- Volume 15 Issue 20
Osteosarcoma is a common malignant tumor of bone, but mechanisms underlying its development are still unclear. At present, it is believed that the inhibition of normal apoptotic mechanisms is one of the reasons for the development of tumors, so specific stimulation of tumor cell apoptosis can be considered as an important therapeutic method. Livin, as a member of the newly discovered inhibitor of apoptosis proteins (IAPs) family, has specifically high expression in tumor tissues and can inhibit tumor cell apoptosis through multiple ways, which can become a new target for malignant tumor treatment (including osteosarcoma) and might of great significance in the clinical diagnosis of tumors and the screening of anti-tumor agents and carcinoma treatment.
Livin gene;osteosarcoma;cellular apoptosis;target therapy
- Guo H, Gao YT, Zhang Q, et al (2013). Expression and clinical significance of livin protein in hepatocellular carcinoma. Dis Markers, 35, 489-96. https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/781740
- Abd-Elrahman I, Deutsch V, Pick M, et al (2013). Differential regulation of the apoptotic machinery during megakaryocyte differentiation and platelet production by inhibitor of apoptosis protein Livin. Cell Death Dis, 28, 930-37.
- Bao YP, Yi Y, Peng LL, et al (2013). Roles of microRNA-206 in osteosarcoma pathogenesis and progression. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 3751-5. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.6.3751
- Chen X, Che X, Wang J, et al (2013). Zinc sensitizes prostate cancer cells to sorafenib and regulates the expression of Livin. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin, 45, 353-8. https://doi.org/10.1093/abbs/gmt017
- He ML, Wu Y, Zhao JM, et al (2013). PIK3CA and AKT gene polymorphisms in susceptibility to osteosarcoma in a Chinese population. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 5117-22. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.9.5117
- Jiang W, Huang Y, Wang JP, et al (2013). The synergistic anticancer effect of artesunate combined with allicin in osteosarcoma cell line in vitro and in vivo. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 4615-9. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.8.4615
- Jia J, Tian Q, Liu Y, et al (2013). Interactive effect of bisphenol A (BPA) exposure with -22G/C polymorphism in LOX gene on the risk of osteosarcoma. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 3805-8. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.6.3805
- Li F, Yin X, Luo X, et al (2013). Livin promotes progression of breast cancer through induction of epithelial-mesenchymal transition and activation of AKT signaling. Cell Signal, 25, 1413-22. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cellsig.2013.03.012
- Jin J, Cai L, Liu ZM, et al (2013). miRNA-218 inhibits osteosarcoma cell migration and invasion by downregulating of TIAM1, MMP2 and MMP9. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 3681-4. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.6.3681
- Li Y, Li X, Fan G, et al (2012). Impairment of p53 acetylation by EWS-Fli1 chimeric protein in Ewing family tumors. Cancer Letters, 320, 14-22. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.canlet.2012.01.018
- Li X, Fan S, Li L, et al (2013). RNA interference-mediated knockdown of Livin suppresses cell proliferation and invasion and enhances the chemosensitivity to cisplatin in human osteosarcoma cells. Int J Oncol, 43, 159-68.
- Liu GH, Wang C, Ding ZY (2013). Overexpression of the truncated form of Livin reveals a complex interaction with caspase-3. Int J Oncol, 42, 2037-45.
- Ma D, Tremblay P, Mahngar K, et al (2011). Selective cytotoxicity against human osteosarcoma cells by a novel synthetic C-1 analogue of 7-deoxypancratistatin is potentiated by curcumin. PloS One, 6, e28780. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0028780
- Nedelcu T, Kubista B, Koller A, et al (2008). Livin and Bcl-2 expression in high-grade osteosarcoma. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol, 134, 237-44.
- Tanhaei A P, Ziaei A, Mazrouei S, et al (2014). Livin, a novel marker in lymphoma type distinction. Ann Diagn Pathol, 18, 157-62. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anndiagpath.2014.02.008
- Wang YF, Wang YF, Hu C (2011). Effects of PDTC on apoptosis and expression of livin and caspase-9 on human osteosarcoma cell MG-63. Orthopedic J China, 19, 589-91.
- Xie C, Wu B, Zhao Y, et al (2011). Association between Livin expression and microvascular density in osteosarcoma. J Pract Med, 27, 1529-32.
- Yi L, Guo F, Chen A (2007). The experiment study on LMWH inhibiting the expression of Livin and inducing the apoptosis of osteosarcoma cells. Chin German J Clin Oncol, 6, 587-90. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10330-007-0106-4
- Zou AM, Wang HF, Zhu WF, Wang FX, Shen JJ (2014). Effect of RNAi-mediated silencing of Livin gene on biological properties of colon cancer cell line LoVo. Genet Mol Res, 13, 3832-41. https://doi.org/10.4238/2014.May.16.8
- Identification and Functional Analysis of Differentially Expressed Genes Related to Metastatic Osteosarcoma vol.15, pp.24, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.24.10797
- miR-9 Modulates Osteosarcoma Cell Growth by Targeting the GCIP Tumor Suppressor vol.16, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.11.4509