- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Vehicle Fire Accident Caused by Defect of Optionally Established Equipment
부가적으로 설치된 장치 결함으로 인한 차량화재 사고사례 분석
- Park, Nam-Kyu (National Forensic Service) ;
- Kim, Jin-Pyo (National Forensic Service) ;
- Nam, Jung-Woo (National Forensic Service) ;
- Song, Jae-Yong (National Forensic Service)
- Received : 2014.06.05
- Accepted : 2014.09.02
- Published : 2014.10.31
This paper deal with due to the additional equipment established on the vehicle fire accident cases. Recently, vehicle was recognized as other living spaces and it was increasing installation of additional devices such as a black box, multivision, additional battery and so on. However, these additional devices were established on the vehicle by non-specialists such as the general public user or manufacturing and distributors of additional devices since the vehicle factory. Resulting from the additional equipments due to installation errors in these additional equipments connected to the electrical wiring insulation damage or electrical breakdown occurs, and finally leading to a fire caused by the additional equipments. Therefore, additional equipment established on the vehicle due to a fire in order to prevent accidents during the manufacturing process of these devices are installed. If not installed unless the manufacturing process, the installation of additional equipments established by professional who knows the vehicle structure that will be able to prevent the fire.
- J.-Y. Song et al, "Analysis on Vehicle Fires Caused by Damage of Diesel Particulate Filter(DPF)", Journal of Korea Institute of Fire Science Engineering, Vol. 56, No. 4, pp. 70-76, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7731/KIFSE.2012.26.4.070
- Statistics Korea, Automobile Ownership data, http://www.nfds.go.kr, 2013.
- National Fire Data System Korea, 2013 Fire Statistics, http://www.index.go.kr, 2013.
- National Fire Protection Association, "NFPA 921 Guide for Fire and Explosion Investigation", 2008 Edition, pp. 189-200, 2008.
- E. Lee, "A Study on Analysis on an Automotive Fire Case that Broke Out Due to an Electrical Cause during Engine Stopping", Trans. of Korean Society of Automotive Engineering, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 9-16, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2013.21.1.009
- Information Research Service(IRS) Global, "2014 Overall Analysis Report to Seek Market Prospect and Business Strategy of Vehicle Black Box", http:// www. irsglobal.com, 2013.