- Volume 38 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A preliminary study on the development of detection techniques for CO2 gas bubble plumes
CO2 가스 기포 누출 탐지 기술 개발을 위한 예비 연구
- Kum, Byung-Cheol (Maritime Security Research Center, Korea Institute of Ocean Science & Technology) ;
- Cho, Jin Hyung (Maritime Security Research Center, Korea Institute of Ocean Science & Technology) ;
- Shin, Dong-Hyeok (Maritime Security Research Center, Korea Institute of Ocean Science & Technology)
- Received : 2014.09.25
- Accepted : 2014.11.07
- Published : 2014.11.30
As a preliminary study for detection techniques of
Grant : 울릉분지 주변 해양 저장 후보지 지질환경 배경 조사사업
- B. S. McCartney and B. M. Bary, "Echo-sounding on probable gas bubbles from the bottom of Saanich inlet, British Columbia," Deep-Sea Research, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 285-294, 1965.
- R. Merewether, M. S. Olsson, and P. Lonsdale, "Acoustically detected hydrocarbon plumes rising from 2-km depths in guaymas basin, gulf of california," Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 90, no. B4, pp. 3075-3085, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1029/JB090iB04p03075
- L. Mayer, Y. Li, and G. D. Melvin, "3-D visualization for pelagic fisheries research and assessment," International Council for the Exploration of the Sea Journal of Marine Science, vol. 59, pp. 216-225, 2002.
- M. L. Wolfson, D. F. Naar, P. A. Howd, S. D. Locker, B. T. Donahue, D. T. Friedrichs, A. C. Trembansi, M. D. Richardson, and T. F. Wever, "Multibeam observations of mine burial near clearwater, FL, including comparisons to predictions of wave-induced burial," IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 103-118, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/JOE.2006.889317
- L. Naudts, J. Greinert, Y. Artemov, P. Staelens, J. Poort, P. van Rensbergen, and M. de Batist, "Geological and morphological setting of 2778 methane seeps in the Dnepr paleodelta, norhtwestern Black Sea," Marine Geology, vol. 227, pp. 179, 2006.
- J. Greinert, Y. G. Artemov, V. Egorov, M. de Batist, and M. McGinnis, "1300-m-high rising bubbles from mud volcanoes at 2080 m in the Black Sea; Hydroacoustic characteristics and temporal variability," Earth and Planetary Science Letter, vol. 244, no. 1-2, pp. 1-15, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsl.2006.02.011
- F. Gerlotto, S. Georgakarakos, and P. K. Eriksen, "The application of multibeam sonar technology for quantitative estimates of fish density in shallow water acoustic surveys," Aquatic Living Resources, vol. 13, pp. 386-5393, 1994.
- A. G. Judd and M. Hovland, Seabed Fluid Flow, Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- J. H. Kim et al., Study of Technology for Accumulation and Characterization of Submarine Shallow Gas, GP2009-017-2011(3), Petroleum & Research Division, Korea Institute of Geoscience And Mineral Resources, 2011 (in Korean).
- K. A. Kvenvolden and B. Gogers, "Gaia's breath-global methane exhalations," Marine and Petroleum Geology, vol. 22, pp. 579-590, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpetgeo.2004.08.004
S. G. Kang and C. Huh, "The latest progress on the development of technologies for
$CO_2$storage in marine geological structure and its application in Republic of Korea," Journal of the Korea Society for Marine Environmental Engineering, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 24-34, 2008 (in Korean).
C. M. Oldenburg and J. L. Lewicki, "On leakage and seepage of
$CO_2$from geologic storage sites into surface water," Environmental Geology, vol. 50, pp. 691-705, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00254-006-0242-0
- H. Medwin and C. S. Clay, Fundamentals of Acoustical Oceanography, Academic Press, Boston, 1998.
- Kongsberg Maritime, EA 400 Operator Manual, 2006
- Kongsberg Maritime, EA 400 Instruction Manual, 2006
- Teledyne Benthos, Datasonics CAP-660 II Acoustic Profiling System Manual, 1997.
- Kongsberg Maritime, EM 3002 Instruction Manual, 2004.
- QPS, Fledermaus Reference Manual, 2011.
- I. Leifer and J. Boles, "Measurement of marine hydrocarbon seep flow through fractured rock and unconsolidated sediment," Marine and Petroleum Geology, vol. 210, pp. 411-424, 2003.
- H. Sahling, G. Bohrmann, Y. G. Artemov, A. Bahr, M. Bruning, S. Klapp, I. Klaucke, E. Kozlova, A. Nikolovska, T. Pape, A. Reitz, and K. Wallmann, "Vodyanitskii mud volcano, sorokin trough, Black Sea: Geological characterization and quantification of gas bubble streams," Marine and Petroleum Geology, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 1799-1811, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpetgeo.2009.01.010
- J. Schneider von Deimling, and C. Papenberg, "Technical note: Detection of gas bubble leakage via correlation of water column multibeam images," Ocean Science, vol. 8, pp. 175-181, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5194/os-8-175-2012
- R. Clift, J. R. Grace, and M. E. Weber, Bubbles, Drops, Particles, New York, Academic Press, 1978.
- I. Leifer, B. P. Luyendyk, J. Boles, and J. F. Clark, "Natural marine seepage blowout: gontribution to atmospheric methane," Global Biogeochemical Cycles, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 1-9, 2006.
- J. Schneider von Deimling, J. Brockhoff, and J. Greinert, "Flare imaging with multibeam system: Data processing for bubble detection at seeps," Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems, vol. 8, no. 6, Q06004, doi:10.1029/2007GC001577, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1029/2007GC001577