- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Management Approach of the Construction Accidents Based on Assessing the Job Stress of Korean and Foreign Construction Laborers
내외국인 건설 근로자의 직무 스트레스 평가를 통한 건설재해 관리 방안
- Jeong, Kyeong Hwan (Department of Plant.Architectural Engineering, Kyonggi University) ;
- Kim, Gwang-Hee (Department of Plant.Architectural Engineering, Kyonggi University) ;
- Shin, Yoonseok (Department of Plant.Architectural Engineering, Kyonggi University)
- Received : 2014.06.13
- Accepted : 2014.09.29
- Published : 2014.10.31
Each year, it seems inevitable that major accidents will occur on construction sites. Industrial accidents, sometimes involving foreign laborers, have been constantly increasing. Construction laborers have higher hazard rates and higher work intensity than other industries, which means that they experience more job stress, as a result of the subcontracting structure. Therefore, this study performed an influence factor analysis on job stress and its relevance to industrial accidents involving Korean and foreign construction laborers, and proposed its effectiveness with the job stress and construction accident management measures based on the results of those. A questionnaire to measure job stress was performed targeting Korean and foreign laborers, and the results were analyzed. The results of this study can be utilized as important reference materials in efforts to reduce the job stress of foreign laborers on construction sites, and can be expected to contribute to preventing construction accidents related to job stress in the future.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- T. H. Jeong, "The Effect Study on the Result of Business Management Due to the Job Stress", Journal of Advanced Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 141-151, 2009.
- R. C. Karasek and R. G. Frank, "The impact psychiatric disorders on work loss days", Psychological Medicine, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 861-873, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0033291797004807
- S. J. Chang, S. B. Koh, D. Kang, S. A. Kim, M. G. Kang, C. G. Lee, J. J. Chung, J. J. Cho, M. Son, C. H. Chae, J. W. Kim, J. I. Kim, H. S. Kim, S. C. Roh, J. B. Park, J. M. Woo, S. Y. Kim, J. Y. Kim, M. Ha, J. Park, K. Y. Rhee, H. R. Kim, J. O. Kong, I. A. Kim, J. S. Kim, J. H. Park, S. J. Huyun and D. K. Son, "Development an Occupational Stress Scale for Korean Employees", Korean Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 297-317, 2005.
- J. H. Eom, "A Study on the Stress Control of Construction workers", Seoul National University, Korea, pp. 1-79, 2007.
- B. J. Park, S. K. You, J. H. Kim and J. J. Kim, "A Study on the Employment Condition and the Change of the Work Ability for the foreign Labors in Construction Field", Proceedings of the Korea Institute of Building Construction, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 7-9, 2011.
- M. S. Bang and G. W. Kim, "A Investigation and Prevention Method on Industrial Disasters for Foreign Workers at Construction Work", Proceedings of Spring Annual Conference of Korean Safety Management and Science, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 365-371, 2011.
- Korea Occupational Safety & Health Agency, "The statistics of Great Disaster of Construction industry : KOSHA 2002-2010", Available from: http://www.kosha.or.kr/.
- Korea Occupational Safety & Health Agency, "Assessment and Management of Job Stress", Korea Occupational Safety & Health Agency, Korea, pp. 1-16, 2005.
- H. J. Choi and H. G. Kwon, "The Stress Influences on the Job Attitudes toward the Employees of Construction Industries", Korean Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 1723-1749, 2008.
- C. H. Park and T. H. Jung, "A Study on the Job Stress Influencing to the Construction Management in Construction Industry", Journal of Korea Safety Management and Science, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 41-48, 2010.
- H. C. Seo, J. K. Oh and J. J. Kim, "The Analysis of Job Stress of Workers in the Architectural Design Firm After the Introduction of BIM", Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 120-131, 2012. https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2012.13.4.120
- M. Lee, "Relationship between Occupational Stress and Depression of Construction Workers", Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 279-288, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2011.20.3.279
- Z. Zhang, W. H. Lee, Y. W. Choi and S. H. An, "A Comparative Analysis of Job Stress of Field Managers and Workers in Korean Construction Project", Journal of Building Construction and Planning Research, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 55-60, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4236/jbcpr.2013.13008