- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Strength Evaluation of Micropile with Expanded Drill Hole
확공형 마이크로 파일의 강도 평가에 관한 연구
- Lee, Jae-Min (SAMHO Soil Tech Co., LTD.) ;
- Kim, Doo-Hwan (Department of Civil Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2014.05.23
- Accepted : 2014.10.13
- Published : 2014.10.31
This study proposes an advanced type of a micropile system. The proposed micropile system consists of perfobond ribs installed steel rod to improve shear capacity between the thread and the grout, and partially expanded drill holes to increase resistance capacity between the grout and the ground. This study contains experimental evaluations on the proposed micropile system to verify the shear capacity of perfobond rib installed on the steel rod and the load-carrying capacity of shear key created by the partially expanded drill hole. Push-out tests were conducted on a rolled screw thread and steel rods which perfobond ribs are installed instead of rolled screw, in order to compare their load-carrying capacity and behavioral characteristics. As a result, it was confirmed that the perfobond-rib steel rods show much superior structural behavior in terms of initial stiffness, ultimate load, and ductile behavior.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- J.-M. Goo, C.-H. Choi, S.-D. Cho, J.-H Lee and K.-H. Lee, "Micropiling: Case History and the Improvement of Design Method", Proceeding of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, pp. 865-868. 2008.
- J.-H. Ahn, C.-G. Lee, J. H. Won and S. H. Kim, "Shear Resistance of the Perfobond-rib Shear Connector depending on Concrete Strength and Rib Arrangement", Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Vol. 66, 2010.
- Eurocode 4 ENV Design of Composite steel and concrete structures, European Committee for Standardisation (CEN), 2007.
- Y. Tsukada, K. Miura, Y. Tsubokawa, Y. Otani and G. You, "Mechanism of Bearing Capacity of Spread Footings Reinforcing with Micro-piles", Journal of Soil and Foundation, Vol.46, No.3, pp.367-376. 2006. https://doi.org/10.3208/sandf.46.367
- Performance Evaluation of Waveform Micropile with Different Shapes by Centrifuge Test vol.36, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2016.36.6.1049