- Volume 15 Issue 19
DOI QR Code
Parameters for Predicting Granulosa Cell Tumor of the Ovary: A Single Center Retrospective Comparative Study
- Yesilyurt, Huseyin (Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr Zekai Tahir Burak Women's Health Education and Research Hospital) ;
- Tokmak, Aytekin (Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr Zekai Tahir Burak Women's Health Education and Research Hospital) ;
- Guzel, Ali Irfan (Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr Zekai Tahir Burak Women's Health Education and Research Hospital) ;
- Simsek, Hakki Sencer (Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr Zekai Tahir Burak Women's Health Education and Research Hospital) ;
- Terzioglu, Serdar Gokay (Department of General Surgery, Dr Zekai Tahir Burak Women's Health Education and Research Hospital) ;
- Erkaya, Salim (Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr Zekai Tahir Burak Women's Health Education and Research Hospital) ;
- Gungor, Tayfun (Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hitit University)
- Published : 2014.10.23
Background: To evaluate factors for predicting the granulosa cell tumor of the ovary (GCTO) pre-operatively. Materials and Methods: This retrospective designed study was conducted on 34 women with GCTO as the study group and 76 women with benign ovarian cysts as the control group. Data were recorded from the hospital database and included age, body mass index (BMI), parity, serum estradiol (
Granulosa cell tumor;ovary;risk factors;prediction;E2 and Ca125;RMI and NLR
- Brown J, Sood AK, Deavers MT, Milojevic L, Gershenson DM (2009). Patterns of metastasis in sex cord-stromal tumors of the ovary: can routine staging lymphadenectomy be omitted? Gynecol Oncol, 113, 86-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2008.12.007
- Acmaz G, Aksoy H, Unal D, et al (2014) Are neutrophil/lymphocyte and platelet/lymphocyte ratios associated with endometrialprecancerous and cancerous lesions in patients with abnormal uterine bleeding? Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 1689-92 https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.4.1689
- Arun-Muthuvel V, Jaya V (2014). Pre-operative evaluation of ovarian tumors by risk of malignancy index, CA125 andultrasound. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 2929-32. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.6.2929
- Bilici A, Inanc M, Ulas A, et al. (2013). Clinical and pathologic features of patients with rare ovarian tumors: multi-center review of 167 patients by the Anatolian Society of Medical Oncology. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 6493-9. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.11.6493
- Chua IS, Tan KT, Lim-Tan SK, Ho TH (2001). A clinical review of granulosa cell tumours of the ovary cases in KKH. Singapore Med J, 42, 203-7.
- Gittleman AM, Price AP, Coren C, et al (2003). Juvenile granulosa cell tumor. Clin Imaging, 27, 221-4 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0899-7071(02)00586-7
- Gurumurthy M, Bryant A, Shanbhag S (2014). Effectiveness of different treatment modalities for the management of adult-onset granulosa celltumours of the ovary (primary and recurrent). Cochrane Database Syst Rev, 4, 6912.
- Guzel AI, Kokanali MK, Erkilinc S, et al. (2014). Predictive role of the neutrophil lymphocyte ratio for invasion with gestational trophoblastic disease. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 4203-6 https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.10.4203
- Huang BS, Sun HD, Hsu YM, et al (2014). Clinical presentation and outcome of adult-type granulosa cell tumors: a retrospective study of 30 patients in a single institute. J Chin Med Assoc, 77, 21-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcma.2013.09.007
- Kottarathil VD, Antony MA, Nair IR, Pavithran K (2013). Recent advances in granulosa cell tumor ovary: a review. Indian J Surg Oncol, 1, 37-47.
- Jacobs I, Oram D, Fairbanks J, et al (1990). A risk of malignancy index incorporating CA125, ultrasound and menopausal status for the accurate preoperative diagnosis of ovarian cancer. Br J Obstet Gynaecol, 10, 922-9.
- Stine JE, Suri A, Gehrig PA, et al (2013). Pre-operative imaging with CA125 is a poor predictor for granulosa cell tumors Gynecologic Oncology, 131, 59-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2013.06.030
- Kommoss S, Anglesio MS, Mackenzie R, et al. (2013). FOXL2 molecular testing in ovarian neoplasms: diagnostic approach and procedural guidelines. Modern Pathology, 26, 860-7. https://doi.org/10.1038/modpathol.2012.226
- Li W, Wu X, Fang C, et al (2009). Prognostic factors in adult granulosa cell tumor of the ovary. Saudi Med J, 30, 247-52
- Murkey B, Nadkarni T, Bhalerao S, Jassawalla MJ (2011) Delayed menopause due to granulosa cell tumor of the ovary. J Mid-life Health, 2, 86-8 https://doi.org/10.4103/0976-7800.92536
- Ohel G, Kaneti H, Schenker JG (1983). Granulosa cell tumors in Israel: a study of 172 cases. Gynecol Oncol, 15, 278-86. https://doi.org/10.1016/0090-8258(83)90083-5
- Outwater EK, Wagner BJ, Mannion C, McLarney JK, Kim B (1998). Sex cord-stromal and steroid cell tumors of the ovary. Radiographics, 18, 1523-46. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiographics.18.6.9821198
- Pectasides D, Pectasides E, Psyrri A (2008). Granulosa cell tumor of the ovary. Cancer Treat Rev, 34, 1-12.
- Schumer ST, Cannistra SA (2003). Granulosa cell tumor of the ovary. J Clin Oncol, 21, 1180-9. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2003.10.019
- Shawky Ael-A, El-Hafez AA, El-Tantawy D, Hamdy R (2014). No association between BRCA1 immunohistochemical expression and tumor grade, stage or overall survival in platinum-treated epithelial ovarian cancer patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 4275-9. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.10.4275
- Vyas M N, Manjeera L, Rai S (2013). Delayed menopause due to ovarian granulosa cell tumour. J Clin Diagn Res, 7, 2306-7
- Thrall MM, Paley P, Pizer E, Garcia R, Goff BA (2011). Patterns of spread and recurrence of sex cord-stromal tumors of the ovary. Gynecol Oncol, 122, 242-5 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2011.03.020
- Wan WN, Zhang YX, Wang XM, et al (2014). ATAD2 is highly expressed in ovarian carcinomas and indicates poor prognosis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 2777-83. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.6.2777
- Williams KA, Labidi-Galy SI, Terry KL, et al (2014). Prognostic significance and predictors of the neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio in ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol, 132, 542-50 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2014.01.026
- Value of the Platelet to Lymphocyte Ratio in the Diagnosis of Ovarian Neoplasms in Adolescents vol.16, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.5.2037
- Association between some inflammatory markers and primary ovarian insufficiency vol.22, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1097/GME.0000000000000423
- Predictive Value of Malignancy Risk Indices for Ovarian Masses in Premenopausal and Postmenopausal Women vol.17, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2016.17.4.2177
- Possibility of women treated with fertility-sparing surgery for non-epithelial ovarian tumors to safely and successfully become pregnant—a Chinese retrospective cohort study among 148 cases pp.2095-0225, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11684-017-0554-3