- Volume 15 Issue 11
This study examined the factors affecting the sexual autonomy of female university students to provide the basic data for developing an intervention program for sex education. The data was collected from 322 female college students and analyzed with a t-test and multiple regression using the SPSS 21.0 program. The significant factors of sexual autonomy were intercourse experience (
- World Health Organization, "Sexual health", Retrieved April 5, 2014, from http://www.who.int/topics/sexual_health/en/
- D. Wight, A. Parkes, V. Strange, E. Allen, C. Bonell, M. Henderson, "The quality of young people's heterosexual relationships: A longitudinal analysis of characteristics shaping subjective experience", Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 226-237, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1363/4022608 https://doi.org/10.1363/4022608
- B. A. Auslander, J. Baker, M. B. Short, "The connection between young women's body esteem and sexual assertiveness", Journal of Pediatrics Adolescents Gynecology, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 127-130, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jpag.2011.11.008 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpag.2011.11.008
- C. Albrtyn, "Using rights and the law to reduce women's vulnerability to HIV", Canadian HIV AIDS Policy Law Review, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 72-79, 2000.
- I. S. Oh, "A study on gender inequality awareness, sexual attitude and sexual behavior of high students", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Aju university, 2012.
- K. R. Shin, H. J. Park, M. J. Kang, I. S. Park, S. R. Seo, O. H. Ahn, "Survey on sexual attitude among college students", Ministry of Health and Welfare, Seoul, 2011.
- G. La Torre, B. Unim, S. Micoli, E. Langiano, M. Ferrara, E. De Vito, "Change in knowledge, attitudes and behavior of Italian university students regarding contraceptive methods and STDs(1988-2008); a cross-sectional study", Journal of Public Health, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 70-77, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10389-012-0519-6
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, "Survey of Abortion", Ministry of Health and Welfare, Seoul, 2011.
- Korean Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "Statics of HIV infection", Retrieved April 29, 2014 from http://kosis.kr/abroad/abroad_01List.jsp?parentld=A.
- E. S. Lee, H. S. Kang, "Factors influencing the experience of sexual violence victims while dating as college students", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 266-275, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2010.16.3.266 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2010.16.3.266
- M. A. Ott, S. G, Milstein, S, Ofner, B. I. Hapern-Felsher, "Greater experience: Adolescents positive motivations for sex", Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health, vol. 38, pp. 84-89, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1363/3808406 https://doi.org/10.1363/3808406
- M. S. Choi, N. S. Ha, "A study on knowledge: attitude, and experience in sex and sexual autonomy of college students", Korean Journal Women Health Nursing, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 318-330, 2004.
- S. S. Shin, " Constructing meaning of sex violence and dilemma of sexual self-determination", Women and Society, vol. 13, pp. 6-43, 2001.
- L. Rohini, A. G. Christine, " Dating violence among college men and women; evaluation of a theoretical model", Journal of Interpersonal Violence, vol. 21, no. 6, 717-731, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0886260506287312 https://doi.org/10.1177/0886260506287312
- E. A. Impet, L. A. Peplau, "Sexual compliance; gender, motivational, and relationship perspectives", The Journal of Sex Research, vol. 40, pp. 87-100, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00224490309552169 https://doi.org/10.1080/00224490309552169
- H. Kim, "Social exclusion and discrimination against unwed mothers", Gender and Society, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 7-41, 2013.
- A. K. Kiefer, D. T. Sanchez, " Scripting sexual passivity; a gender role perspective", Personal Relationship, vol. 14. pp. 269-290. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1475-6811.2007.00154.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1475-6811.2007.00154.x
- I. M. Whang, "A study on Korean students' sexual knowledge, self-regulation, attitude, and their perception of unwed pregnancy", Unpublished master's thesis, Eulji university, 2009.
- H. M. Nam, "Study on predicting date rape among university students", Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha womens university, 2003.
- Korean Institute of Criminology, "A study on the Korean sexuality and sexual violence", Korean Institute of Criminology, Seoul, 2000.
- A. D. Im, S. H. Choi, "A study on the general citizen's social perception toward unwed moms", Social Science Research, vol 10, pp. 191-202, 2006.
- K. W. Kim, K. H. Kang, G. H. Jeong, "Self-efficacy and sexual autonomy among university students", Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, vol. 26, pp. 51-59, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2012.26.1.051 https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2012.26.1.051
- D. T. Sanchez, A. K. Kiefer, O. Ybarra, "Sexual submissiveness in women ; costs for sexual autonomy and arousal", Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin", vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 512-524, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0146167205282154 https://doi.org/10.1177/0146167205282154
- S. B. Chang, "Development of sexual autonomy measurement for college students", vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 106-115. 2002.
- S. M. Ho, "Sexual knowledge, attitude and sexual behavior of the university students", Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, 2009.
- E. S. Do, Y. S. Seo, "Factors influencing sexual autonomy in college students", Journal of Korean Academy Fundamental Nursing, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 129-136, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2013.20.2.129 https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2013.20.2.129
- Y. J. Kim, "The relationship between attitude, subjective norms, perceived behavioral control, intention and safer sexual behavior in the experienced university students of sexual intercourse", Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 356-366, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.1.356 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.1.356
- S. M. Park, W. Y. Song, "The effects of rape myth and tolerance towards violence on dating to the sexual assertiveness in college women", The Korean Journal of Women Psychology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 265-280, 2012. https://doi.org/10.18205/kpa.2012.17.2.010
- H. S. Kim, "The sexual behavior by the attachment and love style in university students", Unpublished doctor's dissertation , Dongguk university, 2001.
- C. U. Emilio, D. U. Monica, "Sexual relationship power as a mediator dating violence sexually transmitted infections among college", Journal of Interpersonal Violence", vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 539-565, 2008.
- Y. K. Jang, " A study on date sexual violence victims experience", Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha womens university, 2002.
- Korean Women's Development Institute," Issues of unwed women", 47th Women Policy Forum, Korean Women's Development Institute, Seoul, 2008.
- Gender Difference in Mediating Effects of Self-Efficacy for the Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) among College Students' STD Knowledge, Susceptibility, and Sexual Autonomy vol.28, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2016.28.4.482