- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of medium for Pleurotus eryngii cultivation using Kojongsi persimmon peels
감과피를 이용한 큰느타리버섯 배지 개발
- Kim, Chul Hwan ;
- Kim, Hye Soo ;
- Kim, Hong Chul ;
- Kwon, Hyun Sook ;
- Cheong, Jong-Chun ;
- Kong, Won-Sik ;
- Cho, Soo Jeong
- Received : 2015.11.12
- Accepted : 2015.12.22
- Published : 2015.12.31
This study was carried out to investigated the avaiability of dried Koojongsi persimmon peels (KPP) as a useful mushroom medium using Pleurotus eryngii ASI 2312. Mushroom cultivation medium used in this study was mixed with medium mixture, corn cob and sawdust (220:65:15, v/v). Dried KPP was replaced mushroom cultivation medium (control) with 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50% dried KPP. The T-N content of dried KPP treatments decreased to increase replaced ratio of the dried KPP and C/N ratio was increased to increase replaced ratio of the dried KPP. But T-C content of dried KPP treatments was similar to untreated control. The average cultivating periods of mycelium on dried KPP treatments was delayed to increase replaced ratio of the dried KPP and cultivating periods was delayed over 30% dried KPP treatments. The length of stipe of dried KPP treatments was longer than that of the untreated control to increase replaced ratio of the dried KPP and thickness of stipes was tend to be thinner than that of the untreated control to increase replaced ratio of the dried KPP. The moisture, carbohydrate, crude protein and crude ash content of mycelial were similar to untreated control, but crude fatty acid was increased to increase replaced ratio of the dried KPP. The
- A.O.A.C. 1995. Official Methods of Analysis, 16th, Association of official analytical chemists. Washington, D.C.
- Gal SW, Lee SW. 2002. Development of optimal culture media for the stable production of mushroom. J Korean Soc Agri Chem Biotechnol. 45:71-76.
- Gorinstein S, Zachwieja Z, Folta M, Barton H, Piotrowicz J, Zemser M, Weisz M, Trakhtenberg S, Martin-Belloso O. 2001. Comparative contents of dietary fiber, total phenolics, andminerals in persimmons and apples. J Agric Food Chem. 49:952-957. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf000947k
- Hong JS. 1979. Studies on the compositional changes of media during oyster mushroom cultivation. Korean J Appl Microbiol Bioeng. 7:37-46.
- Kawase M, Motohashi N, Satoh K, Sakagami H, Nakashima H, Tani S, Shirataki Y, Kurihara T, Soengler G, Wolfard K, Molnar J. 2003. Biological activity of persimmon (Diospyros kaki) peel extracts. Phytother Res. 17:495-500. https://doi.org/10.1002/ptr.1183
- Kim HS, Kim SC, Cheong JC, Cho SJ. 2014, Effect of the supplementation of persimmon peels on mycelial growth of Pleurotus eryngii. Journal of Mushrooms 12:371-374. https://doi.org/10.14480/JM.2014.12.4.371
- Kim HK, Cheong JC, Chang HY, Kim GP, Moon BJ. 1997. The artificial cultivation of Pleurotus eryngii (II). Kor J Mycol. 25:311-319.
- Kim HK, Kim YG, Lee BJ, Lee BC, Yang ES, Kim HG. 2009. Studies on the development of mushroom medium of Pleurotus ostreatus using ginkgo nutshell. Journal of Mushrooms 7:163-167.
- Kim YH. 2012. Anticancer, Antioxidative and Antiinflammatory activity of Extraction from Persimmon (Diospyros kaki Thunb cv. Gojongsi) Fresh Pulp, Fresh and Dried Peel. Master of Science. The Pusan National University of Korea, pp 27-28.
- Kim YJ. 2005. Effect of Dietary Dried Persimmon By-product on physico-Chemical Properties of Chicken Meat. Korean J Food Sci Resour. 25:436-441.
- Lee CJ, Han HS, Jhune CS, Cheong JC, Oh JA, Kong WS, Park GC, Park CG, Shin YS. 2011. Development of new substrate using redginseng marc for bottle culture of oyster mushroom (Pleurotus ostreatus). J Mushrooms Sci Prod 9:139-144.
- Lee HD, Kim YG, Kim HK, Han GH, Moon CS, Hur IB. 1998. Bottle Cultivation of Pleurotus ostreatus and Agrocybe aegerita using agricultural by-product. Kor J Mycol. 26:47-50.
- Lee SS, Kim SK, Lee TS, Lee MW. 1997. Cultivation of oyster mushrooms using the garlic peel sa an agricultural byproduct. Kor J Mycol. 25:268-275.
- Lee YH, Cho YJ, Kim HK. 2002. Effect on mycelial growth and fruit body development according to additives and mixing ration in pot cultivation of Pleurotus ostreatus. The Korean Society of Mycology 30:104-108. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2002.30.2.104
- Rajarathnam R, Bano Z. 1987. Pleurotus mushrooms. Part 1A. Morphology, Lifecycle, Tanxonomy. Breeding and cultivation. CRC Critical in Food Science and Nutrition 26:157-222. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398709527465
- Royse DJ, Sanchez JE. 2007. Ground wheat straw as a substitude for portions of oak wood chips used in shitake (Lentinula edodes) substrate formulae. Bioresource Technology 98:2137-2141. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2006.08.023
- Ryu JS, Kim MK, Kwon JH, Cho SH, Kim NK, Rho CW, Lee CH, Ro HS, Lee HS. 2007. The growth characteristics of Pleurotus eryngii. Kor J Mycol. 35:47-53. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2007.35.1.047
- Won SY, Lee YH, Jeon DH, Ju CH, Lee YB. 2010. Development of new mushroom substrate using kapok seedcake for bottle culture of oyster mushroom (Pleurotus ostreatus). The Korean Society of Mycology 38:130-135. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2010.38.2.130
- Zadrazil F. 1974. The ecology on industrial production of Pleurotus ostreatus, Plerotus florida, Pleurotus cornucopiae and Pleurotus eyngii. Mushroom Sci. 9:621-652.
- Zadrazil F. 1978. Cultivation of Pleurotus in "The biology and culivation of edible mushroom", Eds. S. T. and W. A. Hayes Academic Press N.Y., pp. 521-530.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청