- Volume 39B Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Cancellation of AltBOC Correlation Side-Peaks for Frequency Sharing in Satellite Communication Spectrum
위성통신대역 주파수 공유를 위한 AltBOC 상관 내 주변 첨두 제거 기법
- Chae, Keunhong (Sungkyunkwan University, College of Information & Communication Engineering) ;
- Yoon, Seokho (Sungkyunkwan University, College of Information & Communication Engineering)
- Received : 2014.11.03
- Accepted : 2014.11.12
- Published : 2014.11.28
The alternative binary offset carrier (AltBOC) signal shares frequency spectrum with the phase shift keying (PSK) signal, enabling us to manage the satellite communication spectrum more efficiently. However, the side-peaks in the AltBOC autocorrelation pose an ambiguity in the AltBOC signal tracking, and consequently, makes the frequency sharing via the AltBOC difficult. Therefore, in this paper, we propose a cancellation scheme of the AltBOC correlation side-peaks. From the numerical results, it is confirmed that the proposed scheme removes the ambiguity in signal tracking caused by the side-peaks completely, and thus, has a much lower tracking error standard deviation (TESD) (i.e., a much better tracking performance) than the conventional scheme.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- J. A. Avila-Rodriguez, "On generalized signal waveforms for satellite navigation," Ph.D. dissertation, Dept. Aer. Engineer., University of Munich, Munich, Germany, 2008.
- Y. Lee, S. R. Lee, and S. Yoon, "A novel BOC(n,n) correlation function for maritime satellite communications," J. KICS, vol. 38C, no. 3, pp. 296-302, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2013.38C.3.296
- K. Chae and S. Yoon, "A Spectrum Sensing Scheme Based on Sensing Time Partitioning for High Traffic Environments," J. KICS, vol. 38A, no. 10, pp. 838-844, Oct. 2013. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2013.38A.10.838
- J. Kim, Cognitive radio communications, 1st Ed., Intervision, 2008.
- S. K. Sharma, S. Chatzinotas, and B. Ottersten, "Satellite cognitive communications: Interference modeling and techniques selection," in Proc. Advanced Satellite Multimedia Syst. Conf. (ASMS) and 12th Signal Process. Space Commun. Workshop (SPSC), pp. 111-118, Baiona, Spain, 2012.
- G. W. Hein, J. W. Betz, J.-A. Avila- Rodriguez, C. J. Hegarty, S. Wallner, L. S. Lenahan, A. R. Pratt, J. J. Rushaman, J. Owen, A. L. Kray, J.-L. Issler, and T. A. Stansell, "MBOC: The new optimized spreading modulation recommended for Galileo L1 OS and GPS L1C," in Proc. IEEE/ION Plans, pp. 883-892, San Diego, CA, Apr. 2006.
- J.-A Avila-Rodriguez, "On generalized signal waveforms for satellite navigation," Ph.D. dissertation, Dept. Aerosp. Eng., Univ. Munich, Munich, Germany, Jun. 2008.
- O. Julien, C. Macabiau, M. E. Cannon, and G. Lachapelle, "ASPeCT: Unambiguous sine- BOC(n,n) acquisition/tracking technique for navigation applications," IEEE Trans. Aerosp., Electron. Syst., vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 150-162, Jan. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2007.357123
- A. Burian, E. S. Lohan, and M. K. Renfors, "Efficient delay tracking methods with sidelobes cancellation for BOC-modulated signals," EURASIP J. Wirel. Commun. Netw., vol. 2007, article ID. 72626, 2007.
- Z. Yao, M. Lu, and Z. Feng, "Unambiguous technique for multiplexed binary offset carrier modulated signals tracking," IEEE Signal Process. Lett., vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 608-611, Jul. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/LSP.2009.2020462
- Z. Yao, X. Cui, M. Lu, Z. Feng, and J. Yang, "Pseudo-correlation-function-based unambiguous tracking technique for sine-BOC signals," IEEE Trans. Aerosp., Electron. Syst., vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 1782-1796, Oct. 2010 https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2010.5595594
- J. I. Park, Y.-P. Lee, S. Yoon, S. Y. Kim, and Y. H. Lee, "Synchronization technique based on adaptive combining of sub-correlations of multiband sine phased BOC signals," J. KICS, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 694-701, Nov. 2011. https://doi.org/10.7840/KICS.2011.36C.11.694
- Y. Lee and S. Yoon, "A novel unambiguous correlation function for composite binary offset carrier signal tracking," J. KICS, vol. 38A, no. 6, pp. 512-519, Jun. 2013. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2013.38A.6.512
- A. J. Van Dierendonck, P. Fenton, and T. Ford, "Theory and performance of narrow correlator spacing in a GPS receiver," J. Inst. Navig., vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 265-283, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-4296.1992.tb02276.x