- Volume 46 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Production planning in fish farm
어류양식장 생산계획에 관한 연구
- EH, Youn-Yang (Department of Management, College of Business, Pukyong National University)
- 어은양 (부경대학교 경영대학 경영학부)
- Received : 2015.11.27
- Accepted : 2015.12.17
- Published : 2015.12.31
Because land based aquaculture is restricted by high investment per rearing volume and control cost, good management planning is important in Land-based aquaculture system case. In this paper master production planning was made to decide the number of rearing, production schedule and efficient allocation of water resources considering biological and economic condition. The purpose of this article is to build the mathematical decision making model that finds the value of decision variable to maximize profit under the constraints. Stocking and harvesting decisions that are made by master production planning are affected by the price system, feed cost, labour cost, power cost and investment cost. To solve the proposed mathematical model, heuristic search algorithm is proposed. The model Input variables are (1) the fish price (2) the fish growth rate (3) critical standing corp (4) labour cost (5) power cost (6) feed coefficient (7) fixed cost. The model outputs are (1) number of rearing fish (2) sales price (3) efficient allocation of water pool.
Aquaculture management;Master production planning;Search method;Land based aquaculture system
Supported by : 부경대학교
- Bjorndal, T., Lane, D. E. and Weintraub, A. (2004), "Operational research models and the management of fisheries and aquaculture:a review," European Journal of Operational Research, 156, 533-540. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(03)00107-3
- Cacho, O. J. (1997), "System Modelling and Bioeconomic Modelling in Aquaculture,"Aquaculture Economic and Management, 1, 45-64. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657309709380202
- Eh, Y. Y. (2014), "Mathematical Model of Aquaculture Facility utilization," The Journal of Fisheries and Marine Sciences Education, 26 (2), 444-454. https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2014.26.2.444
- Forsberg, O. I. (1996), "Optimal stocking and harvesting of size.structured farmed fish:a multi-period linear programming approach," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, 42, 299-305. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-4754(95)00132-8
- Gates, J. M. and Muller, J. J. (1975), "Optimizing the growth and marketing of fish in a controlled environment," Marine Technology Society Journal, 9, 13-16.
- Halachmi, I. (2007), "Biomass management in recirculating aquaculture systems using queuing network," Aquaculture, 262, 514-520. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaculture.2006.10.015
- Kankainen M., Setara, J., Berrill, I. K., Ruohonen, K. C. Noble and Schneider, O. (2012), "How to measure the economic impacts of change in growth, feed efficiency and survival in aquaculture," Aquaculture Economic and Management, 16, 341-364. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657305.2012.729247
- National Fisheries Research and Development institute (2006) Standard manual of Olive Flounder Culture.
- Pascoe, S., Wattage, P. and Naik, D. (2002), "Optimal Harvesting Strategies:Practice versus Theory," Aquaculture Economic and Management, 6, 195-208.
- Schnute, J. T. and Richards, L. J. (1990), "A Unified Approach to the Analysis of Fish Growth, Maturity and Survivorship Data," Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 47, 24-40. https://doi.org/10.1139/f90-003
- Analysis of Operational Plan and Economical Validity in Aquacultural for Contingency Red Tide vol.47, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12939/FBA.2016.47.3.035