- Volume 50 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Seasonal species composition and cluster analysis of catches by shrimp beam trawl in the Geum river estuary
새우조망을 이용한 금강 하구역 어획물의 계절별 종조성 및 군집분석
- Received : 2014.09.04
- Accepted : 2014.10.08
- Published : 2014.11.30
Seasonal variations in species composition of catches were explored using seasonal samples caught by shrimp beam trawl in the Geum river estuary in 2011. During the study period, total catches were collected 91 species as fish 47 species, crustacean 28 species, mollusca 4 species, gastropoda 5 species, shellfish 3 species and others 4 species. The dominant species were Exopalaemon carinicauda, Eriocheir leptognathus, Palaemon gravieri, Mugil cephalus, Acanthogobius hasta, Cynoglossus joyneri, Pennahia argentata and Coilia nasus. The amount of species in spring and summer was higher than in autumn. The diversity index (H') was 0.43~0.96, evenness index (EI) was 0.14~0.25, and richness index (RI) was 1.54~4.25. Using cluster analysis 91 species were divided into 4 groups. Group I appeared mainly in spring and summer. Group II appeared only in summer. Group III appeared in winter and spring, and Group IV in spring and autumn.
Geum river estuary;Dominant species;Diversity index(H');Evenness index(EI);Richness index(RI);Cluster analysis
- Hur JW, In DS, Jang MH, Kang HS and Kang KH. 2011. Assessment of Inhabitation and Species Diversity of Fish to Substrate Size in the Geum River Basin. J Env Eco 23(6), 845-856.
- Choe BL, Park MS, Jeon LG, Park SR and Kim HT. 1999. Commercial Molluscs from the freshwater and continental shelf in Korea. Gudeuk Press, Busan, pp. 197.
- Choi Y, Kim IS, Ryu BS and ParkvJY. 1996. Ecology of Synechogobius hasta (Pisces : Gobiidae) in the Kum River Estuary, Korea. J Korean Fish Soc 29(1), 115-123.
- Choi YK, Yang WS and Jeong JY. 2002. Nutrient Front Relating to the Hydrography in the Outflow Region of the Keum River. J Korean Fish Soc 35(3), 289-296. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2002.35.3.289
- Day JW, Hall CAS, Kemp WM and Yanez-Arancibia A. 1989. Estuarine Ecology. Wiley-Interscience, New York, pp. 558.
- Hur JW, Park JW, Kang SU and Kim JK. 2009. Estimation of Fish Fauna and Habitat Suitability Index in the Geum River Basin. Kor J Env Eco 23(6), 516-527.
- Hwang GH, Jeon SR, Kim MO and Hoang CS. 1992. Fish Fauna of the Lower Area of Kum-river. J Basic Sci 6, 53-74.
- Hwang SW, Hwang HB, Noh HS and Lee TW. 2005. Seasonal Variation in Species Composition of Fish Collected by a Bag Net in the Geum River Estuary, Korea. J Kor Fish Soc 38(1), 39-54. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2005.38.1.039
- Jang IK and Kim CH. 1992. A Study on the Change of the Molluscan and Crustacean Fauna after the Construction of the Naktong Estuary Barrage. Bull Korean Fish Soc 25(4), 265-281.
- Kim JG, You SJ and Kwon JN. 1998. Variation of Water Quality after Construction of Keum River Estuary Barrage. J Korean Fish Soc 31, 685-694.
- Kim IS, Choi Y, Lee CY, Lee YJ, Kim BJ and Kim JH. 2005. Illustrated book of Korean fishes. Published by Kyo-Hak Publishing Co, Seoul, pp. 615.
- Kwak SN and Huh SH. 2003. Changes in species composition of fishes in the Kakdong River estuary. J Kor Fish Soc 36, 129-135.
- Kwon HK and Lee SH. 1999. Physical Environment Changes in the Keum River Estuary by the Dyke Gate Operation I. Mean Sea level and Tide. The Sea J Korean Soc Oceanogr 4, 93-100.
- Kwon JN, Kim JG and Ko TS. 2001. The estimation of water quality changes in the Keum River estuary by the dyke gate operation using long term data. J Kor Fish Soc 34, 348-354.
- Lee CL. 1992. The Variation of the Fish Community after Dam Construction of the Kum River Estuary. Korean J Limnol 25(3), 193-204.
- Lee TW. 1991. The Demersal Fishes of Asan Bay I. Optimal Sample Size. Bull Korean Fish Soc 24(4), 248-254.
- Lee JH, Lee JB, Choi YM, Yeon LJ and Lee DW. 2012. Study on Comparison of Fishes by Trawl Fishery in Nakdong River Estuary, Korea. Kor J Ichthyol 24(2), 84-93.
- Lee SH, Choi HY and Oh IS. 1995a. Structure and Variation of the Keum River Plume in Summer. J. Korean Soc Oceanogr 30, 125-137.
- Lee SH, Kwon HK, Choi HY, Yang JS and Choi JY. 1999. Physical Environment Changes in the Keum River Estuary by the Dyke Gate Operation II. Salinity Structure and Estuary Type. The Sea J Korean Soc Oceanogr 4, 255-265.
- Lee TW and Kim GC. 1992. The Demersal Fishes of Asan Bay II. Diurnal and Seasonal Variation in Abundance and Species Composition. Bull Korean Fish Soc 25(2), 103-114.
- Lee TW and Hwang SW. 1995. The demersal fish of Asan Bay. IV. Temporal variation in species composition from 1990 to 1993. Bull Kor Fish Soc 28, 67-79.
- Lee TW, Moon HT and Choi SS. 1997. Change in species composition of fish in Chonsu Bay. 2. Surf zone fish. Kor J Ichthyol 9, 79-90.
- Lee TW, Hwang SW, Park SY, Jeo YR and Jeong HJ. 1995b. Alternation community structure of the shallow-water fish in Cheonsu Bay. Bull Natl Fish Res Dev Agency 49, 219-231.
- Lee YH and Yang JS. 1997. 500-days Continuous Observation of Nutrients, Chlorophyll Suspended Solid and Salinity in the Keum Estuary, Korea. The Sea J Korean Soc Oceanogr 2, 1-7.
- NFRDI (National Fisheries Research and Development Institute). 2001. Shrimps of Korean waters. Hanguel Co, Busan, pp. 188.
- NFRDI (National Fisheries Research and Development Institute). 2004. Commercial fishes of the coastal and offshre waters in Korea. Second Edition. Hanguel Co, Busan. pp. 333.
- Potter IC, Claridge PN and Warwick RM. 1986. Consistency of seasonal changes in an estuarine fish assemblage. Mar Ecol Prog Ser 32, 217-228. https://doi.org/10.3354/meps032217
- Seo HC, Jang IK, Cho YR, Kim JS and Kim BR. 2009. Gonad Maturation and Spawning of the Blue Crab, Portunus trituberculatus (Miers, 1876) from the West Sea of Korea. J Kor Fish Soc 42(1), 48-55. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2009.42.1.048
- Shannon CE. 1948. A mathematical theory of communication. Bell System Technical Jorunal 27, 379-423. (doi: 10.1145/584091.584093) https://doi.org/10.1145/584091.584093
- Shin MS, Lee YK, Park JH and Kim BC. 2012. Primary Productivity of Phytoplankton in a Eutrophic River (Kum River System). J Korea Soc Water Environ 28(1), 10-17.
- Yang JS, Jeong JY, Heo JY, Lee SH and Choi JY. 1999. Chemical Mass Balance of Materials in the Keum River Estuary I. Seasonal Distribution of Nutrients. The Sea J Korean Soc Oceanogr 4, 71-79.
- Yang HJ, Kim KH and Kum JD. 2001. The Fish Fauna and Migration of the Fishes in the Fish Way of the Nakdong River Mouth Dam. Korean J Limnol 34(3), 251-258.
Supported by : 국립수산과학원