- Volume 13 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Trends and Activation Plans for Next-generation Wireless Broadband Industry
차세대 무선 브로드밴드 산업 동향과 활성화 방안
- Shim, Beom-Soo (Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co., Ltd., Central Research Institute) ;
- Yoo, Dong-Hee (Dept. of Management Information Systems, Gyeongsang National University)
- Received : 2015.08.12
- Accepted : 2015.12.20
- Published : 2015.12.28
Ongoing advances in wireless broadband technologies can affect all of industrial society. As new wireless broadband technologies emerge, they will improve competition between established industries and their current services and produce new industries and new converged services. This paper analyzes the trend of next-generation wireless broadband and suggests ways of activating the industry further. To this end, we analyze the trend for previous wireless broadband industries and find out three influential factors (content, wireless network technology, and service) that will produce the continued growth of wireless broadband. Using these three factors, we propose a network technology-driven growth model. Based on that model, we offer activation plans for next-generation wireless broadband industries. This study thus provides an insightful perspective for next-generation wireless broadband industries by establishing additional useful guidelines for developing wireless broadband industries in the future.
Wireless broadband industry;Network technology-driven growth model;Converged service;Industrial trend;Activation plan
- S. J. Jeon, & J. W. Joo, "Boradband and Knowledge-based Ubiqutous Society", KISDI Premium Report, 12-05, pp. 1-18, 2012.
- M. Fornefeld, G. Delaunay, & D. Elixmann, The impact of broadband on growth and productivity. A study on behalf of the European Commission (DG Information Society and media), MICUS, pp. 1-24, 2008.
- D. J. Kim, & C. K. Oh, "Future Technology, Service Trends, and Suggestions for Mobile Service Market", Journal of Radio Spectrum & Communications, Vol. 29, pp. 4-29, 2010.
- J. M. Mha, "A Strategy of Mobile Contents Industry Promoting in the Convergence of Broadcasting & Communication", Journal of Social Science, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 25-50, 2010.
- Y. I. Chae, & J. G. Lee, "The Exploratory Study on the Comparative Analysis of the Historical Development Process on Mobile Industry and Characteristics by the Period of Korea Mobile Industry - Focus on Wireless Network Technologies", The Review of Business History, Vol. 74, pp. 73-97, 2015.
- H. Y. Yoon, "LTE vs. WiMAX: Trends for Next generation Telecommunication", Journal of Radio Spectrum & Communications, Vol. 27, pp. 76-87, 2010.
- J. S. Hwang, E. J. Jung, S. S. Hong, S. H. Yoo, B. M. Lee, & S. K. Choi, "Changes in Content Paradigm and Policy Issues based on Broadband", 21C Korea Megatrend Series V-07-02, KISDI, pp. 1-164, 2007.
- S. M. Sim, "Media Environment: From Fixed Broadband to Wireless Broadband", Newspaper & Broadcasting, No. 9, pp. 18-21, 2006.
- S. J. Oh, "Government Policy for Developing 5G Telecommunication Industries", TTA Journal, Vol. 152, pp. 14-19, 2014.
- Telecommunications Technology Association, ICT Standardization Strategy Map 2012, pp. 13-42, 2012.
- K. J. Lee, & W. S. Jeong, "An Analysis of the Economic Effects for the Immersive Media Industry", Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, Vol. 36, No. 7, pp. 795-805, 2011. https://doi.org/10.7840/KICS.2011.36B.7.795
- B. T. Koo, Y. J. Park, P. S. Heo, & M. H. Rim, "The Trend and Case of the Next Generation Converged Contents Industry", Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 109-127, 2011.
- F. Mattern, & C. Floerkemeier, "From the Internet of Computers to the Internet of Things", Informatik-Spektrum, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 107-121, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00287-010-0417-7
- Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, Future Telecommunication Industry Strategy for Creative Nation, pp. 1-10, 2014.
- National Information Society Agency, "Creating Connected Value for Hyper-connected Society", IT & Future Strategy, Vol. 10, pp. 1-39, 2013.
- D. K. Kim, "Trends and Strategies for 5G Telecommunication Technology", The journal of Korea Institute of Electronics Engineers, Vol. 40, No. 4, pp. 16-25, 2013.
- M. Nakatsugawa, "R&D Efforts on Wireless Access Systems Toward Realization of Future Networks", NTT Technical Review, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 1-6, 2013.
- J. Y. Ahn, & P. J. Song, "Perspective for 3GPP-based 5G Telecommunication Technology", Information & Communications Magazine, Vol. 30, No. 12, pp. 37-50, 2013.
- S. J. Lee, & S. S. Han, "An exploratory study on the core spectrum for mobile telecommunication", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp. 37-47, 2014.
- Y. J. Kim, S. J. Ahn, S. Y. Jeong, & J. H. Lee, "Small Cell Development Trends for Next Generation Telecommunication", TTA Journal, Vol. 153, pp. 62-66, 2014.
- IEEE 802.16 Documents (2010), Future 802.16 Networks: Challenges and Possibilities, IEEE C802.16-10/0016r1, 2010.
- Netmanias, http://www.netmanias.com/ko/
- K. J. Wee, "5G Vision and Development Trends", TTA Journal, Vol. 152, pp. 26-31, 2014.
- C. K. Oh, & Y. J. Kim, Strategy for Obtaining Global Standard in Creative Economy - Focused on Telecommunication Case, KISTEP (Issue Paper 2013-11), pp. 20-27, 2013.