- Volume 40 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Study of Vascular Dynamics for the Effect of a Compress Pack on Pain Relief using Magnetic Resonance Angiography
자기공명영상을 이용한 찜질 자극에 의한 통증 완화 효과에 대한 혈류 영상학적 고찰
- Received : 2015.09.25
- Accepted : 2015.12.07
- Published : 2015.12.31
This study was to investigate the effects of the hot compress pack on alleviating local muscular discomfort, stiffness in limbs as well as the chronic pains such as migraine in terms of hemodynamics. In this study, the hot compress band was put on the neck and the local physiological change on the stimulation site and the cranial blood circulation change were examined. We recruited healthy volunteers (n=8, mean age: 32.13 (4.61)), who participated in the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) study. Local skin color and temperature were measured for the local effect of the hot compress band and the changes of intra-cranial and extra-cranial blood vessels were examined with MR angiography (MRA) images. The skin temperature increased from
- Hong YR. Effects of Heat Therapy Using a Far Infrared Rays Heating Element for Dysmenorrhea in High School Girls. J Korean Acad Nurs. 2011;41(1):141-148. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.1.141
- Kottke FJ, Stillwell GK, Lehmann JF. Krusen's handbook of physical medicine and rehabilitation. 3rd ed. Philadelphia; W.B. Saunders Co. 1982:359-365.
- Kim SB, Kim YJ, Kim C, Park MS. The Effect of Heat Therapy on Cutaneous Blood Flow and Skin Temperature at Pre-auricular Region. Korean Journal of Oral Medicine. 2005;30(4):401-410.
- Kang HS. Comparative Study on the Effectiveness of Symptom Control between Heat and Cold therapy in Patient wit Arthritis. The journal of rheumatology health. 1995;2(2):147-159.
- Shin W. Impacts of Various Treatment Methods of Pantalgia in Old Age on Muscle Activity Korea Journal of Spots Science. 2014;23(5):1287-1295.
- Lee YH. The effects of ICT and appling acupressure to meridian points with respect to headache reduction and the cerebral blood flow of tension-type headache patients. Graduate Thesis (2009), Yong-In University.
- Hong CZ, Simons DG, Pathophysiologic and electrophysiologic mechanisms of myofascial trigger points. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 1998;79(7):863-872. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(98)90371-9
- Holloway GA, Watkins DW. Laser doppler measurement of cutaneous blood flow. J Invest Derma. 1991;69:306-309.
- Moody DM, Thore CR, Anstrom JA, Challa VR, Langefeld CD, Brown WR. Quantification of Afferent Vessels Shows Reduced Brain Vascular Density in Subjects with Leukoaraiosis 1. Radiology. 2004;233(3):883-890. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2333020981
- HAYES KW. Heat and cold in the management of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism. 1993;6(3):156-166. https://doi.org/10.1002/art.1790060308
- Weinberger A, Fadilah R, Lev A, Pinkhas J. Intra-articular temperature measurements after superficial heating. Scandinavian journal of rehabilitation medicine. 1988;21(1): 55-57.
- Hamel E. Perivascular nerves and the regulation of cerebrovascular tone. Journal of Applied Physiology. 2006;100(3):1059-1064. https://doi.org/10.1152/japplphysiol.00954.2005
- Kang CK, Oh ST, Chung RK, Lee H, Park, CA, Kim YB, Cho ZH. Effect of stellate ganglion block on the cerebrovascular system: magnetic resonance angiography study. Anesthesiology. 2010; 113(4):936-944. https://doi.org/10.1097/ALN.0b013e3181ec63f5
- Ernst E. Sauna-a hobby or for health?. Journal of Royal Society of Medicine. 1989;82(11):639. https://doi.org/10.1177/014107688908201103
- Lehmann JF, Warren C G, Scham SM. Therapeutic heat and cold. Clin Orthop Relat R. 1974;99: 207-245. https://doi.org/10.1097/00003086-197403000-00028
- Orenberg EK, Noodleman FR, Koperski JA, Pounds D, Farber EM. Comparison of heat delivery systems for hyperthermia treatment of psoriasisf. International journal of hyperthermia. 1986;2(3):231-241. https://doi.org/10.3109/02656738609016482
- Okada K, Yamaguchi T, Minowa K, Inoue N. The influence of hot pack therapy on the blood flow in masseter muscles. Journal of oral rehabilitation. 2005;32(7):480-486. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2842.2005.01448.x
- Shirakura T. Effect of hot spring bating on immunological parameters. Jpn J Biometer. 1985; 22(2):67-71.
- Kim WG. Kim SS, You H, Kil IH, Lee KN. A Study of Influences Caused by Far Infrared and Anion on Human Body. Journal of Society of Preventive Korean Medicine. Professional Graduate School of Oriental Medicine, Wonkwang University.
- Baek JW, Cho JH, and Kim SC. Changes in Cerebral Blood Flow Caused by Thermo-Stimulation as Visualized by MRA. Applied Magn Reson. 2015;46(7):771-780. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00723-015-0673-4
- Park JH, Yoo SJ. Effects of Thermal Stimulation Using Environmental Temperature on Hemodynamic and Thermoregulatory Responses. J. Korean Soc. Living Environ. Sys. 2015;22(2): 176-188. https://doi.org/10.21086/ksles.2015.04.22.2.176