- Volume 19 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Factors Affecting the Purchase Intention of Mobile Advertising : Focusing on the Comparison between Korea and Russia
모바일 광고특성이 구매의도에 미치는 영향: 한국과 러시아를 중심으로
- Kim, Seung-Gweon (SW Engineering Center of National IT Promotion Agency) ;
- Yoon, Jong-Soo (Dept. of Business Administration, Kangnam University)
- Received : 2014.07.22
- Accepted : 2014.09.05
- Published : 2014.11.29
With the rapid mobile phones and global diffusion of mobile marketing it is very important to understand cross-national consumer attitude and behavioral intentions toward mobile marketing as a promotional channel. Some areas of mobile advertising still need more investigation. Especially, the topic about consumer attitude toward mobile advertising has been received a considerable amount of attention. Based on the Technology Acceptance Model (TAM), this study investigates the relationship between characteristic of mobile advertising and purchase intention toward mobile advertising, and analyzes moderating effect of country type. The result of this study could help researchers and practitioners to understand which factors should be managed to increase the effectiveness of mobile advertising.
- Korea Internet & Security Agency, 2013 The Survey of Mobile Advertising Industry, 2013. 11.
- Byung-hwa Yang, "An Integrated Model of Attitudes toward Wireless Marketing.", Advertising Research, Vol. 69, 2005. pp139-163.
- Zhang, J., & Mao, E.(2008), Understanding the acceptance of mobile SMS advertising among young Chinese consumers. Psychology & Marketing, 25(8), 787-805. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.20239
- Qureshi, I., & Compeau, D (2009). Assessing between-group differences in information systems research: a comparison of covariance-and component-based SEM. MIS Quarterly, 33(1), 197-214. https://doi.org/10.2307/20650285
- Vatanparast, R., & Asil, M.(2007).Factors affecting the use o fmobile advertising. International Journal of Mobile Marketing, 2(2),21-34
- Kyung-yul Lee, Hyun-gil Park, "A Study on Perception of Advertisers, Advertising Agencies, and Mobile Contents Providers Concerning Mobile Advertising Effectiveness and Obstacles and Promotion of Mobile Advertising Business", The korean journal of advertising, 16(1), 2005, pp 225-249.
- Jin-young Tak, Young-bo Hwang, "An Exploratory Study on the Effects of Mobile Advertising : Focusing on the Involvement and Passive Learning Theories." Journal of Communication Science," 5(1), 2005, pp 265-300.
- Choi, Y., Hwang, J. & McMillan, S.(2008). Gearing up for mobile advertising : Across-cultural examination of key factors that drive mobile messages home to consumers, Psychology & Marketing, 25(8),756-768. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.20237
- Kotler, P. (2003) Marketing Management. Upper Saddle River, NJ:Pearson Education, Inc.
- Je-koog Yoo, "the current state and implication of mobile advertising", Information & Communications Policy, 13(14), 2001, pp 27-43.
- Kaasinen, E. (2003). User Needs for Location-Aware Mobile Services, Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, 7, pp 70-79 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00779-002-0214-7
- Petty, R. D. (2003), "Wireless Advertising Messaging: Legal Analysis and Public Policy Issues", Journal of Public Policy & Marketing 22(1), pp 71-82. https://doi.org/10.1509/jppm.188.8.131.5227
- Jong-won Yoon, "Usage patterns and pursuit benefits of mobile wireless internet service". Master's thesis of Dankuk university, 2000.
- Davis, F. D. & Bagozzi, R. P. & Warshaw, P. R.(1989). "User Acceptance of Computer Technology: A Comparison of Two Theoretical Models."Management Science, 35(8): 982-1003 https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.35.8.982
- Gefen, D., Karahanna, E., & Straub, D. W. (2003). Trust and TAM in online shopping: an integrated model. MIS quarterly, 51-90.
- Ducoffe, R.H. (1996) "Advertising Value and Advertising on the Web", Journal of Advertising Research, 21-35.
- Brackett, L. K., & Carr, B. N. (2001). Cyberspace advertising vs. other media: Consumer vs. mature student attitudes. Journal of Advertising Research, 41(5), 23-32.
- Tsang, M. M.,Ho, S. C., & Liang, T. P. (2004), Consumer attitudes toward mobile advertising: An empirical study. International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 8(3), 65-78.
- Merisavo, M., Kajalo, S., Karjaluoto, H., Virtanen, V., Salmenkivi, S., Raulas, M., & Leppaniemi, M. (2007). An empirical study of the drivers of consumer acceptance of mobile advertising. Journal of Interactive Advertising, 7(2), 41-50. https://doi.org/10.1080/15252019.2007.10722130
- Kim, G., Park, S., & Oh, J.(2008). An examination of factors influencing consumer adoption of short message service (SMS). Psychology & Marketing, 25(8), 69-786. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.20238
- Jung-woo Lee, Sun Lee, Chung-sik Lee, "The research on advertising effects of push type mobile Ads.", 2009 Integrated conference of Korea Academic Society of Business Adminstration, 2009, pp 1-22.
- Chulwoo Park, EunJin Kim, Joongho Ahn, Jungjoo Jahang, "Empirical Study on Factors Influencing the Value of Mobile Advertising: From the Perspective of Information Value," Information Systems Review (8:2), 2006, pp 29-49.
- Sang-Jin Yoo, Hyo-Jung Kim, Tang, H.-L., "A Study on the Factors Affecting the Acceptance Intention for Mobile Ads," Information Systems Review (9:1), 2007, pp 1-21.
- Seung Ryul Jeong, Young Shin Kang, & Choon Yeul Lee, The Classification of the Perceived Risks Involved in E-Commerce and the Developments of Their Measures, Information System Research, 15(1), 2006, pp215-238.
- Featherman, M.S. and Pavlou, P.A. (2003), "Predicting e-services adoption: a perceived risk facets perspective", International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, Vol. 59, No. 4, pp. 451-74. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1071-5819(03)00111-3
- Byung-hwa Yang, Youngchan Kim, "A Model of Reciprocal Causation on Mobile Advertising : Integrating Mobile Technology into the Communication Effect of Ad" The korean journal of advertising (19:3), 2008, pp 157-171.
- Ji-Young Ryu, Kak Yoon, "A Study on Mobile Advertising Acceptance and Word of Mouth Intention of Smartphone Users," The korean journal of advertising (24:1), 2013, pp 297-318.
- Wetzels, M., Odekerken-Schroder, G., & Van Oppen, C. (2009). Using PLS path modeling for assessing hierarchicalconstruct models: guidelines and empirical illustration. MIS quarterly, 33(1), 177-195 https://doi.org/10.2307/20650284
- Yoo, Y., & Alavi, M. (2001). Media and group cohesion: Relative influences on social presence, task participation, and group consensus. MIS quarterly, 25(3), 371-390. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250922
- Gefen, D., Straub, D. W., and Boudreau, M.-C(2000). "Structural Equation Modeling and Regression: Guidelines for Research Practice," Communications of the Association for Information Systems (4:7), pp. 1-70
- Hair, J., Anderson, R., Tatham, R., & Black, W. (1998). Multivariate Data Analysis (Fifth Edition). New Jersey : Prentice-Hall. Inc.
- Fornell, C., & Larcker, D. F. (1981). Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Journal of marketing research, vol.18,1981, pp. 39-50. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- Carte, T. A., & Russell, C. J. (2003). In pursuit of moderation: Nine common errors and their solutions. Mis Quarterly, 479-501.