- Volume 13 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Influence of Start-up Factors and Self-efficacy on Economic Performance of Microenterprise
마이크로크레딧 이용자의 창업요인 및 자기효능감이 사업체의 경제적 성과에 미치는 영향
- Yim, Eun-Eui (Dept. of Social Welfare of Far East University)
- 임은의 (극동대학교 사회복지학과)
- Received : 2015.10.20
- Accepted : 2015.12.20
- Published : 2015.12.28
This study is to investigate the influence of start-up factors and self-efficacy on the economic performances of the microenterprise. While the existing studies focused on start-up factors, this study has the meaning that it includes self-efficacy, the psychosocial factors, divides the economic performances by the profit and the number of employees. For this study, 322 copies of answered questionnaires were taken as the data to analyze. As the results of analysis business type, experience of start-up, period of operation, start-up fund and self-efficacy had the significant meaning out of the profit and it was checked out that business type, fund and self-efficacy influenced on the employees. This study discussed the policy and practical suggestion to raise the performances of microcredit based on these results.
- Copestake, J., "Inequality and the polarizing impact of microcredit:evidence from Zambia's copperbelt, J, Int. Dev., pp743-755. 2002.
- de Mel, Suresh, David McKenzie, and Christopher Woodruff, "Returns to Capital in Microenterprises : Evidence from a Field Experiment, Quarterly Journal of Economics", Vol. 123(4): 1329-1372, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1162/qjec.2008.123.4.1329
- Kabeer, N. "Is microfinance a 'magic bullet' for women's empowerment" Analysis of findings from Sough Asia, Econ, Polit, Wkly, pp4709-4718, 2005.
- Wydick, "The effect of microenterprise lending on child schooling in Guatemala", Econ. Dev. Cult, Change 47,pp853-869. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1086/452435
- Clark, P., and A. Kays, "Microenterprise and the Poor: Findings from the Self-Employment Learning Project Five-year Study of Microentrepreneur", Washington, DC: the Aspen Institute, 1999.
- Clark, P., and Huston, T. "Assisting the smallest business: Assessing microenterprise development as a strategy for boosting poor communities", an interim report, Aspen Institute, 1993.
- Young-Soon, Chung, "A Path Analysis of the Impact of a Micro-Enterprise Support Program on the Participants Increased Income and Independence from Public Assistance, Social Security", Vol.24, No.4, pp89-115. 2008.
- Eun-Eui, Yim, Eun-Ju, Park, "Policy Changes on the Microcredit in Korea, The Korea Contents Society", Vol.13, No.1, pp.234-246, 2013.
- Gonzales-Vega, "The New Development Finance", Economics and Sociology Occasional Paper, No.2398, The Ohio State University, 1997.
- Edgcomb, E. and Klein, J. "Opening Opportunities", Building Ownership, Fulfilling the Promise of Microenterprise in the United States, The Aspen Institute. 2005.
- Sanders, "The Impact of Microenterprise Assistance Programs: A Comparative Study of Program Participants, non-participants and other low-wage worker", The Social Service, Vol. 76, pp321-340, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1086/339664
- Soo-Young, Kim, Byung-Heon, Park, "A Study on the Social Values of the Micro-Credit: Focusing on the case study using SROI model. Social Welfare Policy", Vol. 38, No. 1, pp 277-304. 2011. https://doi.org/10.15855/swp.2011.38.1.277
- Young-Soon, Chung, Yon-Kyung, Song, "Suvival Probability and Multivariate Survival Analysis of Micro-enterprises after Start-ups, Social Security", Vol. 24, No.1, pp307-332, 2008.
- Eun-Eui, Yim, Hyun-jung, Park, Eun-ju, Park, "The Study on Survival of Microcredit Start-up: Focused on the Poor Single Mother, Women's Studies Forum", Vol. 87 No.2, 2015.
- Man-Hee, Ryu, "The study of the outcome for the labor welfare program: Micro-enterprise Program, Social Science", Vol.24 No.1, pp41-62. 2008.
- Kyoung-Huy, Kim, Jung-Im, Hwang, Yun-Kyu, Ryu, "A Study on the Factors Affecting the Effects of Self-Employment of Women in Poverty: Focusing on Economical or non-economical Effects, Women's Studies Forum", Vol. 1, No. 74. pp105-138, 2008.
- Wakoko, F. "Microfinance and women's empowerment in Uganda: A Socioeconomic approach", Dissertation, The Ohio State University, Columbus, 2003.
- Jung-Hyun, Sung, Ji-Hae, Kim, "A Study on the effectiveness of Micro-Credit Loans for the Low-income Female Heads : The Case of "urgent support cash sos project" of Korean Women Fund, The Korea Social Welfare Research", Vol. 21, pp173-2002, 2009.
- Taylor, M. P., "Survival of the fittest? An analysis of self-employment duration in Britain. The Economic Journal", 109, C140-C155, 1999 https://doi.org/10.1111/1468-0297.00422
- Fairlie, R. W. and Robb, A. M., "Gender Difference in Business Performance: Evidence from the Characteristics of Business Owners Survey", Small Business Economy, 33(4), pp375-395, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11187-009-9207-5
- Bruderl, J., Preisendorfer, P., & Ziegler, R.. "Survival chances of newly founded business organizations. American Sociological Review", 57, 227-242.1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/2096207
- Mi-Hyun, Park, So-Hee, Kim, "Study on Influential Factors for Survival Probablity of Self-Employment Start-ups of Old Age Women, Social Science", Vol. 39, No.3, pp99-122, 2013. https://doi.org/10.15820/khjss.2013.39.3.006
- Ju-Mee, Sung, Ju-Yub, Ahn, "Determinant Factors on Economical Outcome and Subjective Evaluation in Small Business, Labor Policy", Vol. 2, No.3, 2002.
- Vesper K. H., "New Ventures Strategies", Englewood Cliff NJ:Prentice Hall, 1990.
- Sung-Han, Chung, Hae-Ryong, Kim, "An Exploratory Study on Success Factors in Small Business Startups, Venture management", Vol. 4, No.20, pp9-20, 2001.
- Bandura, A. "Regulation of cognitive processes through perceived self-efficacy, Developmental Psychology". No.25, 1989.
- Bandura A. "Social foundations of thought and action: A Social cognitive theory", Englewood Cliff, N.J: Prentice-Hall, 1986.
- Raheim, S. and Alter, C., "Self-employment as a social and economic developent intervention for recipients of AFDC", Journal of Community Practice, 5(1-2_, pp41-61, 1995.
- Loscocco, Karyn A., and Joyce Robinson. "Barriers to women's small-business success in the United States. Gender & Society" 5:511-32. 1991. https://doi.org/10.1177/089124391005004005
- Mi-Ja, Lee & Jung-Gyu, Kim, "T도 Effects of Entrepreneurial Intention and Entrepreneurship on Entrepreneurial Success, Journal of Digital Convergence", Vol.11, No.9, pp56-65, 2013.
- Yeon-Jeong, Kim & Byung-Soo, Noh, "A Study of Entrepreneurship Education Effect on the Self-Leadership and Entrepreneurship, Journal of Digital Convergence", Vol. 10, No.6, pp23-31. 2012.
- In-Oh, Jeon, "Established business start-up support Impact on The youth of busines performance, Journal of Digital Convergence", Vol. 10, No11, pp103-114. 2012.
- Weber, P. and Schaper, M., "Understanding the grey entrepreneur. Journal of Enterprising Culture", 12, 147-164. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0218495804000087
- Markman, G. D., D. B. Balkin and R. A. Barom, "Inventors and New Venture Formation: The Effects of General Self-efficacy and Regretful Thinking", Enrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 27(2), 2002.