- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Relationship among Questions Level, Questions Process, and Hesitation Factor of Questions of University Students
대학생의 질문수준, 질문과정 및 질문저해요인
- Received : 2015.09.24
- Accepted : 2015.10.21
- Published : 2015.12.28
The purpose of this study was to identify the relations among questions level, questions process, and hesitation factor of questions. Data were collected from 174 students at a university in D city using structured questionnaire from September 9 to April 10 2015. It was analyzed with frequency analysis, descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, and correlation analysis. As a result, the learners' questions are made from cognitive confusion, these questions led the students to ask a question actually. Also, this study confirmed that the learners' internal hesitation factors had negative correlation when the students asked a question in real situation. In order to improve the asking question we'll need to be generating a lot of questions to the student's inside and outside. We also need to develop appropriate teaching methods so that this can be perceived connection of cognitive confusion-having questions-asking questions.
본 연구의 목적은 대학생의 학습자 생성 질문수준, 질문과정 및 질문저해요인 간 관계를 파악하기 위함이다. 연구 대상자는 2015년 9월 9일부터 10일까지 D시에 소재하는 일개대학의 대학생을 편의추출 하였으며, 174명을 대상으로 하였다. 자료는 SPSS WIN 21.0 프로그램을 이용하여 빈도, 백분율, 평균 및 표준편차, t-test, ANOVA, Correlation analysis를 분석하였다. 대상자는 개인의 다양한 수준들을 통하여 질문을 생성하게 되면서도 인지적 혼란을 통한 질문생성은 실제질문과 관련함을 알 수 있다. 또한 질문저해요인의 내적요인은 실제질문과 음의 상관관계를 보인다. 즉 대학생의 질문이 잘 표출되기 위해서는 학습자의 질문을 주저하는 외적요인 뿐만 아니라 내적요인을 감소하기 위하여 고민이 필요할 것이다. 또한, 인지적 혼란-질문생성-실제질문의 연계성을 인식하여 교수 개인 차원의 효율적인 교과목 운영이 이루어져야 할 것으로 생각된다.
- The learning pyramid, National Training Laboratory Institute, 2014.
- H. S. Kim, The class in alive question. Korea Cooperative Learning Center, Seoul: Kyeonggido, 2015.
- S. Kim, The structural relationship among learners'question process, hesitation factor of questions and high-order thinking during college lectures. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul, 2014.
- M. Yang, "Generating questions on purpose: its educational significance and limitations," The Journal of Yeolin Education, Vol.20, No.15, pp.1-20, 2007.
- B. S. Bloom, Taxonomy of educational objectives, Handbook I: Cognitive domain, New York: David McKay Company, Inc., 1956.
- S. H. Lee, Teaching Method, Seoul: Haggisa, 2004.
- M. Yang, A critical review of research on questioning in terms of its significance and problems in education, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul University, Seoul, 1992.
- J. H. Ryu, H. J. Joe, and S. J. Yoon, "Exploratoryanalysis of learner generating questions.Education Research," Vol.30, pp.109-129, 2007.
- C. I. Hwang, An analysis study on students' questioning behaviors and hinderance factors in university class, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul, 2011.
- J. T. Dillon, "The remedial status of student questioning," Journal of Curriculum Studies, Vol.20, pp.197-210, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1080/0022027880200301
- S. A. Karabenick and R. Sharma, "Perceived teacher support of student questioning in the college classroom: its relation to student characteristics and role in the classroom questioning process," Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol.86, No.1, pp.90-103, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06126.96.36.199
- A. E. Woolfolk, Educational psychology, Boston: Ally & Bacon, 1993.
- Standards for nursing education Accreditation, Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Education, Seoul, 2014.
- C. I. Hwang and H. Y. Lim, "An analysis study on students' questioning Behaviors process and hinderance factors in university class," Asian Journal of Education, Vol.12, No.3, pp.55-74, 2011.
- C. Woo, J. Y. Yoo, and J. Park, "The relationships among hesitation factor of questions, critical thinking disposition, and problem solving : The university student's perspective," The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol.21, No.3, pp.320-329, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.3.320
- The National Institute of The Korean Language, 2015.
- Y. Ahn and S. Hwang, "Lesson with students generated questions: Based on a department of health science," The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol.21, No.2, pp.266-275, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.2.266
- C. A. Toledo, "Does your dog bite? creating good questions for online discussions," International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Vol.18, No.2, pp.150-154, 2006.
- S. J. Park, "A study on questioning method to promote critical thinking ability in the elementary social studies," Social Studies Education, Vol.45, No.1, pp.121-152, 2006.