- Volume 4 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Growth Response of Zoysiagrass (Zoysia japonica Steud.) as Affected by Nitrogen Fertilizer Application Rate
질소비료 시비량에 따른 들잔디의 생육반응
- Bae, Eun-Ji (Southern Forest Resources Research Center, National Institute of Forest Science) ;
- Han, Jeong-Ji (Southern Forest Resources Research Center, National Institute of Forest Science) ;
- Lee, Kwang-Soo (Southern Forest Resources Research Center, National Institute of Forest Science) ;
- Park, Yong-Bae (Southern Forest Resources Research Center, National Institute of Forest Science) ;
- Choi, Su-Min (Southern Forest Resources Research Center, National Institute of Forest Science)
- 배은지 (국립산림과학원 남부산림자원연구소) ;
- 한정지 (국립산림과학원 남부산림자원연구소) ;
- 이광수 (국립산림과학원 남부산림자원연구소) ;
- 박용배 (국립산림과학원 남부산림자원연구소) ;
- 최수민 (국립산림과학원 남부산림자원연구소)
- Received : 2015.10.15
- Accepted : 2015.11.25
- Published : 2015.12.30
This study was conducted to find out the optimum nitrogen fertilization for production of good quality and high yield zoysiagrass (Zoysia japonica Steud.), the changes in chemical properties of soil in pot and field experiments treated with different levels of nitrogen fertilizer. In pot experiment, the fresh and dry weights of shoots and stolons and the number of shoots increased as nitrogen levels increased, and showed no significant between 24 and
- Bae, E.J., Lee, K.S., Park, Y.B., Lee, S.M., Yang, G.M., et al. 2013. Growth and contents of inorganic nutrient during cultivation of zoysiagrass. Weed Turf. Sci. 2:82-87. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2013.2.1.082
- Beard, J.B. 1973. Turfgrass: Science and culture. Pretice-Hall, Inc., Englewood cliffs, N.J., USA. pp. 132-147.
- Carrow, R.N. 1980. Influence of soil compaction on three turfgrass species. Agron. J. 72:1038-1042. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1980.00021962007200060041x
- Choi, B.J., Shim, J.S., Ju, Y.H. and You, B.N. 1993a. Physicochemical characteristics of soil profile of four golf courses in Kyonggi province. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 7:55-60. (In Korean)
- Choi, B.J., Shim, J.S., Ju, Y.H. and Park, H. 1993b. Chemical characteristics of surface soil and mineral content of lawn in some golf course in Kyonggi province. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 7:129-135. (In Korean)
- Choi, J.S. and Yang, G.M. 2006. Sod production in South Korea. Weed Turf. Sci. 20:237-251. (In Korean)
- Christians, N.E. 1998. Fundamentals of turfgrass management. Ann Arbor Press, Inc. USA.
- Christians, N.E. 2011. Fundamentals of turfgrass management. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. USA. pp. 141-142.
- Emmons, R.D. 2007. Turfgrass science and management. p. 123. In: Emmons, R.D. (Ed.). Soil chemistry. Thomson. Canada.
- Engle, R.E. and Alderfer, R.B. 1967. The effect of cultivation, topdressing, lime nitrogen on thatch over a ten year period. New Jersey. Agric. Exp. Stn. Bull. USA. p. 818.
- Ham, S.K., Kim, H.J., Shim, G.Y. and Kim, S.T. 1996. Management of cultural practices by using lime and silicate fertilizer in golf course. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 38:39. (Abstr. In Korean)
- Han, J.J., Lee, K.S., Park, Y.B. and Bae, E.J. 2014. Effect of growth and nitrogen use efficiency by application of mixed silicate and nitrogen fertilizer on zoysiagrass cultivation. Weed Turf. Sci. 3:137-142. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2014.3.2.137
- Hannan, J.J. 1998. Greenhouses: Advanced technology for protected horticulture. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey. USA.
- Huber, D.M. and Thompson, I.A. 2007. Nitrogen and plant disease. pp. 31-44. In: Datonff et al. (Eds.). Mineral nutrition and plant disease. Am. Phytopathological Soc., St. Paul, MN, USA.
- Hwang, Y.S. and Choi, J.S. 1999. Effect of mowing interval, aeration, and fertility level on the turf quality and growth of zoysiagrass (Zoysia japonica Steud.). Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 13:79-90. (In Korean)
- Joo, Y.K., Lee, J.P. and Christians, N.E. 1997. Growth response of bentgrass to polymer coated urea. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 11:97-104. (In Korean)
- Kim, H.K. 1990. Physiological and ecological studies on prolongation on the green leaf color period in Korea lawn, Zoysia japonica Steud. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 4:5-11. (In Korean)
- Kim, Y.S., Lee, K.S. and Ham, S.G. 2003. The effect of liquid fertilizer contained amino acids on the growth of bentgrass (Agrostis palustris Huds) and the chemical characteristics of soil. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 17:147-154. (In Korean)
- Kim, Y.S., Kim, T.S., Ham, S.K. and course service team of Bear Creek, G.C. 2008. Investigation of nutrient contents at in creeping bentgrass, kentucky bluegrass and zoysiagrass in early winter. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 22:141-148. (In Korean)
- Lee, G.J., Kang, B.K., Kim, H.J., Park, S.K. and Min, K.B. 2001. Effect of nitrogen fertilizers on soil pH, EC, NO3-N and lettuce (Lactuca Sativa L.) growth. Kor. J. Soil Sci. Fert. 34:122-128. (In Korean)
- Lee, J.S. and Yoon, Y.B. 1991. The effect of nitrogen fertilization on the growth and thatch accumulation of colonial bentgrass growth under removing clipping residues. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 5:69-73. (In Korean)
- Lee, S., Yu, H.C., Yoon, B.S., Yang, G.M., Kim, J.Y., et al. 2013. Soil and morphological characteristics of native zoysiagrasses by the habitats. Weed Turf. Sci. 2:55-61. (In Korean) https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2013.2.1.055
- Lee, Y.B., Hwang, K.S. and Bae, G.Y. 1990. Effects of nitrogen source and matter on growth and quality of Zoysia japonica Steud. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 4:24-30. (In Korean)
- Mill, H.A. and Jones, J.B. 1996. Plant analysis handbook II. Atens, GA: Micro-Macro Publ., Inc.
- Morgan, J.T. and Mascagni. 1991. Environment and soil factors affecting micronutrient deficiencies and toxicities. pp. 371-425. In: Luxmoore, R.J. (Ed.). Micronutrient in agriculture. Soil Sci. Soc. of Amer., Inc. Madison, Wisconsin, USA.
- Nelson, P.V. 2003. Greenhouse operation and management. 6th ed. Prentice Hall, New Jersey, USA.
- Orcutt, D.M. and Nilsen, E.T. 2000. Physiology of plants under stress: Soil and biotic factors. John Wiley & Sons, New York. USA.
- RDA. 2003. Agricultural science technique research investigation and analysis standard. 4th ed. Suwon, Korea.
- Rim, Y.M., Kim, K.Y., Sung, B.R., Lim, Y.C., Chung, E.S., et al. 2003. Comparison on the growth characteristics of superior lines in the collected lines of zoysiagrass. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 17:75-80. (In Korean)
- Schery, R.W. 1961. The lawn book. MacMillan Co., New York. USA.
- Shurtleff, M.C. 1997. Biology and management of diseases in turfgrasses. In: Fermanian, T.W., Shurtleff, M.C., Randell, R., Wilkinson, H.T. and Nixon, P.L. (Eds.). Controlling turfgrass pests (2nd ed). Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, USA. pp. 183-240.
- Smiley, R.W., Dernoeden, P.H. and Clarke, B.B. 2005. Compendium of turfgrass diseases. 3rd ed. Am. Pathological Soc., St. Paul, MN. USA.
- Walworth, J.L., Letzsch, W.S. and Summer, M.E. 1986. Use of boundary lines in establishing diagnostic norm. Soil Sci. Sco. Amer. J. 50:122-128.
- Yoon, Y.B. and Lee, J.S. 1990. Effect of nitrogen fertilization on the growth and thatch accumulation in Korean lawngrass (Zoysia japonica Steud). Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 4:125-131.
- Shim, J.S. 1989. Effect of nitrogen fertilization and mowing interval on crude protein and vitro dry matter digestibility of over-dried clipping harvested from Korean lawngrass (Zoysia japonica Steud.). Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 3:77-82.