- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Job Stress and Work Ability of Technical Workers and Simple Labor Workers in Apartment Construction
아파트공사 기능직 종사자와 단순노무 근로자의 직무스트레스와 작업능력에 관한 연구
- Lee, Jong-Bin (Department of Safety Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Chang, Seong Rok (Department of Safety Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2014.03.25
- Accepted : 2014.09.23
- Published : 2014.10.31
In recent studies, construction industry workers with higher job stress and lower work ability were more likely to experience accidents at their workplace. Likewise, fatal accidents rate was higher among simple labor workers compared to technical workers. Therefore the evaluation of a worker's job stress and work ability seems to be important in preventing the occurrence of fatal accidents. To search for ways to reduce job stress and to improve work ability, the current study conducted a job stress analysis based on age, years of service, skill level, hobbies, sleep patterns, and monthly income. For this, the Korean occupational stress questionnaire short form and the Work Ability Index (WAI) developed by the Finnish Institute of Occupational Health (FIOH) were used. In this study, SPSS 12.0K statistics program was used for statistical analysis and significance was verified by the Kruskal-Wallis test and non-parametric tests. The results of this study can be summarized as follows : (1) Simple labor workers had higher job stress and less work ability than technical workers. (2) The more experienced workers had lower job stress and higher work ability. (3) In the case of workers who slept a lot, work ability was higher and job stress was less. (4) Monthly income influenced on the job stress and work ability. (5) Job stress and work ability in accordance with the age difference was not significant.
- J. H. Park and C. S. Lee, "Accident Characteristics by Age Construction Workers", Journal of the Korean of Society Safety, Vol. 24, No. 6, 2009.
- A. R. Kim, "An Research of Effects of Construction Workers' Work Ability and Job Stresses on the Occurrence of Industrial Accidents: Apartment Construction Workers", The Graduate School of Industry, Pukyong National University, 2012.
- KOSHA, Job-Stress Evaluation Administration, 2005.
- S. R. Chang, C. G. Nam and Y. J. Lee, "A Study on the Job Stress and Work Ability of Managers in Apartment Building", Fall Conference of the Korean of Society Safety, pp.233-236, 2009.
- K. Tuomi, J. Ilmarinen, A. Jahkola, L. Kataja-rinne and A. Tulkki, "Work Ability Index", 2nd ed., Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, 1998.
- Y. J. Lee, "An Empirical Study on Factors Affecting the Work Ability of Korean Workers", Department of Safety Engineering, The Graduate School, Pukyong National University, pp.65-66, 2013.
- E. J. Bassey, "Longitudinal Changes in Selected Physical Capabilities: Muscle Strength, Flexibility and Body Size", Age and Ageing, Vol.27, No.3, pp.12-16, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/27.suppl_3.12
- W. J. Goedhard, "Work Ability and Aging of Employees in a Metalworking Company", TUTB-SALTSA Conference, pp.25-27, 2000.