- Volume 50 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A basic research on risk control measure for reducing the fishermen's occupational accident in offshore and coastal fishing vessel
연근해 어선원 재해 현황과 저감 대책 마련을 위한 기초 연구
- Received : 2014.11.10
- Accepted : 2014.11.28
- Published : 2014.11.30
The aim of this study is to research attributes of fishermen's occupational accidents for investigating the measure of risk control on situational condition in the Korean offshore and coastal fishing vessel. Using data of fishermen's occupational accidents are from National federation of fisheries cooperatives for 2013. The results were as belows; Occupational accident occurrence rate was 29.5‰, slips & trips and struck by object and contact with gear were shown severe occurrence pattern. Occupational accident occurrence rate of offshore fisheries was 130.2‰, coastal was 16.9‰, specially the risk rates were severely high in several type of danish seine, stow net and offshore trap. Death rate by accidents was 10.6‰ and by fall into the water in occurrence pattern was 5.5‰.
Offshore and coastal Fishermen;Occupational accident;Accident occurrence pattern;Accident occurrence rate;Risk rate
- Di J, Kite PHL, Thunberg E, Solow AR and Talley WK. 2002. A model of fishing vessel accident probability. J Safety Res 33 (4), 497-510. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4375(02)00050-6
- Cha CP and Park JU. 2011. A study on management of foreign seamen on board coastal & offshore fishing boats. J Fish Mar Sci Edu 23 (3), 515-525.
- Davis & Mary E. 2012. Perceptions of occupational risk by US commercial fishermen. Mar Pol 36 (1), 28-33. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpol.2011.03.005
- Di J. 2014. The determinants of fishing vessel accident severity. Acci Analy & Prevent 66, 1-7.(doi:10.1016/j.aap.2014.01.001) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2014.01.001
- Heinrich HW, Daniel CP, Nestor RR and Susan H. 1980. Industrial accident prevention: A safety management approach, McGraw-Hill, p.468.
- Jeong BY. 1996. Trend analysis of industrial accidents in manufacturing industry. J Kor Inst Ind Eng 9 (2) 231-238.
- Jeong BY. 1997. Characteristics and causes of industrial accidents in korean industry. J Kor Inst Ind Eng 10 (2), 99-107.
- Kim CY, Jeon MJ and Byun DH. 2003. Five-year industrial accidents of ship-building workers at ship-yard. Kor J Occup Envir Med 15 (4), 436-445.
- Kim HY and Heo TY. 2010. An analysis of relative injury risk by industry and estimation of a circular distribution model for industrial injury. The Seoul Institute, Seoul City Res 11 (1), 127-138.
- Kim JH and Jang SR. 2006. A Questionnaire Survey on Occupational Disease of Fisheries. J Kor Soc Safety 21 (5), 84-91.
- Kim WS, Lee JH, Kim SJ, Kim HS and Lee YW. 2013. A basic study on control factor for the marine casualties of fishing vessel in korea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 49 (1), 40-50.(doi:10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.1.040) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.1.040
- Ko DS, Choi SS, Jung SJ, Park JH, Lee H, Son BC, Urm SH, Lee CU, Bae KT and Chun JH. 1997. Relating factors of industrial accident. Kor J Occup Envir Med 9 (1), 99-108.
- Korean Maritime Safety Tribunal (KMST). 2013. The statistics of marine accident. http://www.kmst.go.kr/statistics/yearsStatistics List.jsp. Accessed 20 Oct 2014.
- Korea Occupational Safety Health Agency (KOSHA). 2006. Guidance of records and classification for industrial accident. 1-62.
- Lee SW, Kim KS and Kim TW. 2008. The status and characteristics of industrial accidents for migrant workers in korea compared with native workers. Kor J Occup Envir Med 20 (4), 351-361.
- Korea Occupational Safety Health Agency (KOSHA). 2012. The statistics of industry occupational accidents. http://www.kosha.or.kr/www/boardView.do?contentId=349296&menuId=554 &boardType=A2 1-441. Accessed 22 Oct 2014.
- Lee KS, Kim HS, Chang SH, Jung-Choi KH, Oh WK, Choi JW, Yi KH and Oh JY. 2006. Relationship between injury occurrence and workplace organization in small-sized manufacturing factories. Kor J Occup Envir Med 18 (2), 73-86.
- Lee SC. 2001. Occupational accident and human error. CBNC social science resern institute, J Soc Sci Res 18 (2) 231-250.
- Ministry of Ocean and Fisheries. 2013. Fishing vessel statistics 2013. http://www.fips.go.kr/jsp/fe/fb/fb_ysq_fy_shif.jsp?menuDepth=010106, Accessed 22 Oct 2014.
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries (MOF). 2013. Research of development direction for welfare to fishing vessel crew. Report of MOF 25-44.
- Park JH and Lee CS. 2008. Accident characteristics of construction workers by age. Architec Res 28 (1), 745-748.
- Piniella F, Soiguer MC and Walliser J. 2008. Analysis of the specific risks in the different artisanal fishing method in andalusia, Spain. Safety Sci 46 (8), 1184-1195.(doi:10.1016/j.ssci.2007.08.006) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2007.08.006
- Song JS, Choi HS, Seo JC, Kwak YH, Park WS, Kim SA and Yoon YY. 2005. The present of Occupational Injury and Prevention on East Side of Korea Fishing. J Kor Soc Mar Envir Eng 8 (2), 78-82.
- Hazard Factors Assessment for the Fishermen's Safety on the Vessel of Offshore Stow Nets on Anchor using Insurance Proceeds Payment of NFFC vol.27, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2015.27.4.1129
- Hazard assessment for the fishermen's safety in offshore large powered purse seiner using insurance proceeds payment of NFFC in 2013 vol.51, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.2.188
- Hazard analysis for the fishermen's safety in offshore trawler using insurance proceeds payment of NFFC vol.52, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2016.52.3.241
- A basic study on the introduction of safety management system for the costal/offshore fishing vessels in Korea vol.54, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFOT.2018.54.1.065