- Volume 26 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on Combustion Characteristics due to Changes in Solid Refuse Fuel Properties
고형연료제품 성상 변화에 따른 연소특성에 관한 연구
- Lim, Jong-Wan (School of Environmental Engineering, University of Seoul) ;
- Dong, Jong-In (School of Environmental Engineering, University of Seoul) ;
- Yoon, Kyoon-Duck (Korea Testing Laboratory) ;
- Shim, Jae-Young (Tae Jong NEC)
- Received : 2015.09.04
- Accepted : 2015.10.19
- Published : 2015.12.10
A basic research for utilizing solid refuse fuel (SRF) based on changing SRF properties (RDF, RPF) and types (pellet, fluff) is demonstrated. Physicochemical characteristics of SRF and also changes in thermal decomposition depending on combustion time and emission gas (NOx, CO, HCl, etc) concentration were investigated for applications to waste energy sources. In conclusion, RPF is easy to pelletize, and has better combustion efficiency, higher LHV, higher thermal reduction, and short combustion time because it is composed of plastic wastes homogeneously. Also, fluff type samples have better combustion efficiency, and short combustion time because it has wider exposed surface area for combustion. It can also save energy consumption for pelletizing.
- S. C. Oh, J. H. Ryu, H. Kwak, S. Y. Bae, and K. H. Lee, Thermal degradation of high molecular components obtained from pyrolysis of mixed waste plastics, J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem., 19, 191-198 (2008).
- K. H. Lee, Thermal degradation of heavy pyrolytic oil in a batch and continuous reaction system, J. Anal. Appl. Pyrolysis, 86, 348-353 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaap.2009.08.004
- S. Karagoz, T. Karayildirim, S. Ucar, M. Yuksel, and J. Yanik, Liquefaction of municipal waste plastics in VGO over acidic and non-acidic catalysts, Fuel, 82, 415-423 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0016-2361(02)00250-8
- P. Klimantos, N. Koukouzas, A. Katsiadakis, and E. Kakaras, Air-blown biomass gasification combined cycles (BGCC): System analysis and economic assessment, Energy, 34, 708-714 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2008.04.009
- G. Luc, P. Maria, V. Razvan, B. Jerome, T. Mohabd, G. Benny, and H. Ulrik, Numerical investigation of the partial oxidation in a two-stage down draft gasifier, Fuel, 87, 1383-1393 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2007.07.009
- Y. C. Byun, M. H. Cho, J. W. Chung, Y. S. Kim, J. H. Lee, C. R. Lee, and S. M. Hwang, Plant test of thermal plasma process of pyrolysis/gasification/vitrification of municipal solid waste, Environ. Sci. Technol., 44, 6680-6687 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1021/es101244u
- N. Sanjel, J. H. Gu, W. T. Kwon, and S. C. Oh, A Study on the combustion characteristics of pelletized and fluff RDF (refuse derived fuel), Appl. Chem. Eng., 23, 333-338 (2012).
- Improvement of Acid Digestion Method by Microwave for Hazardous Heavy Metal Analysis of Solid Refuse Fuel vol.35, pp.7, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9786/kswm.2018.35.7.616