- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Malfunction Prevention for Transponder of Record Type Fire Alarm System
R형 자탐설비의 중계기 오동작 방지 대책에 대한 연구
- Yoo, Jae Ick (Graduate School of Energy and Environment, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Jung, Jae Hee (Graduate School of Energy and Environment, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2014.09.12
- Accepted : 2014.10.21
- Published : 2014.10.31
The record type receivers that are operated in large industrial sites have strength in preventing fire. However, because of its long circuit lines and multiple detectors, the receivers are vulnerable to lightning, noise, and breakdown of equipments, resulting in malfunction. In case of malfunctioning of detection circuits of main protection areas, such as electrical room and server room, potential release of gaseous extinguisher agents may lead to property and life damage. In this paper, we present the results on the characteristics of the transponder that initiates the solenoid valves, with respect to various electromagnetic and lightning inflow conditions. Based on the measured data, we analyzed the systematic problems of the transponder. In order to prevent receiver malfunctions, a sequential circuit was configured with two additional transponders and a timer. The circuit was tested with a simulator with preference and delay circuit algorithms.
- J. H. Ku, "A Study on Personal Safety Improvement of the Gaseous Fire Extinguishing System", Journal of the Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, Vol.14, No.3 pp.193-199, 2014. https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2014.14.3.193
- S. G. Yoe, "Communication Equipment EMC Problems", Journal of Information and Telecommunication Facility Engineering, pp. 223-225, 2004.
- Y. H. Jeon, "Case Analysis and Prevention Measures Study of the Carbon Dioxide Fire Extinguishing Discharge at Non-fire Condition", Yeung-nam University, Master's Thesis, pp. 1-72, 2010.
- G. H. LEE, "Lightning Damages and Surge Durability of Home Automation System", The Korean Institute of Illumination and Electrical Installation Engineers, pp.158-162, 2003.
- S. S. Rhee and H.S. Shin, "Survey on Magnetic Field around Substations and Proposals to Broaden Understanding of the Magnetic Field Characteristics", The Korean Institute of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp.526-534, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5515/KJKIEES.2009.20.6.526
- K. J. Kim, "A Study on the Implementation of Digital Anti-fire Monitoring System with Multipoint Communication Protocol", The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp.1423-1428, 2012.
- S. H. Jo, C. G. Jung and Y. H. Ji, "PCB's Latch-up Phenomenon by External Electrical Surge", The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 59, No. 11, pp. 2089-2092, 2010.