- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study on Performance Characteristics of High Speed Air Valve for Water Works
급수용 급속공기밸브의 성능특성에 관한 실험적 연구
- Lee, Sun Kon (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Kaong, Sae Ho (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Incheon National University) ;
- Yang, Cheol Soo (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Incheon National University) ;
- Woo, Chang Ki (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Incheon National University)
- Received : 2013.07.24
- Accepted : 2014.09.19
- Published : 2014.10.31
When the fluid energy convert into kinetic energy due to water hammer, the propagation velocity of pressure wave appear. The propagation velocity of pressure wave(1050 m/s) of very fast could be damage to the pipeline system. If the occurrence of water hammer is due to down-pressure, the faster the air exhaust or supply device is needed. it is high Speed Air Valve. In this paper, Each 3.12, 3.13, 3.72,
- K.-Y. Kim, "Waterhammer in the Transmission Pipeline with an Air Chamfer" The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol. 26, Issue. 2, pp. 177-183, 2002. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2002.26.2.177
- S. K. Lee and Cheol Soo Yang, "Water-hammer in the Pump Pipeline System with and without an Air-Chamber" Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 26. No. 1, pp. 1-7, 2011.
- J. E. Hodgson, "Pipeline Celerities", M.S. Thesis, University of Alberta, 1983.
- S.-G. Kim and K. B. Lee "Water Hammer in the Pump Pipeline System with an Air Chamber", Journal of Energy Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 187-193, 2007.
- E. B. Wylie and V. L. Streeter, "Fluid Transients in Systems", Prentice Hall; 1 Edition, pp. 464, 1993.