- Volume 26 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Production of Phytoncide from Korean Pine Cone Waste by Steam Distillation
잣송이 부산물로부터 수증기 증류법에 의한 피톤치드의 추출
- Kim, Bae yong (Department of Chemical Engineering, Dankook University) ;
- Lee, Chul-Tae (Department of Chemical Engineering, Dankook University)
- Received : 2015.05.19
- Accepted : 2015.11.11
- Published : 2015.12.10
Extraction of phytoncide oil from korea pine cone waste without damaging the pine cone tree itself was investigated using a steam distillation method. Also various components in the extracted phytoncide oil were separated using a column chromatography method. The extraction of phytoncide oil was effectively proceeded, and the maximum production yield of phytoncide oil could be obtained under
phytoncide;extraction;pine tree;pine cone waste;steam distillation
Supported by : 단국대학교
- J. K. Yang and B. K. Kang, Efficient extraction methods and analysis of essential oil from softwood leaves, Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng., 17(4), 357-364 (2002).
- J. Y. Ahn, S. S. Lee, and H. Y. Kang, Biological activities of essential oil from Chamaecyparis obtusa, J. Korean Soc. Cosmet. Sci., 30(4), 503-507 (2004).
- O. Ekyundyo, Monoterepene composition of the needle oils of Pinus species, J. Chromatogr. Sci., 16, 294-295 (1978). https://doi.org/10.1093/chromsci/16.7.294
- K. S. Choi, Flavor components of the needle oils from Pinus rigida mill and Pinus densiflora Sieb & Zncc, Korean J. Food Sci. Technol., 20, 769-773 (1988).
- W. T. Hong, G. M. Go, J. G. Lee, H. J. Jang, and J. J. Kwag, Volatile compounds of pine needle extracts, J. Korean Soc. Tob. Sci., 24(1), 53-59 (2002).
- G. S. Shim and W. Y. Ahn, Domestic production and utilization of oleoresin (II): Seasonal variation of monoterpene composition in needles of Korean white pine, J. Kor. For. Energy, 9(2), 35-48 (1989).
- S. J. Jang, Y. H. Kim, M. G. Kim, G. H. Kim, and S. Y. Yun, Essential oil composition from leaves, flowers, stems, and fruits of Vitex rotundifolia L. fil., J. Korean Soc. Agric. Chem. Biotechnol., 45(2), 101-107 (2002).
- B. H. Hwang, J. H. Jo, S. S. Ham, and H. Y. Kang, Chemical analysis of pinus leaves, J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr., 29(1), 6-9 (2000).
- F. J. Wen, Study on the Analysis of Physicochemical Characteristics of Essential Oil and the Application to the Deodorants, PhD Dissertation, Kwangwoon University, Seoul, Korea (2006).
- H. G. Jung, J. G. Bang, N. S. Sung, and S. M. Kim, Review of functional volatile components in essential oil of medicinal and aromatic plants, Korean J. Crop Sci., 48(S), 41-48 (2003).
- B. S. Jo, The Screening of Biological Activity from Pinus koraiensis Siebold et Zucc. Leaf and Development to Functionality Product, MA Dissertation, Kyungpook National University, Sangju, Korea (2012).
- S. J. Ok and B. H. Hwang, Terpenoid analysis of the main softwoods essential oil: Comparision of terpenoid components in season, J. Korean Soc. For. Energy Res., 10, 84-96 (1990).
- D. Y. Yu, A Study of Anti-oxidation Effect and Anti-bacterial Activation of Pinus koraiensis Extract, MA Dissertation, Kyonggi Unversity, Seoul, Korea (2010).
- H. J. Song, Metabolic Profiling of Terpenoids and its Antifungal and Insecticidal Activity of Thuja occidentalis L. MA Dissertation, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, Korea (2011).
- N. Kurita, M. Miyaji, R. Kurane, and Y. Takahara, Antifungal activity of components of essential oils, Agric. Biol. Chem., 45(4), 945-952 (1981). https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.45.945
- D. R. L. Caccioni, M. Guizzardi, D. M. Biondi, A. Renda, and G. Ruberto, Relationship between volatile component of citrus fruit essential oils and antimicrobial action on Penicillium digitatum and Penicillium italicym, Inter. J. Food Microbiol., 43, 73-79 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-1605(98)00099-3
- K. Cimanga, K. Kambu, L. Tona, S. Apers, T. De Bruyne, N. Hermans, J. Totte, L. Pieters, and A. J. Vlietinck, Correlation between chemical composition and antibacterial activity of essential oils of some aromatic medicinal plants growing in the Democratic Republic of Congo, J. Ethnopharmacol., 79, 213-220 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-8741(01)00384-1
- S. S. Lee, H. Y. Kang, and I. G. Choi, Studies on biological activities of woody essential oils (1), Mokchae Konghak, 30(1), 48-55 (2002).
- J. A. Morris, A. Khettry, and E. W. Seitz, Antimicrobial activity of aroma chemicals and essential oils, J. Amer. Oil. Chem. Soc., 56, 595-603 (1979). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02660245
- Improved Antibacterial Effect of Blending Essential Oils vol.49, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.15324/kjcls.2017.49.3.256