- Volume 28 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Physicochemical and Sensory Properties of Red Ginseng Extracts or Red Ginseng Hydrolyzates-added Asiago Cheese during Ripening
- Choi, Kyung-Hoon (Department of Food Science and Technology, Sejong University) ;
- Min, Ji-Young (Department of Food Science and Technology, Sejong University) ;
- Ganesan, Palanivel (Department of Food Technology, Universiti Putra Malaysia) ;
- Bae, In-Hyu (Department of Animal Science and Technology, Sunchon National University) ;
- Kwak, Hae-Soo (Department of Food Science and Technology, Sejong University)
- Received : 2014.01.22
- Accepted : 2014.04.08
- Published : 2015.01.01
This study was carried out to investigate physicochemical properties of different concentrations (0.1%, 0.3%, and 0.5%) of red ginseng hydrolyzates (RGH)- or red ginseng extract (RGE)-added Asiago cheeses (AC) during ripening at
Red Ginseng Hydrolyzates;Asiago Cheese;Physicochemical Property
Supported by : Korea Institute of Planning and Evaluation for Technology in Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
- AOAC International. 2000. Official Methods of Analysis. Vol. I. 19th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists International, Washington DC, USA.
- Akao, T., M. Kanaoka, and K. Kobashi. 1998. Appearance of compound K, a major metabolite of ginsenoside Rb1 by intestinal bacteria, in rat plasma after oral administration measurement of compound K by enzyme immunoassay. Biol. Pharm. Bull. 21:245-249. https://doi.org/10.1248/bpb.21.245
- Bae, E. A., M. J. Han, M. K. Choo, S. Y. Park, and D. H. Kim. 2002. Metabolism of 20(S)- and 20(R)-ginsenoside Rg3 by human intestinal bacteria and its relation to in vitro biological activities. Biol. Pharm. Bull. 25:58-63. https://doi.org/10.1248/bpb.25.58
- Chung, S. H., C. G. Choi, and S. H. Park. 2001. Comparisons between white ginseng radix and rootlet for antidiabetic activity and mechanism in KKAy mice. Arch. Pharm. Res. 24:214-218. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02978260
- Cochran, W. G. and G. M. Cox. 1957. Experimental Designs. John WILEY & Sons, New York, NY, USA.
- Gazzetta, Ufficiale. 2006. Regulation of cheese production DOP "Asiago". Gazzetta Ufficialedella Repubblica Italiana n. 190 of 17/08/2006.
- Hyun, J. S. and M. A. Kim. 2005. The effect of addition of level of red ginseng powder on Yackwa quality and during storage. Korean J. Food Cult. 20:352-359.
- Jung, H. J., P. Ganesan, S. J. Lee, and H. S. Kwak. 2013. Comparative study of flavor in cholesterol-removed Gouda cheese and Gouda cheese during ripening. J. Dairy Sci. 96:1972-1983. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2012-5644
- Kim, S. I., S. H. Ko, Y. J. Lee, H. Y. Choi, and Y. S. Han. 2008. Antioxidant activity of yogurt supplemented with red ginseng extract. Korean J. Food Cookery Sci. 24:358-366
- Kanawjia, S. K., P. Rajesh, L. Sabikhi, and S. Singh. 1995. Flavour, chemical and textural profile changes in accelerated ripened Gouda cheese. Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft und Technology 22:248-254.
- Kim, J. H., D. H. Hahm, D. C. Yang, J. H. Kim, H. J. Lee, and I. Shim. 2005. Effect of crude saponin of Korean red ginseng on high-fat diet-induced obesity in the rat. J. Pharm. Sci. 97:124-131. https://doi.org/10.1254/jphs.FP0040184
- Kim, J. J., S. H. Yu, W. M. Jeon, and H. S. Kwak. 2006. The effect of evening primrose oil on chemical and blood cholesterol lowering properties of Cheddar cheese. Asian Australas. J. Anim. Sci. 19:450-458. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2006.450
- Kwon, S. W., S. B. Han, I. H. Park, J. M. Kim, M. K. Park, and J. H. Park. 2001. Liquid chromatographic determination of less polar ginsenosides in processed ginseng. J. Chromatogr. A 921:335-339. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(01)00869-X
- Lee, J. K., J. H. Jeong, and J. K. Lim. 2011. Quality characteristics of Topokki Garaedduk added with ginseng powder. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 40:426-434. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.3.426
- Lee, N. H., S. R. Yoo, H.G. Kim, J. H. Cho, and C. G. Son. 2012. Safety and tolerability of Panax ginseng root extract: a randomized, placebo-controlled, clinical trial in healthy Korean volunteers. J. Altern. Complement. Med. 18:1061-1069. https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2011.0591
- Lee, Y. S., I. S. Chung, I. R. Lee, K. H. Kim, W. S. Hong, and Y. S. Yun. 1997. Activation of multiple effector pathways of immune system by the antineoplastic immunostimulator acidic polysaccharide ginsan isolated from Panax ginseng. Anticancer. Res. 17:323-331.
- Lee, J. S., G. N. Kim, and H. D. Jang. 2008. Effect of red ginseng extract on storage and antioxidant activity of tofu. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 37:1497-1506. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.11.1497
- Paek, I. B., Y. Moon, J. Kim, H. Y. Ji, S. A. Kim, D. H. Sohn, J. B. Kim, and H. S. Lee. 2006. Pharmacokinetics of a ginseng saponin metabolite compound K in rats. Biopharm. Drug Dispos. 27:39-45. https://doi.org/10.1002/bdd.481
- Rohm, H. and Jaros D. 1996. Colour of hard cheeses 1. Description of coulor properties and effects of maturation. Z Lebensm. Unters. Fosch. 203:241-244. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01192871
- Song, M. R., K. S. Lee, B. C. Lee, and M. J. Oh. 2007. Quality and sensory characteristics of white breads added with various ginseng products. Korean J. Food Presrev. 14:369-377.
- Bioconversion, health benefits, and application of ginseng and red ginseng in dairy products vol.26, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-017-0159-2