- Volume 13 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Development of a Facebook Fan Pages Analysis System to Improve Public Relations Effect
홍보 효과 증진을 위한 페이스북 팬페이지 분석 시스템 개발
- Choi, Minseok (Dept. of Management Information Systems, Sahmyook University)
- 최민석 (삼육대학교 경영정보학과)
- Received : 2015.10.22
- Accepted : 2015.12.20
- Published : 2015.12.28
Appearance and rapid growth of the social network services (SNS) have led to changes in the distribution structure of information. Consumers can obtain various information quickly via the social network services and companies make use of a new advertising channel in them. In order to increase the effect of publicity activities through the social network services, development and application of public relations strategy by evaluating and analyzing the results of the activities is required. In this paper, a method for developing a low cost system to evaluate and analyze the results of public relations through the social networks is proposed. The proposed method was verified through building and running a demo system to collect and analyze data in the Facebook fan pages using MySQL database and PHP script on a Linux server.
Facebook;Fan pages;Social Network Service;SNS;advertisement;marketing;public relations
- Chung Ye-Rim, Lee Sung-Chun, Lee Eunsun, "The Effect of Message's Interactivity, Type and Consumer's Brand Usage on Consumer Response in Facebook Brand Fanpage", The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 191-219, 2013.
- Byong-Kook Yoo, Soon-Hong Kim, "Marketing Strategies using Social Network Analysis: Twitter's Search Network", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 13 No. 5, pp. 396-407, 2013.
- Cvijikj, Irena Pletikosa, Erica Dubach Spiegler, Florian Michahelles, "The effect of post type, category and posting day on user interaction level on Facebook", IEEE Third International Conference on Privacy, Srcurity, Risk and Trust (PASSAT) and IEEE Third International Conference on Social Computing (SocialCom), pp. 810-813, Oct. 9-11, 2011.
- Jung-Yul Jo, "Power of SNS Authenticity on Company Reputation", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 73-81, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.73
- Minseok Choi, "An Efficient Method for Design and Implementation of Tweet Analysis System", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 43-50, 2015.
- The Graph API, https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api
- Bootstrap, http://getbootstrap.com
- Shin So-yeon, Lee Sang-woo, "The Influence of Social Capital: Focusing on Twitter & Facebook Users' Political Participation", Journal of Cybercommunication Academic Society, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 191-232, 2012.
- Yong-Rok Choi, "Paradigm Characteristics of Social Marketing and Its Promotion Strategies", The e-Business Studies, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 344-362, 2011.
- Asdemir, Kursad, Nanda Kumar, Varghese S. Jacob, "Pricing Models for Online Advertising: CPM vs. CPC", Information Systems Research, Vol. 23, Issue 3-part-1, pp. 804-822, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.1110.0391
- Soo-Bum Lee, Nam-ie Kim, "A Study on the Message and Creative Strategies of Facebook Fan Pages", Journal of Consumer Policy Studies, Vol. 42, pp. 123-148, 2012.
- Facebook for business, https://www.facebook.com/business/products/pages/, October 2, 2015.
- Taylor, David G., Jeffrey E. Lewin, David Strutton, "Friends, Fans, and Followers: Do Ads Work on Social Networks?", Journal of Advertising Research, Vol. 51, No. 1, pp. 258-275, 2011. https://doi.org/10.2501/JAR-51-1-258-275
- Doo Jin-hee, Kim Junghyun, "The Influence of Facebook Ad Type on Advertising Effect-Persuasion Knowledge Model and Technology Acceptance Model", The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relations, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp.300-330, 2012.
- Lee Eunsun, Kim Mikyoung, "A Study on Companies' Fan Pages on Facebook as a Marketing Communication Channel", The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 31-55, 2012.
- Jae-Won Choi, Young-Jin Park, Kyung-Kyu Kim, "The determinants of Users' Intent for Continuous Use of Facebook Fan Pages", Korean Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 525-545, 2014.