- Volume 50 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Measurement of turbulence intensity of cage net using the particle imaging velocimetry
입자영상유속계를 이용한 가두리 망지의 난류강도 계측
- Bae, Jae-Hyun (Aquaculture Industry Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- An, Heui-Chun (Aquaculture Industry Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute)
- Received : 2014.11.11
- Accepted : 2014.11.28
- Published : 2014.11.30
This study is aimed to analyze the hydrodynamic characteristics of the cage net in the circulating water channel. It visualized wake flows using a PIV (paricle imaging velocimetry) and analyzed the flow velocity distribution. In addition, the vorticity and turbulence intensity were analyzed from the wake flow distribution and compared changes by flow velocity. Results showed that the average turbulence intensity in the circulating water channel was very stable showing less than 1% in the range between 0.2 and 0.8 m/s. The drag coefficient affecting to the netting was estimated to be 1.35. The flow decreasing rate of the wake in the middle of the netting was 2.1% at the range of 0.2 m/s and it was constant at 6.6-6.9% over the range of 0.4 m/s irrespective of velocity increases. Finally, the change of turbulence intensity by netting and knot mesh could be confirmed. These results can be utilized as a basic information for the future research of flow characteristics by fishing nets and meshes.
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- An HC, Park CD and Bae JH. 2003. Experimental study of flow characteristics in circulating Water channel of NFRDI. KTTC CWC Division Spring Workshop. The Society of Naval Architects of Korea Abstracrt 118-125.
- Bae BS, An HC, Bae JH, Park CD and Kim IO. 2006. The characteristics of the flow field around canvas kite using the PIV. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 42, 86-96. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2006.42.2.086
- Cha BJ, Kim HY, Bae JH, Yang YS and Kim DH. 2013. Analysis of the hydrodynamic characteristics of chain-link woven copper alloy nets for fish cages. Aquacult Eng 56, 79-85. (doi:10.1016/j.aquaeng.2013.05.002). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaeng.2013.05.002
- Choi ES, Sung HJ and Kwon JH. 1989. Turbulent flow measurements by laser velocimeter in circulating water channel. J Soc Naval Architecs Korea 26, 1-8.
- Han BW and Jo GS. 2003. HHI Circulating Water Channel Status. KTTC CWC Division Spring Workshop. The Society of Naval Architects of Korea Abstracts, 72-82.
- Kim TW, Kim DA and Ryu CR. 2001. Flow resistance of plane nettings for net cages. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 34, 254-259.
- Pichot G, Germain G and Priour D. 2009. On the experimental study of the flow around a fishing net. Euro J Mech B/Fluids 28, 103 116. (doi:10.1016/j.euromechflu.2008.02.002) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euromechflu.2008.02.002
- Song DH and Lee CW. 2009. Study on the hydrodynamic coefficients of the nettings. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 45, 34-45. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2008.45.1.034) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2008.45.1.034
- Munson B.R., Young D.F., Okiishi T.H. 1996, Fundamentals of Fulid Mechanics. Wiley. 556-565, 652-654, 689-696.
- Bouhoubeiny E, Germain G and Druaultb P. 2011. Time-Resolved PIV investigations of the flow field around cod-end net structures. Fish Res 108, 344-355 (doi:10.1016/j.fishres.2011.01.010) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2011.01.010
- Lewandowski R and Pichot G. 2007. Numerical simulation of water flow around a rigid fishing net. Comput. Methods Appl. Mech Eng 196, 4737-4754. (doi:10.1016/j.cma.2007.06.007) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cma.2007.06.007
- Fridman. A.L. 1986. Calculations for fishing gear designs. FAO, Fishing News Books Ltd, 53-69.