- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Novel Space Vector modulation Scheme and Direct Torque Control for Four-switch BLDCM Using Flux Observer
- Pan, Lei ;
- Wang, Beibei ;
- Su, Gang ;
- Cheng, Baohua ;
- Peng, Guili
- Received : 2013.03.07
- Accepted : 2014.09.24
- Published : 2015.01.01
The main purpose of this paper is to describe a DTC (direct torque control) method for four-switch brushless dc motor (BLDCM) drive. In the method, a novel voltage space vector modulation scheme, an optimal switching table, and a flux observation method are proposed. Eight voltage vectors are summarized, which are selected to control BLDCM in SVPWM pattern, and an optimal switching table is proposed to improve the torque distortion caused by midpoint current of the split capacitors. Unlike conventional flux observers, this observer does not require speed adaptation and is not susceptible to speed estimation errors, especially, at low speed. Global asymptotic stability of the flux observer is guaranteed by the Lyapunov stability analysis. DC-offset effects are mitigated by introducing a PI component in the observer gains. This method alleviates the undesired current and torque distortion which is caused by uncontrollable phase. The correctness and feasibility of the method are proved by simulation and experimental results.
Four-switch inverter;Voltage space vector;Flux observer;BLDCM;Optimal switching table
- Q. Fu, and H. Lin, “Sliding Mode Driving Strategy for Four-switch Three-phase Brushless DC Motor,” SICE-ICASE, 2006. International Joint Conference, 2006, pp. 696-701.
- G. J. Su, W. McKeever, “Low-cost sensorless control of brushless DC motors with improved speed range,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 296-302, Mar. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2003.823174
- Wang Maoli, Cheng Guanghe, Kong Xiangxin, “A Single Neuron Self-Adaptive PID Controller of Brushless DC Motor,” 2011 Third International Conference on Measuring Technology and Mechatronics Automation, 2011, vol. 1, pp. 262- 266.
- Abolfazl Halvaei Niasar, Abolfazl Vahedi, Hassan Moghbelli, “A Novel Position Sensorless Control of a Four-Switch, Brushless DC Motor Drive Without Phase Shifter”, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 23, no. 6, pp.3079-3087, NOV. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.2002084
- C.-T. Lin, C.-W. Hung, and C.-W. Liu, “Position sensorless control for four-switch three-phase brushless DC motor drives,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 438-444, Jan. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2007.911782
- C. Xia, Z. Li, and T. Shi, “A control strategy for four-switch three phase brushless dc motor using single current sensor,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 2058-2066, Jun. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2014307
- Z. Q. Zhu, K. Utaikaifa, K. Hoang, Y. Liu, and D. Howe, “Direct torque control of three-phase PM brushless AC motor with one phase open circuit fault,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Elect. Mach. Drives, May 3-6, 2009, pp. 1408-1415.
- M.B. de Rossiter Corrêa, C.B. Jacobina, E.R.C. da Silva, and A. M. N. Lim, “A general PWM strategy for four-switch three-phase inverters,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 1618-1627, Nov. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2006.882964
- Q. Fu, H. Lin, H. T. Zhang, “Single-current-sensor Sliding Mode Driving Strategy For Four-switch Three-phase Brushless DC Motor,” Industrial Technology, 2006. ICIT 2006. IEEE International Conferences, Dec. 2006, pp. 2396-2401.
- C. Tsung Lin, C. Wen Hung, C. Wen Liu, “Sensorless Control for Four-Switch Three-Phase Brushless DC Motor Drives”, Proceeding of the 2006 IEEE Industry Applications Conference Forty-First IAS Annual Meeting (IAS'06), 2006, vol. 4, pp. 2049-2053.
- A. Halvaei Niasar, H. Moghbeli, A. Vahedi, “Sensorless Control for Four-Switch, Three-Phase Brushless DC Motor Drive”, Proceeding of the 15’th Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering, 2007, vol. 1, pp. 2048- 2053.
- D.-K. Kim, K.-W. Lee, B.-I. Kwon, “Commutation torque ripple reduction in a position sensorless brushless DC motor drive,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 1762-1768, Nov. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2006.882918
- B.-K. Lee, T.-H. Kim, and M. Ehsani, “On the feasibility of four-switch three-phase BLDC motor drives for low cost commercial applications: Topology and control,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 164-172, Jan. 2003.
- Joon Ho Lee, Tae Sung Kim, and Dong Seok Hyun, “A study for improved of speed response characteristic in four-switch three-phase BLDC motor,” in Proc. IEEE Ind. Electron. Soc. Conf., 2004, vol. 2, pp. 1339-1343.
- A. H. Niasar, H. Moghbeli, A. Vahedi, “Adaptive neuron-fuzzy control with fuzzy supervisory learning algorithm for speed regulation of 4-switch inverter brushless DC machines,” in Proc. IEEE Power Electron. Motion Control Conf., 2006, pp. 1-5.
- A.H. Niassar, A. Vahedi, and H. Moghbelli, “Analysis and control of commutation torque ripple in four-switch three-phase brushless DC motor drive,” in Proc. IEEE Ind. Technol. Conf., 2006, pp. 239-246.
- Salih Baris Ozturk, William C. Alexander, Hamid A. Toliyat, “Direct Torque Control of Four-Switch Brushless DC Motor with Non-sinusoidal Back-EMF”, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol.25, no. 2, pp. 263-271, Feb. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2028888
- J. Kim, J. Hong, and K. Nam, “A current distortion compensation scheme for four-switch converters,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 1032-1040, Apr. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.2011552
- P.P. Acarnley and J.F. Watson, “Review of position-sensorless operation of brushless permanent-magnetmachines,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 352-362, Apr. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.870868
- K.-W. Lee, D.-K. Kim, B.-T. Kim, et al, “A novel starting method of the surface permanent-magnet BLDC motors without position sensor for reciprocating compressor,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 44, no.1, pp. 85-92, Feb. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2007.912734
- Four-Switch Three-Phase PMSM Converter with Output Voltage Balance and DC-Link Voltage Offset Suppression vol.8, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/info8010011
- A Current Control Scheme of Brushless DC Motors Driven by Four-Switch Three-Phase Inverters vol.5, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1109/JESTPE.2016.2637383