- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
An international Comparison Measurement of Silicon Wafer Sheet Resistance using the Four-point Probe Method
- Kang, Jeon-Hong ;
- Ying, Gao ;
- Cheng, Yuh-Chuan ;
- Kim, Chang-Soo ;
- Lee, Sang-Hwa ;
- Yu, Kwang-Min
- Received : 2014.06.12
- Accepted : 2014.09.04
- Published : 2015.01.01
With approval from the Asia Pacific Metrology Program Working Group on Materials Metrology (APMP WGMM), an international comparison for sheet resistance standards for silicon wafers was firstly conducted among Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science (KRISS) in Korea, CMS/ITRI in Taiwan, and NIM in China, which are national metrology institutes (NMIs), from August 2011 to January 2012. The sheet resistance values of the standards are
Four-point probe method;Single & dual configuration;Collinear four point probe;Sheet resistance;Silicon wafer;Uncertainty
- Arther Uhlir, JR, “The Potentials of Infinite Systems of Sources and Numerical Solutions of Problems in Semiconductor Engineering”, Bell System Technical Journal, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp. 105-128, 1955. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1538-7305.1955.tb03765.x
- L.B. Valdes, “Resistivity Measurements on Germanium for Transistors”, Proceedings of the Institute of Radio Engineers New York, Vol. 42, pp. 420-427, Feb. 1954.
- F. M. SMITS, “Measurement of Sheet Resistivities with the Four-Point Probe”, Proceedings of the Institute of Radio Engineers, pp 711-718, May 1958.
- ASTM F84, “Standard Test Method for Measuring Resistivity of Silicon Wafers with an In-Line Four-Point Probe”.
- Lydon J. Swartzendruber, “Correction Factor Tables for Four-Point Probe Resistivity Measurements on Thin, Circular Semiconductor Samples”, NBS technical note 199, April 1964.
- E J Zimney, G H B Dommett, R S Ruoff and D A Dikin, “Correction factors for 4-probe electrical measurements with finite size electrodes and material anisotropy: a finite element study” Meas. Sci. Technol. 18 (2007), pp. 2067-2073, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1088/0957-0233/18/7/037
- ASTM F1529-97, “Standard Test Method for Sheet Resistance Uniformity Evaluation by In-Line Four-Point Probe with the Dual-Configuration Procedure”, 1997.
- J. R. Ehrstein and M. C. Crparlom, The Certification of 100 mm Diameter Silicon Resistivity SRMs 2541 through 2547 Using Dual-Configuration Four-Point Probe Measurements,” NIST Special Publication 260-131, 1999.
- Masato YAMASHITA, “Resistivity Measurement by Dual-Configuration Four-Probe Method”. The Japan Society of Applied Physics, Vol. 42, No. 2A, pp 695-699, February 2003. https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.42.695
- ISO/IEC Guide 98-3, 2008(E) “Part 3: Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement(GUM)”, 1995.
- EA-4/02, “Expression the uncertainty of measurement in calibration”, 1999.