- Volume 13 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of the Professional's Cognition Regarding the Plant Factory Feasibility
식물공장 사업타당성에 관한 전문가 인식 연구
- Lee, Ji-Eun (School of Business Administration, Hanyang Cyber University) ;
- Cha, WoonCheol (Dept. of Choognam Provincey, Kora Rural Community Corporation)
- Received : 2015.10.27
- Accepted : 2015.12.20
- Published : 2015.12.28
Plant factory was started in Europe in the 1960. Thanks to the development of seeds science, nutrient study, environment control technology and automated systems, it has developed into the form of full artificial light system. In recent years, productivity of plant factory has increased with the convergence of ICT. An interest in plant factory has increased with several outstanding achievements. However, the plant factory industry is still stuck at an introductory stage and government investment has been reduced. In order to verify the feasibility of the plant factory, we conducted a survey targeting experts in politics, R&D and business field. We analyze the feasibility of investment in plant factory and strategies to enhance the competitiveness of plant factory.
Plant Factory;Feasibility;Convergence of Agriculture & IT;Convergence Service
- J.H. Kim, S.D. Jang, Industrialization condition and possibility of plant factory, Korean Journal of Agricultural Management and Policy, Vol.36, No.4, pp.918-948, 2009.
- I.W. Nam, M.D. Choi, B.J. Kim, The magazine of the society of air-conditioning and refrigerating engineers of Korea, Journal of Equipment, Vol.4, No.3, pp.60-67, 2012.
- J.I. Sohn, Factory plant development in South Korea's agriculture, Korean Journal of Horticultural Science & Technology, Vol.2, No.1, pp.10-11, 1997.
- DACO Editorial, Development trends and future outlook of the Plant Factory, DACO D&S, 2011.
- Y.J. Kim, Prospects and policy challenges for the plant factory, Korea Rural Economic Institute, 2013.
- J.H. Kim, Implications of the Japanese plant factory, World Agriculture, Vol.118, 2010.
- H. Murase, The latest development of laser application research in plant factory, Agriculture and Agricultural Science Proceedia, Vol.3, pp.4-8, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aaspro.2015.01.003
- S.B. Kim, K.M. Lee, H.R. Kim, Y.H. Yu, Effects of light sources, light quality on the growth response of leafy vegetables in closed-type plant factory system, Korean Journal of Ecology and Environment, Vol.47, No.1, pp.32-40, 2014. https://doi.org/10.11614/KSL.2014.47.1.032
- J. Lee, S.H. Kim, S.B. Lee, H J. Choi, J.J. Jung, A study on the necessity and construction plan of the internet of things platform for smart agriculture, Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol.17, No.11, pp.1313-1324, 2014. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2014.17.11.1313
- Y.J. Kim, B.S. Kim, An analysis on consumers' preference of agricultural products cultivated from plants factory system, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol.13, No.11, pp.5052-5059, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.11.5052
- S.T. Im, S.R. Yang, Is plant factory a sustainable alternative?, Korea Agricultural Management and Policy, Vol.38, No.4, pp.917-942, 2011.
- Y.J. Kim, H.S. Han, B.S. Kim, An study on priority determining for development strategies of plant factory using analytic hierarchy process and likert scale, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol.14, No.11, pp.5570-5575, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.11.5570
- S. Weon, H, Yang, A study on the critical success factors and policy direction of ICT-based convergency company, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, No.4, pp.39-50, 2015.
- R.T. Moriarty, T.J. Kosnik, High-tech marketing: Concepts, continuity and change, Sloan Management Review, Vol.30, No.4, pp.7-17, 1989.
- J.H. Kim, Trend and direction for plant factory system, Journal of Plant Biotechnology, Vol.37, No.4, pp.442-455, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5010/JPB.2010.37.4.442