- Volume 13 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Relationship among Social Support, Self Expression, Tourism Experience and Tourism SNS Use Intention -Moderating Effect of Tourism SNS Usage Purpose-
관광 SNS의 사회적 지원, 자기표현, 관광경험, 관광 SNS 이용의도간의 관계연구 -관광 SNS 이용목적의 조절효과-
- Park, Hyun-Jee (Dept. of Tourism Management Tongmyong University) ;
- Park, Bong-Gyu (Dept. of Hotel and Convention Management, Dong-eui University) ;
- Kim, Young-Ha (Dept. of U-Tourism and Convention Institute, Tongmyong University)
- Received : 2015.10.18
- Accepted : 2015.12.20
- Published : 2015.12.28
For this study, we intended to analyze the relationship among social support of tourism SNS, self expression, tourism experience and tourism SNS usage intention with focusing on a moderating effect of tourism SNS usage purpose. As the results, we found the statistically positive significant relationships 1) between social support and social experience, 2) between self expression and social experience, and 3) between social experience and usage intention of tourism SNS. And also we observed that the moderating effects of tourism SNS usage purpose on the relationship between social support and tourism experience and another relationship between self expression and tourism experience all partially positive.
Social Support;Self Expression;Tourism Experience;Tourism SNS Use Intention;Tourism SNS Usage Purpose
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- The Chosunilbo, "Number of foreign visitors to reach 19 million by 2019", October, 12, 2015.
- The Korea Times, "SKT launches prepaid rate for smartphone", 2015.10.12.
- W. K. W. Wong, "FACES on FACEBOOK: A study of self-presentation and social support on Facebook", Discovery-SS Student E-.Journal, Vol. 1, pp. 184-214, 2012.
- J. M. Kim, and L. P. Tussyadiah, "Social networking and social support in tourism experience: The moderating role of online self-presentation strategies", Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, Vol. 30, pp. 78-92, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1080/10548408.2013.751220
- H. J. Park and B. G. Park, "Development of the tourism service model according to the usage patterns of converged tourism social network service", Journal of Tourism & Leisure Research, Vol.26, No. 9, pp. 179-198, 2014.
- E. J. Ma, S. Y. Han, and S. J. Bae, "The effect of self-presentation on SNS to interpersonal relation and intention to use", Knowledge Management Research, Vol.14, No. 2, pp. 25-48, 2013.
- H. J. Park, J. H. Yoon, and Y. H. Kim, "A study on the effect of using motivation of tourism social media and self expression on tourism experience, satisfaction, reuse intention", Journal of Tourism & Leisure Research, Vol.27, No. 3, pp. 379-396, 2014.
- Hubpage, http://irclay.www.hubpage.com, 2013.
- S. Cobb, "Social support as a moderator of life stress," Psychosomatic Medicine, Vol.38, No. 5, pp. 300-314, 1976. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006842-197609000-00003
- R. Eisenberger, P. Fasolo, and V. Davis-LaMastro, "Perceived organizational support and employee diligence, commitment and innovation," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.75, pp. 51-59, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.75.1.51
- C. E. Cutrona and D. W. Russell, "Type of social support and specific stress : Toward a theory of optimal matching, in social support : An interactional view", New York, Wiley. pp. 124-141, 1990.
- Q. Gao, Y. Dai, Z. Fan, and R. Kang, "Understanding factors affecting perceived sociability of social software", Computers in Human Behavior, Vol. 26, No. 6, pp. 1846-1861, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2010.07.022
- Y. J. Lee and J. H. Lee, "The influence of social supports on intention to use of brands' SNS page", Journal of Information Technology Applications & Management, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 17-36, 2015.
- E. Goffman, "The presentation of self in everyday life". New York: Doubleday, pp. 56, 1959.
- M. R. Leary, "Self-presentation: Impression management and interpersonal behavior", Madison WI: Brown and Benchmark, pp. 246, 1996.
- J. A. Bargh, K. Y. A. McKenna, and G. M. Fitzsimons "Can you see the real me? Activation and expression of the "True Self" on the internet", Journal of Social Issues, Vol. 58, pp. 33-48, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1111/1540-4560.00247
- B. G. Choe and B. J. Hyeon, "Relationship satisfaction and self-disclosure in real-space friend relation and cyber-space friend relation", Family and Environment Research, Vol. 42, No. 2. pp. 1-17, 2004.
- L. C. Tidwell and J. B. Walther, "Computer-mediated communication effects on disclosure, impressions, and interpersonal evaluations: Getting to know one another bit at a time", Human Communication Research, Vol. 28, pp. 317-348, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2958.2002.tb00811.x
- S. C. Park, "A mediated experience of instant messenger", Journal of Cyber communication Academic Society, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 5-51, 2010.
- S. Zhao, S. Grasmuck, and J. Martin, "Identity construction on Facebook: Digital empowerment in anchored relationships". Computers in Human Behavior, Vol. 24, pp. 1816-1836, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2008.02.012
- M. Naaman, J. Boase, and C. H. Lai, "Is it really about me? Message content in social awareness streams", Proceedings of the 2010 ACM conference on Computer supported cooperative work, pp. 189-192, 2010.
- N. Ellison, C. Steinfield, and C. Lampe, "The benefits of facebook friend: Social capital and college students' use of online social network sites", Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 12, 2007.
- E. Cohen, "Towards a sociology of international tourism", Social Research, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 164-182, 1972.
- B. Wearing and S. Wearing, "Refocusing the tourist experience: The Flaneur and the Choraster", Leisure Studies, Vol. 15, pp. 229-243, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1080/026143696375530
- J. L. Choi, "A study on the types of tourism experience of tourists using the experience sampling method: Case on the tourists of the Jeju Island " Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 71-90, 2013.
- D. MacCannel, "The tourist : A theory of the leisure class". New York : Schocken Books, 1976.
- J. L. Choi and C. W. Kim, "Exploring the structural relationship among tourist' flows, self-efficacy and tourism experience: Using the experience sampling method(ESM)", Journal of Tourism Sciences, Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 11-34, 2013.
- K. S. Lee and H. R. Lee. "An exploratory study of the augmented reality application's role of tour experience to the cultural heritage", DAEHAN Association of Business Administration, 4, pp. 1061-1079. 2012.
- Y. W. Lim, S. K. Hong, D. J. Lim, J. Y. Kim. S. J. Lee, and H. K. Lim, "A Study on Relocation of Travel Information Contents based on SNS Experience Sharing", Journal of Computing Science and Engineering, pp. 414-416, 2014.
- I. R. Clayton, "The future of social media for hotel marketing travel and tourism", http://irclay.hubpages.com/hub, 2013. 12. 30.
- S. Verba, K. L. Schlozman, and H. E. Brady, "Voice and equality: Civic volunteerism in American politics". Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1995.
- M. X. Delli Carpini and S. Keeter. "What Americans know about politics and why it matters", New Haven: Yale University Press, pp. 397, 1996.
- A. L. Mendelson, and Z. Papacharissi, "Look at us: Collective narcissism in college student Facebook photo galleries", The Networked Self: Identity, Community and Culture on Social Network Sites, Zizi Papacharissi(Ed.), pp. 1-37, 2010.
- Y. Ku, T. Chu, and C. Tseng, "Gratifications for using CMC technologies: A comparison among SNS, IM, and e-mail", Computers in Human Behavior, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 226-234, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2012.08.009
- V. Balakrishnan and A. Shamim, "Malaysian Facebookers: Motives and addictive behaviors unraveled", Computers in Human Behavior, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 1342-1349, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2013.01.010
- J. K. Kim and S. H. Lee. "Analyses on the relationship between SNS use and media use time using structural equation modeling", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 395-406, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.07.395
- A. Bhattacherjee, "Individual trust in online firms: Scale development and initial test", Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 211-241, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/07421222.2002.11045715
- M. J. Scott, S. R. Swanson and S. W. Kelley , "The role of relationship quality in the stratification of vendors as perceived by customers," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 26, Spring, pp. 128-142, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070398262004
- R. N. Bolton and J. H. Drew, "A longitudinal analysis of the impact of service changes on customer attitudes," Journal of Marketing, Vol. 55, No. 1, pp. 1-10, 1991.
- M. J. Dorsch, S. J. Grove, and W. R. Darden, "Consumer intentions to use a service category", Journal of Service Marketing, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 92-117, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040010309220
- F. F. Reichheld and P. Schefter, "E-loyalty: Your secret weapon on the Web," Harvard Business Review, Vol. 78, No. 4, pp. 105-113, 2000.
- J. Y. Kim & K. H. Chu, "The Role of Perceived Value on the Continuance Intention in Mobile Social Network Service", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 10, pp. 211-222, 2014.
- L. Nan, "Social capital: A theory of social structure and action". Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp. 10-13, 2001.
- S. Y. Park and S. H. Cho, "Formation of Social relationship through SNS and adolescents' life satisfaction", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 371-379, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.371
- S. M. Ko, B. H. Hwang, and Y. G. Ji, "A study on social network service and online social capital : Focusing on a Korean and Chinese case", The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 15, No.1, pp. 103-118, 2010.
- D. Williams, "On and off the' net: Scales for social capital in an online era," Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, Vol. 11, No. 2. pp. 593-628, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1083-6101.2006.00029.x
- S. H. Kim and Y. M. Song, "A study on the motivating factors influencing intention to share individual users' knowledge in social networking service", The e-Business Studies, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 327-346, 2010. https://doi.org/10.15719/geba.11.3.201009.327
- P. M. Wallace, "The psychology of the internet", Cambridge, U. K.: Cambridge University Press, pp. 264, 1999.
- K. H. Kim and H Yun, "Cying for me, cying for us: Relational dialectics in a Korean social network site", Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, Vol. 13, No. 1, 2007.
- T. Jung, H. Youn, and S. McClung, "Motivations and self-presentation strategies on Korean-based "Cyworld" weblog format personal homepages", Cyberpsychol Behav. Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 24-31. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1089/cpb.2006.9996
- Y. L. Son and E. H. Park, "The effects of self-disclosure, interpersonal relation dispositions on internet community activity: Focused on Cyworld mini-homepage", Media, Gender & Culture, No. 15, pp. 155-194, 2010.
- Y. J. Kim, "Narcissistic Self-Presentation on Facebook", Journal of Digital Contents Society, Vol. 16, No. 4, 2015.
- C. D. Sherbourne and A. L. Stewart, "The MOS social support survey", Sot. Sci. Med., Vol. 32, No. 6, pp. 705-714, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0277-9536(91)90150-B
- E. G. Park and J. H. Kim, "Effects of leisure experience and identity salience on leisure and life satisfaction: Focused on serious leisure", Korean Journal of Psychology, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 141-161, 2002.
- J. K. Lee and E. H. Kim, "The study on the tourism satisfaction and revisit of tour experience toward foreign tourist - Focused on Bukchon Guesthouse" International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 179-99, 2014.
- D. S. Yeom and K. H. Park, "A comparative study on user interface experience, product attitudes and intention to repurchase for each smartphone manufacturer", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 9, pp. 359-367, 2014.
- H. J. Han and K. M. Lee, "Consumer information sharing in social media", Journal of Consumer Studies, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 21-44, 2014.
- S. Sprecher and S. S. Hendrick, "Self-disclosure in intimate relationships: Associations with individual and relationship characteristics over time", Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 857-877, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1521/jscp.23.6.857.54803
- W. G. Kim and M. J. Choi, "The effect of SNS users' use motivations on using SNS and recognizing characteristics of SNS messages: Focused on the comparison among 'Facebook', 'Twitter', 'Cyworld', and 'Me2day'", Korean Journal of Communication & Information, Vol. 60, pp. 150-171, 2012.
- J. D. Neal. "The effects of different aspects of tourism services on travelers' quality of life: model validation, refinement and extension" Dissertation of the Virginia Polytechnic Institut and State University, pp. 34-63, 2000.