- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Severe Accident Management Capabilities and Strategies for CANDU Reactor
가압중수로형원전의 중대사고 대응능력 연구
- Choi, Young (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Park, Jong-Ho (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2014.09.05
- Accepted : 2014.10.07
- Published : 2014.10.31
The realistic cases causing severe core damage should be analyzed and arranged systematically for preparing an accident management of the specific nuclear power plant. The objective of this paper is to establish basic technical information for reactor safety and reactor building integrity management strategies in CANDU reactor severe accident. For the development of severe accident management strategies, plant specific features and behaviors must be studied by detailed analysis works. This analysis scope will serve to cover overall methods and analyzing results to understand the reactor building integrity status in the most likely severe accident sequences that could occur at CANDU reactor. Also analysis results could help prevent or mitigate severe accidents for the identification of any plant specific vulnerabilities to severe accidents using the probabilistic safety assessment (PSA) quantified results.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- USNRC, "Severe Accident Risks: An Assessment for Five U. S. Nuclear Power Plants", NUREG-1150, 1989.
- "Severe Accident Management Programs for Nuclear Reactors", Regulatory Guide, G-306, Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission, 2006.
- KOREA HYDRO & NUCLEAR POWER CO., LTD, "Probabilistic Safety Assessment for Wolsung Units 2,3&4", pp. 1.3, 3.16-3.18, 2007.
- Y. H. Jin et al., "ISAAC Code User's Manual", KAERI/TR-3645/2008, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, 2008.
- Y. Jin, et al., "Application of SAMG in the Management of SGTR Accident", Nuclear Engineering and Technology, Vol. 41, No.1, pp. 63-70, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5516/NET.2009.41.1.063
- F. Rahn, "GOTHIC Containment Analysis Package, Technical Manual, Version7.2a(QA)", NAI 8907-06 Rev. 16, 2006.
- K. R. Kim, "Development of a Severe Accident Training Simulator: SATS," 2002 ANS Annual Meeting, Hollywood, FL, 2002.
- Y. Choi et al., "Severe Accident Management using PSA Event Tree Technology", International Journal of Safety, Vol. 2. No.1, pp. 50-56, 2003.
- D. Il. Kang et al., " Fire Simulation for the Abandonment Risk Assessment of Main Control Room Fire in Domestic Nuclear Power Plant", Journal of The Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 199-207, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2014.29.4.199