- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Impact Collapse Modes of Composite Structural Members using Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics for Car Body Lightweight
차체 경량화를 위한 CFRP 복합구조부재의 충격압궤모드에 관한 연구
- Hwang, W.C. (Department of Mechanical Design Engineering, Chosun University) ;
- Choi, Y.M. (Department of Advanced Parts & Materials Engineering, Graduate School, Chosun University) ;
- Im, K.H. (Department of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Woosuk University) ;
- Cha, C.S. (Department of Fire Protections and Safety Engineering, Dongkang College) ;
- Yang, Y.J. (Department of Fire Protections and Safety Engineering, Dongkang College) ;
- Yang, I.Y. (Department of Mechanical System Engineering, Chosun University)
- 황우채 (조선대학교 기계설계공학과) ;
- 최영민 (조선대학교 대학원 첨단부품소재공학과) ;
- 임광희 (우석대학교 기계자동차공학과) ;
- 차천석 (동강대학교 소방안전관리과) ;
- 양용준 (동강대학교 소방안전관리과) ;
- 양인영 (조선대학교 기계시스템공학과)
- Received : 2014.04.24
- Accepted : 2014.09.16
- Published : 2014.10.31
This study aimed to develop members with the optimum impact characteristics to ensure a protected space for passengers in the case of automobile collisions. Accordingly, these members were fabricated to provide sufficient rigidity and safety to the passenger room structure and to absorb large amounts of energy during collision. In particular, CFRP members were fabricated with different section shapes such as square and single- and double-hat shapes. Next, their impact collapse characteristics and collapse modes were quantitatively analyzed according to the changes in section shapes and stacking angles. This analysis was performed to obtain design data that can be applied in the development of optimum lightweight members for automobiles.
Supported by : 조선대학교
- M. S. Kown, "Trend of Korea Automotive Technology (VI)." AUTO JOURNAL, Vol. 26, No. 6, pp. 30-35, 2004.
- S. I. Song, K. J. Bae, K. H. Lee and G. G. Park, "Light weight Design for Automotive Door Using Optimizations and Design of Experiments", Transactions of KSAE, Vol.10, pp. 125-132, 2002.
- H. Huh, K. P. Kim, S. H. Kim, J. H. Song and S. K. Hong, "Crashworthiness Assessment of Frond Side Members in an Auto-body Considering the Fabrication Histories", Int. J. Mech. Sci., Vol.45, pp. 1645-1660, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2003.09.022
- K. P. Kim, J. H. Song, H. Huh, H., S. Kim and S. K. Hong, "Crashworthiness of an Auto-body Member with the Forming Effect", Transactions of KSAE, Vol, 12, No. 1, pp. 91-98, 2004.
- B. J. Kim and S. J. Heo, "Collapse Characteristics of Aluminum Extrusions Filled with Structural Foam for Space Frame Vehicles", Int. J. of Automotive Technology, Vol.4, pp.141-147, 2003.
- A. G. Hanssen, M. Langseth and O. S. Hopperstad, "Experimental Evaluation of the Strain Field History during Plastic Progressive Folding of Aluminum Circular Tubes", Int. J. Mech. Sci., Vol.43, pp.153-176, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7403(99)00108-3
- M. Avalle and G. Belingardi, "An Energy Absorption Characteristics of Thin-Walled Structure members by Crushing Load", Int. J. Mech. Sci., Vol.39, pp. 575-583, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7403(96)00063-X
- Y. Minoru, G. Manabu and S. Yasuhiko, "Axial Crush of Hollow Cylindrical Structures with Various Polygonal Cross-sections Numerical Simulation and Experiment", Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.140, pp. 59-64, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(03)00821-5
- I. G. Yeo, J. H. Choi and I. Y. Yang, "Dynamic Characteristics of CFRP Structure Member According to Change the Stacking Angle and Shape." Journal of KSMTE, Vol.22, pp. 388-393, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7735/ksmte.2013.22.3.388
- K. S. Lee, "Evaluation of the Crashworthiness for Impact Energy Absorbing Lightweight Vehicle Members", Doctorate Thesis, Chosun University, 2008.
- Y. J. Yang, C. S. Cha and I. Y. Yang, "Collapse Characteristics of CFRP Hat Shaped members According to Variation of Interface Numbers under the Hygrothermal Environment", Journal of KSMTE, Vol.18, pp. 241-247, 2009.
- Q. Wang, Z. Fan and L. Gui, "Theoretical Analysis for Axial Crushing Behaviour of Aluminium Foam-filled Hat Sections", Int. J. Mech. Sci., Vol. 49, pp. 515-521, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2006.06.011
- S. K. Kim, K. H. Im, Y. N. Kim, J. W. Park, I. Y. Yang and T. Adachi, "On the Characteristics of Energy Absorption Control in Thin-walled Members for the use of Vehicular Structures", Key Engineering Materials, 233-236:239-244, 2003. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.233-236.239
- M. D. White and N. Jones, "Experimental Quasi-static Axial Crushing of Top-hat and Double-hat Thin-walled Sections", Int. J. Mech. Sci., Vol.41, pp. 179-208, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7403(98)00047-2