- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Developing the Pedestrian Accident Models of Intersections using Tobit Model
토빗모형을 이용한 교차로 보행자 사고모형 개발
- Lee, Seung Ju (Department of Urban Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lim, Jin Kang (Department of Urban Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Park, Byung Ho (Department of Urban Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2014.06.30
- Accepted : 2014.09.25
- Published : 2014.10.31
This study deals with the pedestrian accidents of intersections in case of Cheongju. The objective is to develop the pedestrian accident models using Tobit regression model. In pursuing the above, the pedestrian accident data from 2007 to 2011 were collected from TAAS data set of Road Traffic Authority. To analyze the accident, Poisson, negative binomial and Tobit regression models were utilized in this study. The dependent variable were the number of accident by intersection. Independent variables are traffic volume, intersection geometric structure and the transportation facility. The main results were as follows. First, Tobit model was judged to be more appropriate model than other models. Also, these models were analyzed to be statistically significant. Second, such the main variables related to accidents as traffic volume, pedestrian volume, number of traffic island, crossing length and the pedestrian countdown signal systems were adopted in the above model.
- K. K. Kim and B. H. Park, "Analysis of Accident Factors at Arterial Road using Tobit Model", International Journal of Highway Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp.131-138, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7855/IJHE.2013.15.2.131
- S. S. Han and, B. H. Park, "Accident Models of Circular Intersections by Weather Condition in Korea", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 178-184, 2012.
- H. Na and B. H. Park, "Accident Models of Circular Intersection by Cause using ZAM", Journal of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 101-108, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7855/IJHE.2012.14.2.101
- J. T. Park, B. B. Choi and S. B. Lee, "A Study on the Characteristics of Traffic Accidents for the Elderly Pedestrians on Rural Highways", Journal of the Korean Society of Transportation, Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 155-162, 2010.
- J. S. Choi, S. Y. Kim, K. S. Hwang and S. Y. Baik, "Severity Analysis of the Pedestrian Crash Patterns Based on the Ordered Logit Model", International Journal of Highway Engineering, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 153-164, 2009.
- G. U. Park and S. B. Lee, "Estimating the Effectiveness of Road Safety Features using Pedestrian Accident Probability Model", Journal of Korean Society of Transportation, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 55-65, 2006.
- D. H. Lee, "A Development of Safety Prediction Models for Moving Behavior of Crosswalk Pedestrians", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 439-445, 2005.
- S. C. Lee, "The Characteristics of Pedestrians Accident: Analyzing the Conflict Behavior between Pedestrians and Drivers", Journal of the Korean Psychological Association, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 159-174, 2000.
- P. C. Anastasopoulos, P. T. Tarko and F. L. Mannering, "Tobit Analysis of Vehicle Accident Rates on Interstate Highways", Accident Analysis & Prevention, Vol. 40, pp. 628-633, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2007.08.018
- P. C. Anastasopoulos, F. L. Mannering, V. N. Shankar and J. E. Haddock, "A Study of Factors Affecting Highway Accident Rates using the Random-parameters Tobit Model", Accident Analysis & Prevention, Vol. 45, pp. 628-633, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2011.09.015
- J. J. Rolison, J, P. Hewson, E. Hellier and P. Husband, "Risk of Fatal Injury in Older Adult Drivers, Passengers, and Pedestrians", Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, Vol. 60, Issue 8, pp. 1504-1508, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.2012.04059.x
- D. J. Derry, E. B. Ebel, N. C. Mock, F. Afukaar and P. Donkor, "Pedestrians Injury Patterns in Ghana", Accident Analysis & Prevention, Vol. 42, Issue 4, pp. 1080-1088, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2009.12.016