- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Criteria for Appointment of Safety and Health Managers in the Construction Industry
건설업 안전·보건관리자 선임기준 개선 방안에 관한 연구
- Lee, Yeonsoo (Occupational Safety and Health Training Institute) ;
- Park, Yongkyu (Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, KOSHA)
- Received : 2014.09.02
- Accepted : 2014.10.21
- Published : 2014.10.31
The construction accidents which had been on the downward trend for the past decades have increased for five consecutive years since 2008. In order to let the increasing trend of construction accident slow growing or switching to decline, various efforts are required of all members in construction industry such as government, employers, construction engineers, safety managers, construction workers, etc. Although the criteria for appointment of safety managers in construction site introduced in 1982 have contributed to prevent construction accident as a forefront for the past 30 years, it has not been a remarkable improvement in the safety manager's status and roles which have been required to change according to the changes of circumstances and environments. In associated with a newly introduced the criteria for appointment of health managers in construction site in the year 2015, the problems such as role, status, number of safety and health managers are needed to be considered comprehensively and improved widely. In this study, we propose several improvement plans which will improve the current criteria for appointment of safety and health managers in construction sites.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act. 2014.
- Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency, Analysis of Industrial Accidents, 2001-2013.
- Public Notice of Ministry of Land and Transportation, Standard of Cost of Construction Management, No.2014-298.
- Construction Technology Promotion Act. 2014.
- H. S. Ahn, K. J. Lee and E. J. Kim, "A Study on the Correlation Coefficients between Construction Amounts and Numbers of Workers for Assessing the Required Nnumbers of Safety Managers", A Report of Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, pp.122-125, 2013.
- K. H. Lee, Y. K. Kim and W. S. Chung, "Regulation Compliance for Assigned Safety and Health", A Report of Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, pp.155-164, 2004.
- K. S. Son, K. O. Lee, W. M. Gal, H. S. Yang and J. N. Choi, "Improving Assignment and Qualification of Safety Manager at Construction Site", A Report of Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, pp. 185-188, 2008.