- Volume 50 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
An analysis on the relationship between prices and catch amounts of sandfish using a cointegration test
공적분 검정을 이용한 도루묵 어획량과 시장가격 간의 관계분석
- Received : 2014.10.27
- Accepted : 2014.11.24
- Published : 2014.11.30
This study aimed to analyze the relationship between catch amount and market price of sandfish for improvement of fishing revenues and effective fisheries management. By estimating the sandfish price function by fishery, the study tried to investigate changes of prices by catch amount as well as changes of fishing revenues by catch amount and price. Results showed that time series data on catch and price were estimated to be non-stationary from unit root tests, but long-term equilibrium relations between catch amount and price were found from a cointegration analysis. Results of regression analyses indicated that the catch amount would have negative impacts on prices of sandfish in both coastal gillnet and danish seine fisheries.
Cointegration;Sandfish;Price function;Fisheries management
- Gujarati D. 2011. Econometrics by Example, Macmillan Publishers,
- FAO. 2014. The state of world fisheries and aquaculture, FAO.
- Hill R, Griffiths W and Lim G. 2007. Principles of Econometrics, 3rd Edition, John Wiley.
- Johansen S. 1988. Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors. J Econo Dyna Cont 12, 231-254. (DOI: 10.1016/0165-1889(88)90041-3) https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-1889(88)90041-3
- Johansen S. 1991. Estimation and hypothesis testing of cointegration vectors in Gaussian autoregressive models. Econometrica 59, 1551-1580. (DOI: 10.2307/2938278) https://doi.org/10.2307/2938278
- Kim DH. 2004. The Concept of Fish Stock Rebuilding Plan and Implementing Ways. Korea Maritime Institute.
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries. 2005. A Study on Mid- and Long-term Implementation of Fish Stock Rebuilding Plan.
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries. 2014a. Fisheries Production Statistics.
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries. 2014b. 2014 Regional Fisheries Science Committee for Fish Stock Rebuilding Plan, Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries.
- OECD. 2010. The Economics of Adapting fisheries to Climate Change, OECD Publishing.
- OECD. 2012. Rebuilding Fisheries : The Way Forward, OECD Publishing.
- Song IH and Jung WS. 2002. Econometric Analysis using SAS and Eviews, Samyoungsa.
Supported by : 국립수산과학원