- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Relationship among Essentials of Fundamental Nursing Skills Performance, Stress from Work and Work Capability of New Clinical Nurses
신규간호사의 핵심기본간호술 수행과 업무스트레스 및 업무수행능력과의 관계
- Received : 2014.07.04
- Accepted : 2014.11.03
- Published : 2014.11.30
Purpose: This study identifies the relation among the essentials of fundamental nursing skills performance (EFNSP), work capability and stress from work experienced by new clinical nurses. Method: This is a cross-sectional descriptive study with a self-reported questionnaire. The subjects were 224 new clinical nurses employed by general hospitals having more than 400 beds. The data, collected from February 10 to March 7, 2014, were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-tests, ANCOVA, Pearson's correlation analysis and hierarchical linear regression. Results: The highest frequency of EFNSP of new clinical nurses was vital sign measurement (4.74,
- Faul. F., Erdfelder. E., Lang. A.-G., & Buchner. A. (2007). "G^*Power 3: A flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences". Behavior Research Methods, 39, 175-191. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- Anderson, T., Linden, L., Allen, M., & Gibbs, E. (2009). New graduate RN work satisfaction after completing an interactive nurse residency. Journal of Nursing Administration, 39(4), 165-169. https://doi.org/10.1097/NNA.0b013e31819c9cac
- Benner, P. (1984). From novice to expert excellence and power in clinical nursing practice. Boston, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company.
- Byeon, E. S. (2009). A study on the relationship between newly graduated nurses' intention to turnover and job stress/satisfaction. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Han, S. S., Sohn, I. S., & Kim, N. E. (2009). New nurse turnover intention and influencing factors. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 39(6), 878-887. http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2009.39.6.878 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2009.39.6.878
- Hospital Nurses Association. (2012). A survey on distribution of hospital nursing personnels. Retrieved 2014. 6. 22. from http://www.khna.or.kr
- Hwang, S. Y. (2003). Effects of problem-based learning on the knowledge achievement, critical thinking ability, attitude and motivation toward learning of nursing students. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chonnam National University, Gwangju
- Jeong, M. S. (2008). A survey for examining the correlations among OSCE results, self-efficacy and competence in new graduate nurses. Unpublished master's thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon.
- Kim, H. Y. (2012). The effect of preceptors' transformational leadership on job stress and clinical performance among new graduate nurses. Unpublished master's dissertation, Chosun University, Gwangju
- Kim, M. J., & Koo, M. O. (1984). The development of the stress measurement tool for staff nurses working in the hospital. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 14(2), 28-37.
- Kim, M. S., & Choi, S. O. (2003). Concept analysis of organizational socialization. Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, 9(1), 19-30.
- Kim, Y. H., Hwang, S. Y., & Lee, A. Y. (2014). Perceived confidence in practice of core basic nursing skills of new graduate nurses. Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, 20(1), 37-46. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.1.37 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.1.37
- Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing. (2012). Evaluative items for essentials of fundamental nursing skills of accreditation for nursing education. Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing.
- Korea Nurses Association. (2014). Contrary statement for increasing number students of nursing department 2015. Seoul: Retrieved 2014. 6. 22. from http://www.koreanurse.or.kr
- Lee, E. J. (2002). An analysis of the factors affecting general hospital nurses' intention to leave the job. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Lee, S. J., Kang, M. K., Kwan, S. H., Song, K. H., Lee, J. H., & Choi, J. H., et al. (2002). A study on job stress between experienced versus new nurse. The Chung-Ang Journal of Nursing, 6(1), 89-99.
- Lee, W. H., & Kim, J. J. (2006). The relationship between depression, perceived stress, fatigue and anger in clinical nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 36(6), 925-932. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.6.925
- Lee, S. K., Park, S. N., & Jung, S. H. (2012). Nursing core competencies needed in the fields of nursing practice for graduates in nursing. The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, 18(4), 460-473. http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.4.460 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.4.460
- Shin, Y. W., Lee, H. J., & Lim, Y. J. (2010). Predictors of clinical competence in new graduate nurses. The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, 16(1), 37-47. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.1.37
- Lee, W. H., Kim, J. J., Yoo, S. J., Heo, H. K., Kim, K. S., Lim, S. M., et al. (1990). Development of work capability measurement of nursing students. Journal of Yonsei Nursing. 13(1), 17-29.
- Park, J. Y. (2011). Factors affecting the clinical competence of new staff nurses. Unpublished master's dissertation, Kongju National University, Kongju
- Park, K. S. (2013). The relationship among job stress, resilience and turnover intention of new nurses, Unpublished doctoral disseration, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon.
- Song, G. H. (2007). The conceptual structure of nursing expertise. Unpublished doctoral disseration, Korea University, Seoul.
- Yoo, K. H., Um, Y. R., Suh, Y. O., Song, R. Y., June, K. J., Cho, N, O., et al. (2000). The comparison between nursing graduates' performance and clinical nurses' performance of clinical competency. The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, 6(1), 147-159.
- Yoon, S. H. (2002). A study on new graduate nurses' clinical experience of adaptation. The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, 8(1), 55-72.
- Effects of Intensive Clinical Training for Nursing Students in Nursing Practice on their Clinical Competence, State Anxiety, and Clinical Practice Stress vol.23, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2016.23.4.419
- Effects of an intensive clinical skills course on senior nursing students' self-confidence and clinical competence: A quasi-experimental post-test study vol.61, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2017.11.028
- Essential Basic Nursing Skills and Clinical Practice Satisfaction of Nursing Students vol.21, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2016.21.12.147
- A Study of Convergence on Frequency of Performance, Self-Confidence, Performance Assessment Scores of Core Nursing Skills of Nursing Students vol.14, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.355
Supported by : 삼육대학교