- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Development of a Novel Real-Time Monitoring System Algorithm for Fire Prevention
화재예방을 위한 실시간 모니터링 시스템의 알고리즘 개발
- Kim, Byeong-Jo (Department of Fire and Disaster Prevention, Daejeon University) ;
- Kim, Jae-Ho (Department of Fire and Disaster Prevention, Daejeon University)
- Received : 2014.07.29
- Accepted : 2014.10.15
- Published : 2014.10.31
Despite the automatic fire alarm system, according to the national fire data system of national emergency management agency, the fires account for 40,932 incidents, 2,184 injuries and about 430 billion won in property losses in 2013. Since the conventional automatic fire alarm system has several weaknesses related to electrical signal such as noise, surge, lighting, etc. Most fires are mainly caused by electrical faults, mechanical problem, chemical, carelessness and natural. The electrical faults such as line to ground fault, line to line fault, electrical leakage and arc are one of the major problems in fire. This paper describes the development of a novel real-time fire monitoring system algorithm including fault detection function which puts the existing optic smoke and heat detectors for fire detection with current and voltage sensors in order to utility fault monitoring using high accuracy DAQ measurement system with LabVIEW program. The fire detection and electrical fault monitoring with a proposed a new detection algorithm are implemented under several test. The fire detection and monitoring system operates according to the proposed algorithm well.
- Ministry of Knowledge & Economy, "The 6th Basic Plan for Long-Term Electricity Supply and Demand", 2013.
- H. S. Shin, H. Y. Kim, J. S. Choi, J. M. Lim, M. S. Kim and H. S. Kim, "A Statistical Analysis on the Korea Electrical Fire Accidents in 2012", KIEE Autumn Annual Conference, pp. 31-33, 2013.
- J. M. Lim and H. S. Kim, "Accident Investigation Business", The Proceedings of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 26, No. 8, pp. 17-22, 2013.
- National Emergency Management Agency, "National Fire Data System", 2013.
- National Emergency Management Agency, "Type Approval of Detector and Code & Standard of Inspection Method", 2013.
- H. G. Kim, S. P. Kwon, H. J. Yoon and S. H. Sakong, "A Study on the Development of Smoke Detector Sensitivity Test Equipment", Journal of Korean Institute of Fire Science & Engineering, Vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 125-132, 2009.
- J. C. Edwards and G. S. Morrow, "Evaluation of Smoke Detectors for Mining Use", United States Department of the Interior Report, 1995.
- L. C. Fortescue, "Method of Symmetrical Coordinates Applied to the Solution of Polyphase Networks", Trans. AIEE, Vol. 37, pp. 1027-1140, 1918.