- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Strain Evaluation of the Notch tip Area for the CFRP/GFRP Hybrid Laminate Plate using the SENT Specimen
SENT시험편을 이용한 CFRP/GFRP 하이브리드 적층재의 노치선단부 변형률 평가
- Kang, Ji Woong (Faculty of Health Science, Daegu Haany University)
- 강지웅 (대구한의대학교 보건학부)
- Received : 2014.06.19
- Accepted : 2014.08.27
- Published : 2014.10.31
The aim of this work is conduct the study on light weight and structural performance improvement of the composite wind power blade. GFRP (Glass Fiber Reinforced Plastic) pre-empted by CFRP(Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic), the major material of wind power blade, was identified the superiority of mechanical performance through the tensile and fatigue test. SENT(Single Edge Notched Tension) specimen fracture test was conducted on the specimen that laminated together 2 ply CFRP with 4 ply GFRP through DIC(Digital Image Correlation) analysis. The SENT specimen thickness and
Supported by : 대구한의대학교
- M. A. Sutton, W. J. Woltwr, W. H. Peters, W. F. Ranson and S. R. McNeil, "Determination of Displacement using an Improved Digital Image Correlation Method", Image Vision Computer, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 133-139, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1016/0262-8856(83)90064-1
- J.-W. Kang, O.-H. Kwon, T.-K. Kim and S.-J. Cho, "Evaluation of Material Properties about CFRP Composite Adapted for Wind Power Blade by using DIC Method", Journal of the Korean Society for Power System Engineering, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 17-23, 2010.
- S. U. Yoon, K. Suk, S. H. Jo and K. S. Kang, "Non-destructive Reliability Evaluation of Electronic Device by ESPI", Journal of the Korean Society for Nondestructive Testing, Vol 21, pp. 630-633. 2001.
- W. H. Peters, W. F. Ranson, M. A. Sutton, T. C. Chu and J. Anderson, "Application of Digital Image Methods to Rigid Body Mechanics", Opt. Eng., Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 738-742, 1983.
- Olivier De Almeida, Fabienne Lagattu and Jean Brillaud, "Analysis by a 3D DIC Technique of Volumetric Deformation Gradients : Application to Polypropylene/ EPR/Talc Composites", Composites : Part A(applied science and manufacturing), Vol. 39, pp. 1210-1217, 2007.
- J. D. Helm, S. R. McNeill and M. A. Sutton, "Improved Three-dimensional Image Correlation for Surface Displacement Measurement", Opt. Eng. Vol. 35, No. 7, pp. 1911-1920, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1117/1.600624
- M. A. Sutton, J. H. Yan, V. Tiwari, H. W. Schreier and J. J. Orteu, "The Effect of Out-of-plane Motion on 2D and 3D Digital Image Correlation Measurement", Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol. 46, pp. 746-757, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlaseng.2008.05.005
- T.A. Berfield, J.K. Patel, R.G. Shimmin, P.V Braun, J. Lambros and N.R. Sottos, "Micro- and Nanoscale Deformation Measurement of Surface and Internal Planes via Digital Image Correlation", Society for Experimental Mechanics, 2007.
- W. H. Peter and W. F. Panson, "Digital Image Techniques on Experimental Stress Analysis", Opt. Eng., Vol. 21, 1982.
- M. A. Sutton, W. H. Wolter, W. F. Panson and S. R. McNeill, "Determination of Displacements using an Improved Digital Image Correlation Method", Image Vision Computer, 1983.
- E. Verhulp, B.van Rietbergen and R Huiskes, "A Three-dimensional Digital Image Correlation Technique for Strain Measurements in Microstructures", Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 37, pp. 1313-1320, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2003.12.036
- R. Ambu, F. Aymerich and F. Bertolino, "Investigation of the Effect of Damage on the Strength of Notched Composite Laminates by Digital Image Correlation", J. Strain Analysis, Vol. 40, No. 5, 2005.
- Jorge Abanto-Bueno and John Lambros, "Investigation of Crack Growth in Functionally Graded Materials using Digital Image Correlation", Engineering Fracture Mechancs, Vol. 69, pp. 1695-1711, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-7944(02)00058-9
- M. A. Sutton, Mingqi Cheng, W. H. Peters, Y. J. Chao and S. R. McNeill, "Application of an Optimized Digital Correlation Method to Planar Deformation Analysis", Image and Vision Computing, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 143-150, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1016/0262-8856(86)90057-0
- J. D. Helm, "Digital Image Correlation for Specimens with Multiple Growing Cracks", Society for Experimental Mechanics, 2007.