- Volume 50 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Simulation of undewater irradiance distribution in coastal squid jigging vessel using the LED and metal halide fishing lamp combination
LED와 메탈헬라이드 집어등을 겸용한 연안 오징어채낚기 어선의 수중 방사조도 분포 시뮬레이션
- Received : 2014.11.11
- Accepted : 2014.11.26
- Published : 2014.11.30
This study is aimed to analyze the three-dimensional underwater irradiance using an optical simulation software and to clarify the propriety and operation method under considering luminous intensity distribution of the luring lamp and penetrability in the seawater, when we use the light diffuser type 300W high powered LED and the metal halide lamp (MHL) on a coastal squid jigging vessel in the 10-ton class, simultaneously. For their attenuation characteristics of each wavelength in relation to the sea, LED lamp was to be effective in the 1.9-fold at 50 m depth and 2.1-fold at 80 m for underwater irradiance more than MHL according to the power consumption. In addition, the underwater irradiance distribution using the LED and MHL combination was rather increased even when reducing total power usage up to 20% depending on the simulation with changing the configuration and lighting angle of the lamp. These results can be utilized as an evaluation method of the operation and performance of the LED lamp according to adjusting its arrangement and lighting angle.
LED lamp;Metal halide lamp;Fish luring lamp;Irradiance;Squid jigging vessel
- An HC and Choo HD. 1993. Fishing efficiency of squid jigging in relation to the variation of fishing lamp power. Bull Nat Fish Res Dev Agency 48, 179-186.
- An HC, Bae BS, Lee KH, Park SW and Bae JH. 2012. Operating performance of hair-tail angling vessel using the LED and Metal halide fishing lamp combination. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 48, 337-345. (http://dx.doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.4.000) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.4.000
- Bae BS, Jeong EC, Park HH, Chang DS and Yang YS. 2008. Behavioral characteristic of Japanese flying squid, Todarodes pacificus to LED light. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 44, 294-303. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2008.44.4.294
- An HC, Bae BS, Lee KH, Park SW and Bae JH. 2013. Operating performance of squid jigging vessel using the LED and Metal halide fishing lamp combination. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 49, 395-403. (http://dx.doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.395) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.395
- Arakawa H, Choi SJ, Arimoto T and Nakamura Y. 1998. Relationship Between Underwater Irradiance and Distribution of Japanese Common Squid Under Fishing Lights of a Squid Jigging Boat. Fisheries Science 64, 553-557. https://doi.org/10.2331/fishsci.64.553
- Austin RW and Halikas G. 1976 1976. The index of refraction of seawater. Scripps Institution of Oceanography La Jolla California USA, A-32.
- Bae BS, Park BJ, Jeong EC, Yang YS, Park HH, Chun YY and Chang DS. 2009. Design and performance evaluation of fish-luring system using the air-cooled LED lamp for jigging and angling boat. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 45, 85-95. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2009.45.2.085
- Choi SJ and Arakawa H 2001. Relatonship between the catch of squid, Todarodes pacificus Steenstrup, according to the jigging depth of hooks and underwater illumination in squid jigging boat. J Korean Fish Soc 34, 624-632.
- Choi SJ. 2002. Relationship between the boat sizes, light source output for fishing lamps and the catch of squid, Todarodes pacificus Steenstrup, in coastal squid jigging fishery of Japan. J Korean Fish Soc 35, 644-653.
- Choi SJ. 2006. Radiation and Underwater Transmission Characteristics of a high-luminance light-emitting diode as the light source for fishing lamps. J Kor Fish Soc 39, 480-486. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2006.39.6.480
- Choi SJ. 2009a. Characteristics of spectral irradiance based on the distance from the light source and operating method for fishing lamps with combined light source. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 42, 711-720. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2009.42.6.711
- Choi SJ. 2009b. Spectral irradiance and underwater transmission characteristics of a combined high-luminance light-emitting diodes as the light source for fishing lamps. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 42, 703-710. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2009.42.6.703
- Driscoll J and Tyedmers P. 2010. Fuel use and greenhouse gas emission implications of fisheries management: the case of the new england atlantic herring fishery. Marine Policy 34, 353-359. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpol.2009.08.005
- Inada H and Arimoto T. 2007. Trends on research and development of fishing light in Japan. J Illum Engng Inst Jpn 91, 205.
- Jerlov NG. 1968. Optical Oceanography. Elsevier. 118-119.
- Peter RB. 2009. The impact of light in buildings on human health. SHB2009-2nd International Conference on Sustainable Healthy Buildings. Seoul, Korea.
- Yamashita Y, Matsushita Y and Azuno T. 2012. Catch performance of coastal squid jigging boats using LED panels in combination with metal halide lamps. Fish Res 113, 182-189. (doi:10.1016/j.fishres.2011.10.011) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2011.10.011
Grant : 채낚기용 고효율 집어시스템 기술개발
Supported by : 국립수산과학원