- Volume 13 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Influence of Authentic Leadership in the Age of Convergence on the Organizational Effectiveness: Revolved around Effect of Tuned from Confidence of Superior
융복합 시대의 진정성 리더십이 조직유효성에 미치는 영향요인에 관한 연구: 상사신뢰 조절효과를 중심으로
- Kim, Jae-Boong (Dept. of Business Administration, Korea National University of Transportation)
- 김재붕 (한국교통대학교 경영학과)
- Received : 2015.10.04
- Accepted : 2015.12.20
- Published : 2015.12.28
Business organizations need to introduce trans-oriented response way and efficient management skill to survive in these days of severe struggle for existence. The new management models now ask organizations for building a new employee-employer relationship. As the economic recession continues and consumption shrinks around the world, many companies are in trouble. Companies will fall behind in the market unless they respond to this seamless and fast-changing business environment and market in a structured fashion. Therefore, the importance of leadership is growing bigger and bigger. This study reviewed prior literatures dealing with the servant leadership and surveyed workers in the service industry. Resultingly, it was found that servant leadership had positive effects on organizational commitment and organizational citizenship behavior, and that the superior's trust affected the effect of servant leadership on organizational commitment.
Authentic Leadership;Job Satisfaction;Organization Commitment;OCB;Superior Trust
Supported by : 한국교통대학교
- Kim, J.B., "A Study on the Influence of Servant Readership on Organizational Effectiveness: Revolved around Effect of Tuned from Confidence of Superior", The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 215-226, 2015.
- Kim, J.B., "The relationship between leadership traits, Team climate and creative behavior of organizational member's - the moderating effect of self-efficacy", Management Education Review, Vol. 70, pp. 495-522, 2011.
- Song, E.J., & M.H. Kim, "The Impact of Authentic Leadership on Organizational Effectiveness - The Control of Psychological Capital", Korean Academy Of Management Conference, 2011.
- Lee, J.H., "The Effects of Authentic Leadership on Organizational Commitment, Task Performance and Creative Behavior", Sungkyunkwan University, 2015.
- Harter, S., "Authenticity in C. R. Snyder & S. J. Lopez(Eds.)", Handbook of Positive Psychology, 382-394. London: Oxford University Press, 2002.
- Erickson, R.L., "The importance of authenticity for self and society", Symbolic Interaction, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 121-144, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1525/si.19220.127.116.11
- Rogers, C.R., "On becoming a person", A therapist's view of psychotherapy. Boston: Houghton Miffin, 1963.
- Maslow, A., "The farther reaches of human nature". New York: Viking, 1971.
- Northouse, P.G., "Leadership: Theory and Practice (5th ed.)", Thousand Oaks, CA:Sage, 2010.
- Chan, A., Hannah, S.T. & W.L. Gardner, "Veritable authentic leadership: emergence, functioning, and impact, authentic leadership theory and practice: origin, effects, and development in William L, Gardner, Bruce J. Avolio & Fred O. Walumbwa (Eds)", Monograph in leadership and management, Vol. 3, pp. 3-41, 2005.
- Eagly, A.H., "Achieving Relational Authenticity in Leadership", Does Gender, 2005
- Yun, J.Y., "The Effects of Authentic Leadership on Organizational Effectiveness: The Mediating Role of Organization-based Self-esteem and Resilience", Sungkyunkwan University, 2014.
- Walumbwa, F.O., Avolio, B.J., Gardner, W.L., Wernsing T.S., & S.J Peterson, "Authentic Leadership: Development and validation of a theory-based measure", Journal of Management, Vol. 34, No, 1, pp. 89-126, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1177/0149206307308913
- Sheldon, M.E., "Investments and Involvements as Mechanisms Producing Commitment to the Organization", Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 16, pp. 143-150, 1971. https://doi.org/10.2307/2391824
- Scholl, R.W., "Differentiating Organizational Commitment from Expectancy as a Motivating Force", Academy of Management Review, Vol. 16, pp. 4, pp. 589-599, 1981.
- Becker, H.S., "Notes On The Concept Of Commitment", American Journal of Sociology, Vol. 66, pp. 32-40, 1960. https://doi.org/10.1086/222820
- Levinson, S.J., "A conception of adult development", American Psychologist, Vol. 41, No. 1, pp. 3-13, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.41.1.3
- Ornstein, S., Cron, W.L., & J.W. Slocum, "Life stage versus career stage: A comparative test of the theories of Levinson and Super", Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol. 10, pp. 117-133, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.4030100203
- Smith, H., "Psychology of Industrial Behaviour", New York, Mcgraw Hill, 1955.
- Bentley, R.R. & A.M. Remple, "Manual for Purdue Teacher Opinionnaire", Bloomington, IN, Indiana University Press, 1970.
- Locke, E., "The nature and causes of job satisfaction", In M. D. Dunnette (Ed.).Handbook of industrial and organizational psychology, pp. 1297-1349, 1976.
- Kim, J.G., "A study on an effect of servant leadership on the employees' job satisfaction and their confidence on senior officials: based on the system of cooperative association", Yonsei University, 2009
- Somech, A., & A. Drach-Zahavy, "Understanding extra-role behavior in schools: the relationships between job satisfaction, sense of efficacy, and teachers' extra-role behavior", Teaching and Teacher Education, Vol. 16, pp. 649-659, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0742-051X(00)00012-3
- Organ, D.W., "Organizational citizenship behavior: The good soldier syndrome", Lexington MA: Lexington Books, 1988.
- Organ, D.W., "The motivational basis of organizational citizenship behavior", In B. M. Staw & L. L. Cummings(Eds.). Research in Organizational Behavior, Vol. 12, pp. 43-72, 1990.
- Graham, J.W., "An essay on organizational citizenship behavior", Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal, Vol. 4, pp. 249-270, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01385031
- Lee, S.K., "The Impact of Multi-Form Organizational Commitment on Organizational Citizenship Behavior - The Moderating Role of Self-Efficacy", Korea Service Industry Academy, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 1-15, 2008.
- Organ, D.W. & K. Ryan, "A Meta-Anaytic Review of Attitudinal and Dispositional Predictors of Organizational Citizenship Behavior", Personnel Psychology, Vol. 48, pp. 775- 802, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1995.tb01781.x
- Lewiciki, B.B, & D.M. Saunders, "Negotiation: Readings, Exercises, and Cases", McGraw-Hill Irwin, 1990.
- Mayer, R.C., Davis, J.H., & F.D. Schoorman, "An integrative model of organizational trust", Academy of Management Review, Vol. 20, pp. 709-734, 1995. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1995.9508080335
- Kim, Y.H., "The Effect of Authentic Leadership on Occupational Self-efficacy and Role-based Performance", The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 101-108, 2013.
- Jeon, J.H., & K.I. Han, "Impact of Supervisor's Leadership Styles on Organizational Citizenship Behavior", The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 75-84, 2015.
- Lee, S.K., Lee, U.H., & J.W, Cho, "A Study on the relationship between leadership styles and job attitude : Oranizational support as a Mediator", The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 17-25, 2007.
- Podsakoff, P.M, MacKenzie, S.B., Moorman, R.H. & R. Fetter, "Transformational leader behaviors and their effects on followers' trust in leader, satisfaction, and organizational citizenship behavior", Leadership Quarterly, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 107-142, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/1048-9843(90)90009-7
- Nam, C.H.,,"The Effects of Managers' Authentic Leadership on Organizational Effectiveness in Food Service Industry", Kyongki University, 2012
- Cook J., & T. Wall, "New work attitude measures of trust, organizational commitment and personal need non-fulfillment", Journal of Occupational Psychology, Vol. 53, pp. 39-52, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8325.1980.tb00005.x
- Choi, D.J., "A Study on the Influence of Servant Leadership on Organizational Citizenship Behavior and Organizational Commitment: Focused on the Moderating Effect of Superior-Organizational Fit", Soongsil University, 2008
- Kim, J.B., "The Relationships of The ESOP, Psychological Ownership and Organizational Commitment", Journal of Industrial Economics and Business, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 913-934, 2008.
- Buchanan II,B., "Building Organizational Commitment: The Socialization of Managers in Work Organizations", Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 19, pp. 353-546, 1974.
- Van D.L., Graham, J.W., & R.M. Dienesch, "Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Construct Redefinition, Measurement, and Validation", Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 765-802, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/256600
- Chin, W.W. & A. Gopal, "Adoption Intention in GSS: Relative Importance of Beliefs", DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems, Vol. 26, pp. 42-64, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1145/217278.217285
- Fornell, C., & D.F. Larcker, "Evaluating Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 39-50, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- Nunnally, "Psychometric theory", New York: MacGraw-Hill, 1978.
- Effects of the CEO's Authentic Leadership of Fashion Company on Job Satisfaction and Organizational Performance vol.66, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2016.66.8.138