development: Achieving Competitive Advantage, Rally Software Development Corporation, 2004.
- Dean Leffingwell, Scaling Software Agility, Addison Wesley, pp. 116, 2007.
- Ji-Hong Kim, Backlog Factoring : Extension of Task Factoring for Reuse in Scrum Method, The Journal of Digital Policy and Management v.10, n.10, pp. 339-345, 2012.
- McCarey et al., RASCAL: A Recommender Agent for Agile Reuse, Artificial Intelligence Review, Volume 24(3-4), pp. 253-276, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10462-005-9012-8
- McCarey, F., Cinneide, M., Kushmerick, N., An Eclipse Plugin to Support Agile Reuse, LNCS Volume 3556, pp. 1298-1301, 2005.
- Oliver Hummel, Colin Atkinson, Supporting Agile Reuse Through Extreme Harvesting, LNCS Volume 4536, pp. 28-37, 2007.
- Noor M., Rabiser R, Grunbacher P., Agile product line planning: A collaborative approach and a case study. Journal of Systems and Software, 81(6), pp. 870, 2008.
- C. L. Pacheco et. al., A proposed model for reuse of software requirements in requirements catalog, Journal of Software: Evolution and Process, 2015.