- Volume 50 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Species composition and community structure of benthic crustacean assemblage around Oryukdo in southeastern waters off Korea
오륙도 주변해역 저서 갑각류 (Crustacea)의 종조성과 군집구조
- Received : 2014.10.30
- Accepted : 2014.11.28
- Published : 2014.11.30
Community structures and species composition in benthic crustacean around Oryukdo of Busan was investigated using a SCUBA diving in 2011. A total 115 species, 51 families, and 4 taxa were collected during the sampling periods. Species were included 52 species in amphipoda, 49 in decapoda, 8 in isopoda and 6 in thoracica. On cluster analysis, the benthic crustacea community was classified into three groups based on the species composition: group A occurred in spring, group B in autumn and winter and group C in summer. Species composition in benthic crustacean corresponded with the water temperature.
Oryukdo;Community structures;Species composition;Benthic crustacean
- Clarke KR and Warwick RM. 2001. Change in marine communities: An approach to statistical analysis and interpretation 2nd edition. Primer-E, Plymouth, pp. 176.
- Cha JH and Kim MK. 2012. Spatial distribution of marine invertebrate communities on intertidal rocky shore in Dokdo. Korean J Environ Biol 30, 143-150.
- Kim BY, Ko JC, Ko JH, Park SE, Cha HK and Choi HG. 2013. Seasonal variation in community structure of subtidal seaweeds in Jeju island, Korea. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 46, 607-618. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2013.0607
- Kim HS. 1973. Illustrated encyclopedia of fauna & flora of Korea. Vol 14. Anonura & Brachyura. Ministry of Education, pp. 751.
- Kim JB and Choi JH. 2007. Seasonal variation in shrimp communities in the southern coast of Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 40, 53-57. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2007.40.1.053
- Kim JY, Kim JN and Choi JH. 2012. Seasonal variation of species composition in marine organisms at Oryukdo in the southeastern waters off Korea. Jour Fish Mar Sci Edu 24, 781-792.
- Ko JC, Ko Hj, Kim BY, Cha HK and Chang DS. 2012. Distribution characteristic of exploitable macrobenthic invertebrates of beach sediments in the southern coastal water of Jeju Island. Korean J Malacol 28, 197-213. https://doi.org/10.9710/kjm.2012.28.3.197
- Ko JC, Koo JH and Yang MH. 2008. Characteristics of ocean environmental facters and community structure of macrobenthos around Munseom, Jeju Island, Korea. Korean J Malacol 24, 215-228.
- Pearson TH and Rosenberg R. 1978. Macrobenthic succession in relation to organic enrichment and pollution of the marine environment. Barnes, H. ed. Oceanography and Marine Biology, 16, Aberdeen University Press, pp. 229-311.
- Ko JC, Koo JH, Lee SJ, Chang DS and Jo Sh. 2011. Community structure of macrobenthic invertebrates of fishing grounds in the coaxtal waters of Jeju Island. Korean J Malacol 27, 229-246. https://doi.org/10.9710/kjm.2011.27.3.229
- Lee HG, Lee JH, Yu OH and Kim CK. 2005. Spatial characteristics of the macrobenthos community near the Nakdong river estuary, on the southeast coast of Korea. Ocean and Polar Research 27, 135-148. https://doi.org/10.4217/OPR.2005.27.2.135
- Lim HS, Choi JW and Choi SD. 2012. Sparial distribution of macrobenthos in Sueocheon stream estuary at the northern part of Gwangyang bay, Korea. J Kor Soc Ocean 17, 76-86.
- Pielou EC. 2014. Ecological diversity. Wiley, New York, pp. 165.
- Seo IS, Choi BM, Yun JS, Kim DI, Lee JU, Hwang CH, Kang YS, Kang YS and Son MH. 2010. Community structure of macrobenthic invertebrates during spring and autumn around Ui Island, Sinan-gun, Jeollanam-do. Korean J Environ Biol 28, 133-142.
- Son MH and Hong SY. 2003. Field guide to rockyshore invertebrates. SCUBA media. Seoul. pp. 143.
- Shannon CE and Weaver W. 1949. The mathematical theory of communication. University Illinois Press, Urbana, pp. 117.
- Shin MK. 2013. Changes of zooplankton community and population dynamics of Oithona similis Claus (copepoda: Cyclopoida) near Oryuk islets off Busan, South Korea. Pukyong National University, Korea. pp. 59.
- Thouzeau G, Robert G and Ugarte R. 1991. Faunal assemblages of benthic megainvertebrates inhabiting sea scallop grounds from eastern Georges bank, in relation to Environmental factors. Mar Ecol Prog Ser 74, 61-82. https://doi.org/10.3354/meps074061
- Yoo JS. 2003. Dynamics of marine benthic community in intertidal zone of Seoam, Busan. J Kor Soc Ocean 8, 420-425.
- Yoon KT, Seo IS, Kim KB, Choi BM and Son MH. 2009. Community structure of macrobenthic fauna in the Hallyeohaesang national park from Korea strait, Korea. Korean J Environ Biol 27, 124-133.
- Yoon KT, Jung YH and Kang RS. 2010. Discussion to spatial characteristics on a sub-tidal benthic community composed to the complicated coastal lines around Tongyeong, Korea. Ocean Polar Res 32, 123-135. https://doi.org/10.4217/OPR.2010.32.2.123
Grant : 근해어업자원조사
Supported by : 국립수산과학원