- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Actual Conditions of Safety Management in Thermal Oil System
열매체유 시스템의 안전관리 실태에 관한 연구
- Lee, Joo Yeob (Occupational Safety & Health Research Institute, KOSHA) ;
- Lee, Keun Won (Occupational Safety & Health Research Institute, KOSHA) ;
- Woo, In Sung (Department of Safety Engineering, Incheon National University)
- Received : 2014.07.03
- Accepted : 2014.10.08
- Published : 2014.10.31
Depending on the progress of the industrial advances, the use of the thermal oil system in the utility system has been increased, which became an important part in the operation of the plant. However, fire or explosion have occurred due to lack of risk awareness and safety management, more frequently than we know. In this study, by using a questionnaire, actual conditions of safety management in thermal oil system is surveyed and analyzed, it is composed of general, a safety status of the thermal oil system component and the stage of recognition and management in the thermal oil system. These results of this study can be used as basic data to the safety management and the accident prevention of fire or explosion in the workplace.
thermal oil system;fire or explosion;actual conditions;safety management
- K.-W. Lee, J.-S. Lee and Y.-R. Choi, "Flammability and Thermal Stabilities of Heat Transfer Oils", Journal of KIGAS, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 82-87, 2011. https://doi.org/10.7842/kigas.2011.15.2.082
- J. Y. Lee, "A Study on Improvement Plan of Safety Management by Risk Analysis in Heat Transfer Fluid System", Ph. D. Thesis, University of Incheon, 2012.
- Center for Chemical Process Safety, "Guidelines for Engineering Design for Process Safety", CCPS, New York, pp. 211-236, 1993.
- J. Hudson, "Thermal Fluid Pumps for 650 to 750℉ Service", Process Heating, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 27-31, 2006.
- J. Oetinger, "Troubleshoot Heat-Transfer Fluid Systems", Chemical Engineering, Vol. 118, No.12, pp. 33-36, 2011.
- C. E. Gamble and M. Schopf, "Heat Transfer Fluid Leaks: Break the Fire Triangle", Chemical Engineering, Vol. 117, No. 13, pp. 26-33, 2010.
- J. Oetinger, "Prevent Fires in Thermal Oil Heat Transfer Systems", Hydrocarbon Processing, Vol. 81, No. 11, pp. 53-54, 2002.