- Volume 52 Issue 5
In this study, the control of the shape of pre-stressed cable structures and the effective control element were examined. The process of deriving the displacement control equations using the force method was explained, and the concurrent control scheme (CCS) and the sequence control scheme (SCS) were proposed. To explain the control scheme process, the quadrilateral cable net model was adopted and classified into a regular model and an irregular model for the analysis of the control results. In the control analysis of the regular model, the CCS and SCS analysis results proved reliable. For the SCS, the errors occur in the control stage and varied according to the control sequence. In the control analysis of the irregular model, the CCS analysis result also proved relatively reliable, and the SCS analysis result with the correction of errors in each stage was found nearly consistent with the target shape after the control. Finally, to investigate an effective control element, the Geiger cable dome was adopted. A set of non-redundant elements was evaluated in the reduced row echelon form of a coefficient matrix of control equations. Important elements for shape control were also evaluated using overlapping elements in the element sets, which were selected based on cable adjustments.
shape adjustment;pre-stressed cable structures;force method;concurrent control;sequence control;non-redundant element;reduced row echelon form
- Haftka, R.T. and Adelman, H.M. (1985a), "An analytical investigation of the static shape control of large space structures by applied temperatures", AIAA J., 23(3), 450-457. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.8934
- Haftka, R.T. and Adelman, H.M. (1985b), "Selection of actuator locations for static shape control of large space structures by heuristic integer programing", Comput. Struct., 20(1-3), 575-582. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7949(85)90105-1
- Irschik, H. (2002), "A review on static and dynamic shape control of structures by piezoelectric actuation", Eng. Struct., 24(1), 5-11. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(01)00081-5
- Burdisso, R.A. and Haftka, R.T. (1990), "Statistical analysis of static shape control in space structures", AIAA J., 28(8), 1504-1508. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.25245
- Furuya, H. and Haftka, R.T. (1995a), "Placing actuators on space structures by genetic algorithms and effectiveness indexes", Struct. Optim., 9(2), 69-75. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01758822
- Furuya, H. and Haftka, R.T. (1995b), "Static shape control of space trusses with partial measurements", J. Spacecraf. Rocket., 32(5), 856-865. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.26696
- Subramanian, G. and Mohan, P. (1996), "A fast algorithm for the static shape control of flexible structures", Comput. Struct., 59(3), 485-488. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7949(96)00266-0
- Shea, K., Fest, E. and Smith, I.F.C. (2002), "Developing intelligent tensegrity structures with stochastic search", Adv. Eng. Inform., 16(1), 21-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1474-0346(02)00003-4
- Irschik, H., Heuer, R. and Ziegler, F. (1998), "Static shape control by applied strains without stress", Proceeding European Conference on Spacecraft Structures, Materials and Mechanical Testing, Braunschweig, November.
- Irschik, H. and Ziegler, F. (2001), "Eigenstrain without stress and static shape control of structures", AIAA J., 39(10), 1985-1990. https://doi.org/10.2514/2.1189
- Tanaka, H., Shimozono, N. and Natori, M.C. (2008), "A design method for cable network structures considering the flexibility of supporting structures", Tran. Jpn. Soc. Aeronaut. Space Sci., 50(170), 267-273. https://doi.org/10.2322/tjsass.50.267
- Ziegler, F. (2005), "Computational aspects of structural shape control", Comput. Struct., 83, 1191-1204. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruc.2004.08.026
- Nyashin, Y., Lokhov, V. and Ziegler, F. (2005), "Stress-free displacement control of structures", Acta Mechanica, 175, 45-56. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00707-004-0191-1
- Tanaka, H. and Natori, M.C. (2006), "Shape control of cable net structures based on concept of selfequilibrated stresses", JSME Int. J. Ser. C: Mech. Syst., Mach. Elem. Manuf., 49(4), 1067-1072. https://doi.org/10.1299/jsmec.49.1067
- Tanaka, H. (2011), "Surface error estimation and correction of a space antenna based on antenna gain analyses", Acta Astronautica, 68(7-8), 1062-1069. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actaastro.2010.09.025
- You, Z. (1997), "Displacement control of pre- stressed structures", Comput. Meth. Appl. Mech. Eng., 144(1-2), 51-59. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7825(96)01164-4
- Kwan, A.S.K. and Pellegrino, S. (1993), "Prestressing a space structures", AIAA J., 31(10), 1961-1963. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.11876
- Kim, S.D., Jeong, E.S., Koo, H.S., Lee, H.H. and Jung, H.M. (2003), "Nonlinear constructional analysis of cable-dome structures for adjusting the initial stresses", IASS/APCS 2003 Symposium, Taipei, October.
- Jeong, E.S., Kang, C.H., Lee, S.J., Park, S.W. and Kim, S.D. (2006), "Nonlinear constructional analysis of Zetlin-typed cable dome structures considering geometrical nonlinearity", IASS/APCS 2006 Symposium, Beijing, October.
- Li, T. and Wang, Y. (2009), "Performance relationships between ground model and space prototype of deployable space antennas", Acta Astronautica, 65(9-10), 1383-1392. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actaastro.2009.03.037
- Li, T. and Ma, Y. (2011), "Robust vibration control of flexible cable-strut structure with mixed uncertainties", J. Vib. Control, 17(9), 1407-1416. https://doi.org/10.1177/1077546310381100
- Liu, M.Y., Lin, L.C. and Wang, P.H. (2012), "Investigation on deck-stay interaction of cable-stayed bridges with appropriate initial Shapes", Struct. Eng. Mech., 43(5), 691-709 https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2012.43.5.691
- Zribi, M., Almutairi, N.B. and Abdel, M.R. (2006), "Control of vibrations due to moving loads on suspension bridges", J. Eng. Mech., 132(6), 659-670. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(2006)132:6(659)
- Quelle, I.G. (2009), "Cable roofs. Evolution, classification and future trends, in: evolution and trends in design, analysis and construction of shell and spatial structures", IASS Symposium 2009, Valencia, Spain.
- Pellegrino, S. (1993), "Structural computations with the SVD of the equilibrium matrix", Int. J. Solid. Struct., 30(21), 3025-3035. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7683(93)90210-X
- Kwan, A.S.K. (1998), "A new approach to geometric nonlinearity of cable structures", Comput. Struct., 67, 243-252. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(98)00052-2
- Active control for mid-span connection of a deployable tensegrity footbridge vol.112, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2016.01.011
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)