- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Potential Mapping of Moisan area Using SIP and 3D Geological Modeling
복소 전기비저항 및 3차원 지질모델링을 이용한 모이산 포텐셜 지도 구축
- Park, Gyesoon (Mineral Resources Research Division, Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources) ;
- Park, Samgyu (Mineral Resources Research Division, Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources) ;
- Son, Jeong-Sul (Mineral Resources Research Division, Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources) ;
- Kim, Changryol (Mineral Resources Research Division, Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources) ;
- Cho, Seong-Jun (Mineral Resources Research Division, Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources)
- 박계순 (한국지질자원연구원 광물자원연구본부) ;
- 박삼규 (한국지질자원연구원 광물자원연구본부) ;
- 손정술 (한국지질자원연구원 광물자원연구본부) ;
- 김창렬 (한국지질자원연구원 광물자원연구본부) ;
- 조성준 (한국지질자원연구원 광물자원연구본부)
- Received : 2014.09.24
- Accepted : 2014.11.24
- Published : 2014.11.30
In order to develop a new mineral exploration technique, a study was carried out about the potential mapping of Moisan area using SIP (Spectral Induced Polarization) data. The SIP inversion results were classified according to the geological regions, and the distribution characteristics of resistivity and phase values of SIP data were analyzed at the ore region. Based on the characteristics of SIP of ore bodies, we performed 3D potential mapping of Moisan area. The analyzed potential map was verified using that the locations and patterns of high potential regions of the results are well matched with those of the known ore bodies. If we get the higher spatial resolution SIP data, the potential mapping technique using SIP data can be effectively applied to the estimation of mining deposit.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- Bowden, C. D., 2007, Epithermal systems of the Seongsan district, South Korea; an investigation on the geological setting and spatial and temporal relationship between high and low sulfidation systems, Unpublished Ph.D. thesis, James Cook University, Australia, 334p.
- De Kemp, E. A., 2007, 3-D geological modelling supporting mineral exploration. Mineral deposits of Canada: A synthesis of major deposit types, district metallogeny, the evolution of geological provinces, and exploration methods, Geological Association of Canada, Mineral Deposits Division, Special Publication, 5, 1051-1061.
- Kim, E. J., Hong Y. K., and Chi, S. J., 2011, Geochemical Variation of Hwangsan Volcanic Complex by Large Hydrothermal Alteration, Econ. Environ. Geol., 44(2), 95-107. (in Korean) https://doi.org/10.9719/EEG.2011.44.2.095
- Koh, S. M., 1996, Geochemical characteristics of the Cretaceous volcanic rocks and Bukok hydrothermal deposit in the Haenam volcanic field, Chollanamdo, Korea, M.Sc. Thesis, Seoul National University, Korea, 210p. (in Korean)
- Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources, 2013, Multiscale 3D Geological modeling of main mineralized zones, Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planing, GP2013-014-2013(1). (in Korean)
- McGaughey, J., 2006, The common earth model: A revolution in mineral exploration data integration, GIS Applications in the Earth Sciences, 44, 567-576.
- Michael, C., Gregory, A. N., Kenneth, H. W., and Susan, S. H., 2011, 3D Induced-polarization Data Inversion for Complex Resistivity, Geophysics, 76, 157-171.
- Mira Geoscience, 2014, GOCAD Targeting Workflow Introduction, Mira Geoscience Limited, Canada, 46p.
- Moon, D. H., Koh, S. M., and Lee, G. J., 2010, Geochemistry of the Moisan Epithermal Gold-silver Deposit in Haenam Area, Econ. Environ. Geol., 43(5), 491-503. (in Korean)
- Paradigm, 2014, Home page of Paradigm (2014.11.04), http://www.pdgm.com/products/gocad/